Need someone new to step up -who will it be?

Rosier kinda called Cager out in the post game interviews yesterday. Basically, Rosier said Cager has a confidence issue, but he's going to continue throwing the ball his way if he's open and it's on Cager to catch the **** thing. Sounds like a challenge to me. I'm really liking the leadership coming out of Rosier.
This

Advertisement
Cagers issues were obvious but it's not like Malik played a complete game either. 19-44 is bad no matter how you spin it.

He had a few ****** throws that were meant for Cager.

They both need to step up and be more consistent.

Cagers issues were obvious but it's not like Malik played a complete game either. 19-44 is bad no matter how you spin it.

He had a few ****ty throws that were meant for Cager.

You know there were three 5 stars in that secondary right? We won't be facing another defense as good as them the rest of the season

You know there were three 5 stars in that secondary right? We won't be facing another defense as good as them the rest of the season

That's what makes me feel like, if Rosier could do that down the stretch against James & Co., then he can do it against anybody left on the schedule.

Of course, I also thought the same thing about Brock Berlin after what he did against the Crocs in '03. So, I guess we'll see...

Advertisement
I'm going with Herndon for over 100 yards receiving this week. We'll eat them up with quick screens to him and letting their small DBs tackle him. Jeff Thomas will go for about 50 yards on a big play or 2.

Trajan Bandy makes a big impact on D playing run support and making tackles on the edge

Homer does what he does. Churns out yardage. WE beat the best D on our schedule and murdered Duke with a 50% Walton and it was obvious Homer was more effective and we probably win both of those games by more if he got more snaps. I expect a more efficient run game this week than the last 2

Last edited:

This^^ even if FSU is 1-3 they're head and shoulders above any defense we'll face

I don't care how many stars those DB's had. Cager is 6'5 and he's not a twig. He muscles his way up there and he gives himself a chance to make a play plain and simple. Berrios is going against the same DB's and he's 5 foot nothing. It's all about dogged effort and determination for him. I love that his QB is challenging him. I expect him to rise up to the challenge of his QB.

Advertisement
I think Cager too. And if not I think he might just disappear into the depth chart. Herndon will get his. I think Choc is in the same boat. Step up now or forever be deep on the depth chart. Because if they don’t step up those young dudes are gonna get their chance and one of them will step up.

Everyone needs to step up. We need to play a full game on both sides of the ball. We have not yet. Some people think we stumble this week. We need to show the country that we can handle success and win games we are supposed to.

Last edited:
HYXJZWNMFPOXXKG.20160712230545.jpg

Advertisement

He had a few bad throws but when I went back and watched the tape the receivers didn’t help him much either. There were multiple drops from cager, berrios and ahmmon that would have helped a lot. Also him missing herndon on that rollout pass

Everyone needs to step up. We need to play a full game on both sides of the ball. We have not yet. Some people think we stumble this week. We need to show the country that we can handle success and win games we are supoosed to.

Isn’t it great to say and know we haven’t played a full game yet we were able to beat fsu through all the adversity we faced(bad offense in first half), bad tackling, hobbled walton and richards, scoring 2 clutch touchdowns late in the game without either on the field). That’s exciting to me

Cager has no fight in him, we have all seen it. I want Thomas and Harley to step up this weekend.

Advertisement
I think that last drive really boosted Rosier's confidence. Not that it was lacking before e.g. pumping up the FSU crowd, but I think going into Doak and leading that game winning drive showed him that he can beat anyone anywhere and it doesn't matter who's playing WR.

As for which WRs will step up, I'm picking Harley as the guy. He's more likely to step into Richards' actual spot on the field.

Yeah - previous to FSU, Rosier had confidence - but post-FSU - he got validation - proof - verification.

It also gave proof to our other players that UM football is real, and they can pretty much write their own ticket - if they really, really want it.

I think that last drive really boosted Rosier's confidence. Not that it was lacking before e.g. pumping up the FSU crowd, but I think going into Doak and leading that game winning drive showed him that he can beat anyone anywhere and it doesn't matter who's playing WR.

As for which WRs will step up, I'm picking Harley as the guy. He's more likely to step into Richards' actual spot on the field.

Yeah - previous to FSU, Rosier had confidence - but post-FSU - he got validation - proof - verification.

It also gave proof to our other players that UM football is real, and they can pretty much write their own ticket - if they really, really want it.

Not to mention Rosier essentially led 2 game-winning drives late in the 4th. If our D had gotten the stop on that last FSU drive, the second Berrios TD would've been the game-winner.

Everyone needs to step up. We need to play a full game on both sides of the ball. We have not yet. Some people think we stumble this week. We need to show the country that we can handle success and win games we are supoosed to.

Isn’t it great to say and know we haven’t played a full game yet we were able to beat fsu through all the adversity we faced(bad offense in first half), bad tackling, hobbled walton and richards, scoring 2 clutch touchdowns late in the game without either on the field). That’s exciting to me

I'm still continually watching replays on YouTube. I'm so ******* pumped

Advertisement
Back