NCAA to Review Transfer Process

Advertisement
Yes how bout some UM LAW alum steps up and stands out, take the NCAA to task. Just askin’ for some #CANESFORLIFE🙌🏿
I dont get the Drake Group reference.

What's the connection here?
In short.....The Drake Group has been trying to convince and sometimes instigate a response from the NCAA that student athletes should not be an considered an asset to a university. They should be allowed the same opportunities that coach have and have advocated for them. The courts have already ruled that once a LOI is signed a transfer must wait a year to play. It was upheld so courts aren't going to offer relief. They advocate for the athletes to get paid or be allowed to work etc. There aren't many colleges that care to challenge the NCAA cause most don't have even minor sports programs.https://www.athleticbusiness.com/industry-press-room/the-drake-group-comments-on-the-proposed-college-athlete-protection-agreement.html

Last edited:
The more I read about why they are reviewing the current rules, I get more confident Martell gets the waiver. Because the rules are written so vague the more I start to believe that they may make a coaching change, be it head coach or recruiting coach a reason on it's own to allow transfers to play without penalty of sitting out. Maybe it's late and I'm delirious. It's still the NCAA.

Advertisement
Let's say the NCAA does give Tate Martell the waiver. They can still ***** us in other, less obvious ways if they in fact still have it out for us. We've got the benefit of some decisions 5% of the time.

Advertisement
Your best, and only adult post. You earned this one Ernie:

đź‘Ť
Not trying to be argumentative, but several days ago I posted a recital of the A,B,C's and got all the way to the letter "F" before making a mistake, although it was downhill from there... I consider that my best and most powerful "adult" post.

They should review the process! If a coach can leave at any time, specifically a head coach or position coach, a player should be able to transfer without being punished. They need to put certain guidelines and stipulations in there to prevent guys from just transferring because. I think if they are transferring just because they should sit a year. If their position coach or head coach leaves, they should have the option to transfer and play immediately.

Advertisement
Not going to have anything to do with Tate, more should be concerned with the fact that this transfer portal and waiver procedure was going to help Miami with leveling the playing field with the schools that spend big $ on recruiting. If the NCAA puts a stop to it. Than we'll just have to learn to build a year ahead, better than we do. Because if we're going after transfers we better be prepared for them to sit out a season
What you guys gotta understand is theres lawyers who specialize in doing nothing but transfers. **** good at it too. They gaurentee waivers. Long as the kid has the bread and a semi intelligent approach they'll get that waiver. Tate if I had to guess probably will get the waiver. Asa on the other hand even though he expects it his story to the NCAA and no lawyer was simply the coaches lied to me about my redshirt... doubt that works personally.

Advertisement
Thank you for the comedic relief... Believing the NCAA/Emmert does not have the Canes in their crosshairs is hilarious. Miami could be working on the transfer of a one legged kicker and Emmert would do everything in his power to blow the deal up.

Miami didn't need the NCAA to take them down. They had, Shannon, Golden and Richt.

If you think the NCAA won't **** us any chance they get you don't get out much.

You guys have it in your head that Miami is still relevant to the national championship picture. You dream up these weird scenarios where the NCAA is coming after Miami because of their hate for the program. It's your way of dealing with the crap Miami has rolled out there for a long time now.

I dont think on a yearly basis the transfer portal route is sustainable for any single team. We will need to get back to recruiting at a high level and pick up a few good transfers along the way. What we did this year I dont think should be the norm.
The portal was a one year thing to try and save this year's recruiting disaster. I think Manny did as well as he could have.

Advertisement
Back