Natty Thread TCU vs. UGA

Advertisement
Exactly this is epic bloodbath it should be 65-0 really, and TCU lose their QB too they'll fallback to a mid level team next year
Chandler Morris beat out Duggan for the job, he just got hurt in week 1. You’re also forgetting what Dykes and Riley did for Duggan. He was a turnover machine until this year. Almost 40 turnovers in his first 3 years, compared to around 8ish before tonight. They’ll be fine. Probably win 9 next year if they keep their staff intact.

Love the Kobe reference; Kobe said Pau is my brother but he ain’t wearing this jersey, so imma run through him.

I hate this choir boy image we’re trying to portray. That ain’t us.

We keep harping on “but, but, but these guys don’t wanna live in these places, they wanna live in So Fla” or “but, but, but we’re a family, why would they want to go to these places that only uses them for their athletics.” Man, fcccccck all of that; Jeudy told us in 2016, Savages play w/ Savages. For Miami to get back, we need to change this entire make-up. We’re not choir boys, we’re outlaws. We’re not sportmans, we’re villains. Align urself w/ our identity & get rid of this 2nd class, Harvard of the South bull chit!
I love Kobe. Lived in LA for 19 years and watched him play every night. Saw him drop a dagger on Phoenix 7th row the first year they won the title. But I also saw him selfishly launch shots from all over the court when he didn’t have Phil Jackson to rein him in. Bad comparison. Leadership starts at the top and bleeds it way down. Watching Saban yuck it up at half time in his awful blue blazer made me laugh. But he’s a genius. Doesn’t need NIL. I hate him but he has the culture built. Get in or get out. Mario is off to an amazing start. But it’s gonna take time to change and it starts by stacking chips. Georgia just dominated college football for two years with TomThumb at qb.

Yea, big upgrade from Bobo. I thought TCU would use Georgia’s aggressiveness against them with a lot of misdirection and rpo but it’s been the other way around. Plus with the mismatch in pure talent, this is TCU’s ceiling unfortunately.

With Mario’s insane recruiting and elite coordinators, we can seriously be this in a few years.
What’s funny is Mike BoBo is an analyst for UGA

Advertisement
I love Kobe. Lived in LA for 19 years and watched him play every night. Saw him drop a dagger on Phoenix 7th row the first year they won the title. But I also saw him selfishly launch shots from all over the court when he didn’t have Phil Jackson to rein him in. Bad comparison. Leadership starts at the top and bleeds it way down. Watching Saban yuck it up at half time in his awful blue blazer made me laugh. But he’s a genius. Doesn’t need NIL. I hate him but he has the culture built. Get in or get out. Mario is off to an amazing start. But it’s gonna take time to change and it starts by stacking chips. Georgia just dominated college football for two years with TomThumb at qb.

It doesn’t take time; that’s been blown out the window. 3 yrs at the absolute max, but often today u’re seeing a turn around in yr 2, & there’s way too much tangible evidence that supports this.

The part w Kobe was the competitive spirit, & that spirit carried from practice to the court.

It doesn’t take time; that’s been blown out the window. 3 yrs at the absolute max, but often today u’re seeing a turn around in yr 2, & there’s way too much tangible evidence that supports this.

The part w Kobe was the competitive spirit, & that spirit carried from practice to the court.
People forget that Kirby got UGA to the championship game and lost in OT to Bama in year 2. This whole 3-5 year rebuild/turnaround is out of the window. Too much money and resources get poured into coach salaries and facilities now for people to want to wait around.

Advertisement
People forget that Kirby got UGA to the championship game and lost in OT to Bama in year 2. This whole 3-5 year rebuild/turnaround is out of the window. Too much money and resources get poured into coach salaries and facilities now for people to want to wait around.
Smart walked into a great situation - Richt left him a great foundation (he was sacked because he couldn't get over the hump, not because the team was a disaster).

It's a completely different story in Miami. Comparing apples to oranges.

