NCAA to Review Transfer Process

Advertisement
There's a reason this got put out after Fields and before Martell. It is a signal that they are reviewing processes formally for next year but informally they will be cracking down immediately.

Exactly. They could've waited to say anything until after they ruled on all the players currently appealing. But they decided to announce they'll review their guidelines AFTER they ruled on Fields? Bull.. ****.

Or....they will have to let Martell through now,l but to ensure this never happens again, they’ll tweak the rules.

I can't take anyone who thinks this has nothing to do with Tate Martell seriously...Do you really think so? Is this why almost every article written about the change in transfer eligibility rules that were adopted less than a year ago, mentions Tate Martell? Then has Tate Martell on the cover of their articles? Just a coincidence that they decide to review said rules AGAIN AFTER Fields waiver is approved? You guys should read more and think, research before you write. I'll help you out...just google Division 1 Leadership Council & The Drake Group. Nothing wrong with being informed before you post nonsense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I dont think on a yearly basis the transfer portal route is sustainable for any single team. We will need to get back to recruiting at a high level and pick up a few good transfers along the way. What we did this year I dont think should be the norm.
True, but obviously we have to use what we can to supplement until our depth is where it needs to be...you have to develop a short and long term plan, and the reality is that we will never recruit well until we win games...and the naive people that always bring up Butch Davis ability to find diamonds in the rough are just living in the past. Those days are nearly over. The amount of tech out there and resources to evaluate players is crazy, so it's plain and simple.

We have to recruit well by the numbers, we have to win to recruit well consistently, and we have to do whatever it takes to get those wins now

Advertisement
I can't take anyone who thinks this has nothing to do with Tate Martell seriously...Do you really think so? Is this why almost every article written about the change in transfer eligibility rules that were adopted less than a year ago, mentions Tate Martell? Then has Tate Martell on the cover of their articles? Just a coincidence that they decide to review said rules AGAIN AFTER Fields waiver is approved? You guys should read more and think, research before you write. I'll help you out...just google Division 1 Leadership Council & The Drake Group. Nothing wrong with being informed before you post nonsense.

I dont get the Drake Group reference.

What's the connection here?

No impact on Miami right now. Nobody at the NCAA is giving a second thought about an unproven college QB going to a 7 win program who has struggled in the mighty ACC Coastal.
Thank you for the comedic relief... Believing the NCAA/Emmert does not have the Canes in their crosshairs is hilarious. Miami could be working on the transfer of a one legged kicker and Emmert would do everything in his power to blow the deal up.

Yes how bout some UM LAW alum steps up and stands out, take the NCAA to task. Just askin’ for some #CANESFORLIFE🙌🏿

How about Roy Black take a break from defending Rush Limbaugh, Jeffrey Epstein and Justin Bieber and do us a solid for once? He sure as **** lists his adjunct professorship at UM Law on all of his bios.

Advertisement
The bottom line is it's all on Martell's attorney. If he's good, Tate will win.

Fields' attorney, Tom Mars, is basically undefeated in waiver cases. It's a shame Tate didnt retain him because I'd have no doubt he'd win this one too

Advertisement
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Back