NCAA preparing to pass new "Miami Rule" (End grad transfers)

Advertisement
In two weeks the NCAA will vote to pass a rule that will severely restrict grad transfers in football and basketball.

Essentially, if a kid who comes in as a grad transfer doesnt complete his master's, you lose a scholarship for the season. Obviously, schools will be very hesitant to take grad transfers in the future as a result.

It seems like the vote will pass. **** the NCAA.

Feel like this will cause more regular transfers

**** the NCAA

In two weeks the NCAA will vote to pass a rule that will severely restrict grad transfers in football and basketball.

Essentially, if a kid who comes in as a grad transfer doesnt complete his master's, you lose a scholarship for the season. Obviously, schools will be very hesitant to take grad transfers in the future as a result.

It seems like the vote will pass. **** the NCAA.

Really a stretch to call this a "Miami rule." Hundreds of kids have transferred via this method. Miami has received, what, a dozen?

I guarantee you that, despite it making good fodder on this site, the NCAA isn't waking up every day thinking of ways to ***** Miami.
Just seems like they do.

Advertisement
I can't believe people in this thread act like this is good or "not so bad". First, the school has no control over this and losing one scholarship is a huge penalty. Say a kid balls out his grad year here at the U, get's second round money and then tells Miami to suck it. Are you kidding me? That's way to severe IMO.

Academics my ****, all this will do is encourage academic fraud to those schools facing a potential penalty that are already cheaters. Online degrees and crap that they don't even complete.

The kids already fulfilled their amateur obligation to the NCAA with an undergraduate degree. They should be free to go and do whatever they want their final year. Fack the NCAA.

I...don't really get the uproar? This wouldn't have impacted our most important transfers this year (Martell, Bolden) and basically requires that a grad transfer actually...you know...pursue a graduate degree at the school they go to.

What's the big deal?

Don’t pay much attention do you? NCAA lways helps one school and hurts one other. Bama is in charge helping keeping us down, which is mission on NCAA.

Advertisement
I...don't really get the uproar? This wouldn't have impacted our most important transfers this year (Martell, Bolden) and basically requires that a grad transfer actually...you know...pursue a graduate degree at the school they go to.

What's the big deal?
Why punish a kid for putting in the work to graduate a head of schedule or within four years. If a player graduates he should be able to go anywhere he chooses

To me this is the SEC just sewing up holes in bags. Hey we paid you once, we’re not paying after you graduate, but we also don’t want to see our investment walk away to a rival. It’s not a coincidence this proposal comes out after Bama loses a quality qb to transfer. Just my opinion

Advertisement
So this just affects the Graduate Transfers, not all transfers.
I don't think it's that big of a deal, I believe we only have one correct? Osborn.

I am ok with this.

If a player is leaving under the pretense of getting their master's degree...and the NCAA gives them carte blanche to do so...and then simply fails to get it...then, I am fine with giving the school a penalty.

If you want a one year internship before going pro...just go play on a practice squad.
That's silly. Someone like Tito wouldn't have sniffed a practice squad without his year in Miami.

Advertisement
This.
SEC now even more corrupt.
Guarantee 90% of athletes get masters in same program at auburn.
Media?
Playing field just got even less level.
Gracias
SEC is what it is and always has been . . . If you can't get a masters in one year at Miami, including summer sessions, you've got a problem . . .

Every ncaa administrator should be hauled off to prison for criminal antitrust violations

Advertisement
Back