NCAA preparing to pass new "Miami Rule" (End grad transfers)

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
Premium
In two weeks the NCAA will vote to pass a rule that will severely restrict grad transfers in football and basketball.

Essentially, if a kid who comes in as a grad transfer doesnt complete his master's, you lose a scholarship for the season. Obviously, schools will be very hesitant to take grad transfers in the future as a result.

It seems like the vote will pass. **** the NCAA.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seems the NCAA has a special department there dedicated only to finding ways to ***** Miami

I think they have the entire top floor of the building on the far left

F'em

Advertisement
In two weeks the NCAA will vote to pass a rule that will severely restrict grad transfers in football and basketball.

Essentially, if a kid who comes in as a grad transfer doesnt complete his master's, you lose a scholarship for the season. Obviously, schools will be very hesitant to take grad transfers in the future as a result.

It seems like the vote will pass. **** the NCAA.

Doesn't complete his master's ever?? or is there some time limit ....because many master's take more than a year to complete

This proposal is ridiculous, how can you punish a school for something that it has zero control over?

Let me get this straight: if a grad transfer doesn't obtain his Master's degree, the school loses a scholarship. But if, say, a player on scholarship uses/sells drugs and gets booted from school and fails to get his undergrad degree, the school isn't punished. What type of fvckery is this?

Advertisement
Seems the NCAA has a special department there dedicated only to finding ways to ***** Miami

View attachment 82852

I think they have the entire top floor of the building on the far left

F'em
this would have a huge impact on basketball. i believe texas tech and maybe other final four teams have been heavily reliant on grad transfers. i think as long as the kid is enrolled in classes it should be ok. while it is doable completing the masters is harsh in my view.

You guys have it all wrong, it’s “all about the kids” fellas.

Now think real hard who this prior grad transfer rule has ****ed off the most. Think short little tyrannical madman who wants every rule to benefit him...who almost never takes grad transfers but has lost a few prominent ones.

Hmmm...who could it be?

Really a stretch to call this a "Miami rule." Hundreds of kids have transferred via this method. Miami has received, what, a dozen?

I guarantee you that, despite it making good fodder on this site, the NCAA isn't waking up every day thinking of ways to ***** Miami.

This is really about college basketball. Unless I am mistaken, Miami has had exactly one grad transfer in basketball--Zach Johnson. I would expect at least 3 this summer before the rule takes affect. It's a b.s. reaction. Player has to be a full-time student to be eligible. Could the player drop out in March after the season is over? I'd suspect maybe a handful will do so.

Advertisement
This is really about college basketball. Unless I am mistaken, Miami has had exactly one grad transfer in basketball--Zach Johnson. I would expect at least 3 this summer before the rule takes affect. It's a b.s. reaction. Player has to be a full-time student to be eligible. Could the player drop out in March after the season is over? I'd suspect maybe a handful will do so.

You mean three in, I hope.

Now think real hard who this prior grad transfer rule has ****ed off the most. Think short little tyrannical madman who wants every rule to benefit him...who almost never takes grad transfers but has lost a few prominent ones.

Hmmm...who could it be?

How many does he lose? Maybe 1 ever other year. He wouldn't play the one and done game until 5 years ago. Now he looks like Calipari. If they change the one and done rule then this really isn't an issue.

Advertisement

Hmmm...who could it be?
Jim Brown?

Advertisement
Back