You shouldn’t feel like you have to disclose EVERYTHING on here.
F**k that, i'm not ashamed to admit. In my defense though, I don't really follow TCU like that, so i hadn't even heard about Garrett Riley until his name started coming up as a possible OC for Miami.

Smart walked into a great situation - Richt left him a great foundation (he was sacked because he couldn't get over the hump, not because the team was a disaster).

That may be, but I will also say that the same team Kirby took to the championship game in the 2017-2018 season would have lost 3-4 games under Richt. Mario may be facing a complete rebuild/turnaround (depending on who you ask), but i guarantee if the 2023 record is not at least a 3-4 game improvement over this past season, then people will really be critical and questioning him as a coach (especially with the recruiting class he's bringing in). I'm not saying he will be on the hot seat, but the voices of opposition will be even louder.

Advertisement
Love that it
Chandler Morris beat out Duggan for the job, he just got hurt in week 1. You’re also forgetting what Dykes and Riley did for Duggan. He was a turnover machine until this year. Almost 40 turnovers in his first 3 years, compared to around 8ish before tonight. They’ll be fine. Probably win 9 next year if they keep their staff intact.
i swear for CFB forum people really don’t know much about the sport lol TCU made the Natty with their back up lol

While I agree w/ u that Richt left Kirby a great foundation (10-3 the yr prior to Kirby taking over), there’s still a plethora of coaches who walked into non ideal situations that guided their teams to success w/in two yrs. I‘be thoroughly vetted this subject as means to give Mario a mulligan for yr 1, but we definitely need to see a massive improvement in yr 2. It’s not that we went 5-7, it’s how we went 5-7. We were a bad 5-7 team.

UGA is far ahead on the talent curve, it doesn't matter to an extent what they ran. it can get them closer though to have a shot at pulling it off (see Tenn v Bama where tenn didnt have the talent bama does but their O made up for it). running O the Mario way isnt gonna beat ugA either lol. its gonna take a combo of talent and coaching (see OSU). you gotta put points up on UGA to beat them bc you aren't winning it in a defensive battle (see OSU). tonight was always going to be a blowout bc UGA can just out talent them. fwiw, UGA doesn't run the crap we run either lol. they used to have a horrific offense that cost them big games under Kirby. monken bowers changed it completely.
Sorry you dont know that. Texas A&M beat bama while finishing 8-4. And almost beat them again while having a losing record. Thats with a terrible offense and turmoil in the locker room. When you look at the recruiting rankings and see Miami had more 5 stars than UGA. U do that or similar for 2 more cycles, that spread aint opening at 21 points. Dudes wins games. U can call whatever. If we had our current OL, i doubt we win less than 8 games. We running the ball at Duke and MTSU, minimum and that FSU game at home is nowhere near how it turn out. Gattis is that inept but a better OC can execute a ball control offense that give teams issues, if you have dudes

Advertisement
TCU wins - Quentin Johnston wins MVP

Hot take MVP - LT’s son, the CB wins it.

Edit: his nephew lol thanks @AllAboutTheU
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF
Michael Jordan Lol GIF
Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

People sleep on him and this offense. People think this is three yards and void of dust but they spread the field and out there athletes in position. Constant motion , misdirection , zone reads, rpo’s and constant pressure on all three levels.
Facts because in all reality he should be in the nfl lol he’s probably the best oc in the country.

While I agree w/ u that Richt left Kirby a great foundation (10-3 the yr prior to Kirby taking over), there’s still a plethora of coaches who walked into non ideal situations that guided their teams to success w/in two yrs. I‘be thoroughly vetted this subject as means to give Mario a mulligan for yr 1, but we definitely need to see a massive improvement in yr 2. It’s not that we went 5-7, it’s how we went 5-7. We were a bad 5-7 team.
Outside of UGA I have not seen true success of a turnaround in less than three years. Have teams gone from winning 6 games to 10 sure but have they consistently stayed there? Saban did it and Harbaugh has done it and to do it the right way it takes time. I agree if we go 5-7 this year heads will roll we need to see at least a 3 game improvement but to sustain success at anything in life it takes time.

Advertisement
Back