Need someone new to step up -who will it be?

HarryCarayisGoat

Senior
Banned
With Richards (likely out) and Walton out for GT, I really feel someone outside of Homer and Berrios needs to come up big and become an impact player this week. I believe we are going to have to put up a good number of points to win. I'm hoping it's one of these guys:

Herndon
Harley

Who you got?

Advertisement
They started trying to get the ball to Jeff Thomas. I believe he will be the guy this week, especially with Berrios and Richards ailing

It will have to be the LBs this week! On the other side of the ball, it will undoubtedly have to be Homer and Gaynor.

I think that last drive really boosted Rosier's confidence. Not that it was lacking before e.g. pumping up the FSU crowd, but I think going into Doak and leading that game winning drive showed him that he can beat anyone anywhere and it doesn't matter who's playing WR.

As for which WRs will step up, I'm picking Harley as the guy. He's more likely to step into Richards' actual spot on the field.

I think we definitely need to lean on Herndon going forward. Richt needs to devise a way to get him more involved.

I also agree that we will probably see more Jeff Thomas from this point on - him lining up in the backfield is a clever way to start getting him the ball. I would like to see us try to get him the ball in space and let him create. Kid needs some confidence - we all saw what he is capable of against top competition, albeit at the HS level.

I also think Travis Homer's running style may actually be a better fit for what we are trying to do on offense. Not a knock against Walton - kid is a gamer and a beast and an all around MVP-type for this squad - but Homer sees hole and hits hole with decisiveness, which should keep negative plays to a minimum and keep us ahead of the chains. That said - I am really pulling for Gray and hope he is able to be productive when he is in there to spell our new starting RB. I think he can be...he just needs to make sure the football is secure.

Advertisement
apparently jeff thomas had an amazing practice yesterday. I think he will finally break out at home this weekend.

It is probably going to be someone we don't expect like Cager or Mullins.

Hoping we utilize Langham more in the redzone though for obvious reasons.

We've had Richards for less time than we had Walton and did just fine, but the issue now is that we can't have anyone else hurt. Mullins has to make himself a target or he may never emerge as a player. And I really liked the guy out of HS. Same with Cager, if these guys can't get open now and demand the ball then I've got little hope for their careers impacting the team very much.

As others have said it's the same with Choc. If Dallas is getting more burn than him after a game or two then the story is pretty much written on his career.

I don't think it happens but it would be nice if it was Cager.

He has definitely been targeted a lot and seems to get open. He certainly won't be facing the athletes he did last week.

We really need him. I just don't think Harley and Thomas are quite there yet.

Advertisement
I think it is going to be a combination of these guys getting more involved and making plays. Langham should be an inspiration, we have the players they just need to step up. I am optimistic.

Gotta be the defense, the offense showed it can score with the last TD no Walton, Richards or Donaldson and still got it done vs a very good defense.
Meanwhile our defense failed to hold serve and gave up the lead.

He has definitely been targeted a lot and seems to get open. He certainly won't be facing the athletes he did last week.

Not only won't he be facing the same level of athletes, but the GT corners are smaller. Frankly, Cager is a good choice for a breakout game. Especially with how good Rosier is at throwing fades, back shoulder throws, and jump balls. Really favors a big receiver that's physical.

Advertisement

Not only won't he be facing the same level of athletes, but the GT corners are smaller. Frankly, Cager is a good choice for a breakout game. Especially with how good Rosier is at throwing fades, back shoulder throws, and jump balls. Really favors a big receiver that's physical.
Agreed.

If he's going to be a guy Richt can rely on going forward, he needs to show up this week.

It will be interesting to see how much Langham and Cager play and are targeted.

Cager has to step up after that horrible fsu game.
On defense i would say shaq quarterman,he has been ok but he has been trying to go for the big hit. This week he will wrap up

Advertisement
Id like to see Thomas or Harley make some plays.

The obvious is we need Homer and Gaynor to step up. They both took over starting roles.

Fine I'll say it, I think Cager plays like a bit of a *****. It's no disrespect to him, my fat *** never had to go across the middle @ FSU so I wouldn't know, but when I saw that clip of him basically ducking the ball cause he saw them footsteps I wrote him off.

Rosier kinda called Cager out in the post game interviews yesterday. Basically, Rosier said Cager has a confidence issue, but he's going to continue throwing the ball his way if he's open and it's on Cager to catch the **** thing. Sounds like a challenge to me. I'm really liking the leadership coming out of Rosier.

cager2.jpg

Advertisement
Back