National title game this year? ...no bs

Advertisement
scratching chappelles show GIF

there's a lot of people outside the u that dont know the depth of whats happening here.

5 losses last year. Lost 3 games by 3 or less.

Sam howell and kenny pickett are gone.

Clemson is hoping that one of these two new qbs pan out or else their stuck with DJ this year.

I believe that all the below is going to get us past those 3 points:

One of the best ads in the country who's focused on being the best at all sports.

Mario who is family n has the knowledge and determination for elite level football.

Deep pockets with ruiz

Probably pound for pound, the best staff in football.

We FINALLY have coaches who can pull out our kids true potential.

Almost whole team from last year is coming back with many good addition from this year

A&M n clemson will be the real tests. If we have one loss and still win acc title game...we in the final 4 most likely.

These aren't my expectations but they are slowly getting there with seeing everything we're doing.

We had only 5 losses last year with the staff that we had...and 3 of them we're by 3 or less.
Offense shouldn't be the issue. It's the defense. If Mario can get DL and LB help from the portal, and we get a break or two, I could see us making the playoffs.

Advertisement
It's OK to dream.

Just don't get your hopes up too much. There's still a sizable talent gap between Miami and the real contenders, so even if the new coaching staff improves things dramatically, they just don't have the horses. It'll take a few more classes to get back to that point where you can legitimately make playoff predictions.

We should likely be better than we were last year and hopefully even better the year after.

We should be a contender for the corstal. It's the worst P5 division and we should dominate it from here on out. Clemson will tell us where we set in the ACC and A&M will tell us where we sit nationally.

The O line and D line success will be the determining factor as to how the season goes.
Good play in the trenches and double digit wins is in the cards. Otherwise it's probably an 8 win season coming up.

Advertisement
there's a lot of people outside the u that dont know the depth of whats happening here.

Clemson is hoping that one of these two new qbs pan out or else their stuck with DJ this year.

One of the best ads in the country who's focused on being the best at all sports.

Mario who is family n has the knowledge and determination for elite level football.

Deep pockets with ruiz

Almost whole team from last year is coming back with many good addition from this year

A&M n clemson will be the real tests. If we have one loss and still win acc title game...we in the final 4 most likely.

These aren't my expectations but they are slowly getting there with seeing everything we're doing.

We had only 5 losses last year with the staff that we had...and 3 of them we're by 3 or less.

Have to learn to win big before winning big. This group isn't there year—while other programs absolutely are.

Need to beat the likes of North Carolina first, not lose winnable ACC games, take the Coastal for the SECOND time—and then win the average ACC for the first time since joining in 2004.

Georgia got to a title game with Smart in 2017 and lost. That off-season, they dumped $200,000,000 into their program to chase what Bama was doing. In 2021, they finally caught up—and the Dawgs were coming off a solid 15-year run under Mark Richt before going next level, with Smart getting a title year six.

Miami at best is going 10-2 this regular season and should get a rematch with Clemson in the ACC title game—where a win puts them an unthinkable 11-2—but arguably still outside the top four for the playoffs.

Realistically, probably a 9-3 season—or 10-3 after an ACC title game loss, with a shot at 11-3 and a bowl win—all of which would be magical after three years of Diaz's incompetence and late-season skids—as well as 16 years of irrelevance, outside of Richt's one little magical season in 2017.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all really gotta temper your expectations. 7-5 is 1000x’s more likely than even making the playoffs.

Gonna be hilarious how many people will be calling for Mario’s head after we drop 2-3 games.
Folks will be calling for Mario's head before we lose a game. Wait till the 1st failed conversion on 3rd and 1 . . . "we hired an OL expert who can't even get right the one thing he's an expert at. Fire him and his buddy."

I'm not sure if trolling, but I'll bite . . . we're not a contender until we have line play befitting playoff teams. We don't. And one offseason will not change that.

That's part of it but it goes beyond that. One off season to change years or habits, mental approach, focus, culture, etc., is not enough. If Mario miraculously fixes that stuff in 9 months, crown him. That's why I go back to a 9-3 type of year.

Deep pockets with ruiz

FKln5s2WYAE4k7r.jpg

Advertisement
Back