NC STATE @ MIAMI(-3.5) 2PM SAT. DEC 10, RSN, ACCNX (also BALLY SPORTS S)

Advertisement
We're 10-1. How is that not starting off good?

thanks yes 10-1 is good, but:

some of those games were ugly (in large parts) and the wins werent so good. of course any win is good and well take them. but if u watched the games and reviewed all the observations of folks here, who are real fans but just being "real", there was quite a lot of widespread disappointment and exasperation and criticism of the team as a whole or certain players, on many occasions, and is almost always addressed by: "Give the Great Coach L time to work it out, he always does, thats why hes great". so im a bit tired of hearing that and seeing the continuous "sloppy-we-sucking" comments, which truthfully seem deserved at those times.

if 8-1 (as of last week) was replete with good wins over good teams, we WOULD be ranked, but we were not.

This may change Monday.:
Besides nbr 17 Illinois losing badly, nbr 22 SDSU lost today, as did nbr 11 arkansas, to unranks. So there is room, they may have to let us in, and since good team means being better than the others, and cannot totally ignore the W-L record and the ugliness of wins (like barely squeaking past 16-point underdog Cornell), I think we may be ranked soon. We'll see if we can "stay" with Virginia. I'd be surprised if we come within 10, hope to BE SURPRISED, and i expect most ACC matchups to be difficult, but i am a show-me guy.

Advertisement
thanks yes 10-1 is good, but:

some of those games were ugly (in large parts) and the wins werent so good. of course any win is good and well take them. but if u watched the games and reviewed all the observations of folks here, who are real fans but just being "real", there was quite a lot of widespread disappointment and exasperation and criticism of the team as a whole or certain players, on many occasions, and is almost always addressed by: "Give the Great Coach L time to work it out, he always does, thats why hes great". so im a bit tired of hearing that and seeing the continuous "sloppy-we-sucking" comments, which truthfully seem deserved at those times.

if 8-1 (as of last week) was replete with good wins over good teams, we WOULD be ranked, but we were not.

This may change Monday.:
Besides nbr 17 Illinois losing badly, nbr 22 SDSU lost today, as did nbr 11 arkansas, to unranks. So there is room, they may have to let us in, and since good team means being better than the others, and cannot totally ignore the W-L record and the ugliness of wins (like barely squeaking past 16-point underdog Cornell), I think we may be ranked soon. We'll see if we can "stay" with Virginia. I'd be surprised if we come within 10, hope to BE SURPRISED, and i expect most ACC matchups to be difficult, but i am a show-me guy.
As someone else said in this thread, this is basketball. As good as Steph Curry is, his team has an ugly game and not-so-great wins.

IMO, the simple reason Miami gets overlooked is that it doesn't have the pedigree or the history of some of these other teams. The rankings are media driven, and we aren't a **** pick, even coming off of an elite eight. You have to ask yourself why weren't we even ranked in the preseason, and we aren't getting ranked until we beat UVA.

As someone else said in this thread, this is basketball. As good as Steph Curry is, his team has an ugly game and not-so-great wins.

IMO, the simple reason Miami gets overlooked is that it doesn't have the pedigree or the history of some of these other teams. The rankings are media driven, and we aren't a **** pick, even coming off of an elite eight. You have to ask yourself why weren't we even ranked in the preseason, and we aren't getting ranked until we beat UVA.

Nbr 21 Creighton also just lost (loss 4) to 6-5 BYU. There is a LOT of room to move up and in this Monday, dont think we need Va.

Advertisement
From what I have been told in the past, blackouts occur based on your zip code. Does not make sense in some regions. I live 200 miles from Miami and have had games blacked out. It also is hit and miss as they black out a game 1 week and broadcast a similar game the next week.

Advertisement
I get the desire to be ranked but honestly I could give a fugg about them. The committee doesn't care either. I only care about winning the ACC and getting a great seeding for March Madness. That's the only ranking that matters.

What this game signified more than anything is how resilient they are.

This is a battle tested team that doesn’t quit & doesn’t panic when they get down by a deficit.

Larra also made some really good 2nd half defensive adjustments putting Harland Beverly in to slow down Terquavion Smith when he was killing us & Ben Joseph on Joiner when he was having his way driving to the basket & making **** near every 3 he took lol.

Wong & Miller also came up big making clutch shots; for all the criticism Wong receives his veteran leadership in games like these are invaluable & it’s why he’s best player on the team, because when we need him the most is when he plays at his best.

What this team has showed all season is that they can score & they’re not shook by any opponent they step on the floor with. We’ve shot over 45% in nearly every game we’ve played this season, in fact our lowest shooting % was 42% against Providence, but against everyone else has been 45% & up (Maryland included), that’s pretty **** good & a major part as to why we’re 10-1 right now.

As it stands, UVA, VA Tech & Duke look to be the toughest comp we’ll face throughout the ACC & we have the horses & the resolve as a team to compete with each one of them.

The Elite 8 run wasn’t a fluke or lightning in a bottle, this team is legit a Deep tourney caliber squad.

Advertisement

We are 43 Kenpom, so it's no surprise we're not ranked. I'm not sure we've beaten a team that would be in the field of 68 if the tournament started today.

I think the shooting tricked us into thinking he was a great offensive player. He isn't, he's a great shooter and that's it.

If you're a great shooter, you're a great offensive player. It's the most important skill in basketball. The problem is he hasn't been a great shooter so far.

Advertisement
Back