National Regional Updates

So after all the “how do you evaluate the conferences with so few non-con games?” the field will be:

Texas
2 PAC12 teams
2-3 ACC
2-3 SEC
Never would have guessed it. Not sure it is a "conference defining" stat the same way as "bowl record" is not but I am impressed none the less. I assumed that the best ACC team might have been 5th or 6th in the SEC after a full conference season. Not that this proves that untrue, but a real good showing for the ACC, and very unexpected.

Something like:
Arky
Vandy
Tennesee
Miss St
Then throw in a mix of ND, NC St, Ole Miss Florida in some order

But props to the ACC teams pulling the upsets. In the postseason anything can happen, ask Fresno St.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So after all the “how do you evaluate the conferences with so few non-con games?” the field will be:

Texas
2 PAC12 teams
2-3 ACC
2-3 SEC
Yep; someone said the ACC was mediocre top to bottom and I questioned that. Seems like I was closer to the truth. If ND wins tonight, then the ACC is the dominant conference in Omaha!

Gino needs to use it as motivation in recruiting and with the current roster (we were 2 - 1 vs both the teams already going). Baseball is a funny game. Sometimes getting healthy and hot at the right time is more important than a consistent 60 game season.

Yep; someone said the ACC was mediocre top to bottom and I questioned that. Seems like I was closer to the truth. If ND wins tonight, then the ACC is the dominant conference in Omaha!

Gino needs to use it as motivation in recruiting and with the current roster (we were 2 - 1 vs both the teams already going). Baseball is a funny game. Sometimes getting healthy and hot at the right time is more important than a consistent 60 game season.
Yep, ask Fresno St, they won the CWS with 31 losses. It's a long season and some teams that may not have been "great" all season can get hot, like NC ST and UVA. I think ND punches their ticket tonight as well. I still don't use that as a conference defining stat, but am impressed.

Yep, ask Fresno St, they won the CWS with 31 losses. It's a long season and some teams that may not have been "great" all season can get hot, like NC ST and UVA. I think ND punches their ticket tonight as well. I still don't use that as a conference defining stat, but am impressed.
I hear ya, but come on. IMO, the SEC gets every benefit of the doubt, yet they crap the bed more often than not. If the ACC has 3 in Omaha, I'll be super impressed. Three teams making it from 0 top 8 national seeds.

Advertisement
I hear ya, but come on. IMO, the SEC gets every benefit of the doubt, yet they crap the bed more often than not. If the ACC has 3 in Omaha, I'll be super impressed. Three teams making it from 0 top 8 national seeds.
For sure, very impressive. NC St beating Kopps and a Arky team that never lost a weekend series was beyond impressive after Game 1. I'm going opening weekend and I will be sporting a NC St shirt. I can't pull for ND vs anyone and don't really care about UVA, lol.

Truth be told it stings more that UVA/NC St are making and we beat them 2-3, maybe that's why I can't give them the props, LOL. We were the epitomy of mediocre all year and still could not get by a 3 and 4 seed in a handed to us regional.

I LOVE college baseball, but I hate going to Omaha where I see teams there we should be as good as if not better.

The series has been awesome. I'm gonna crap if 3 ACC teams make Omaha..... and we got knocked out by UFS and SoutheastwestGeorgia truck driving school.
At least we won a game against SoutheastwestGeorgia truck driving school. Florida was the first team eliminated in their own stadium.

At least we won a game against SoutheastwestGeorgia truck driving school. Florida was the first team eliminated in their own stadium.
Very true, but hard to brag though when they send us home and the #4 USF marches on. I actually felt worse about losing the region AFTER UF was sent home. I think Texas would have killed us but you never know in a 3 game series (ask Arky) but we could not even scrap that much fight to win the region.

Hard to believe at one point UF and Miami were the #1 ranked teams during the season... there's your polls.

Very true, but hard to brag though when they send us home and the #4 USF marches on. I actually felt worse about losing the region AFTER UF was sent home. I think Texas would have killed us but you never know in a 3 game series (ask Arky) but we could not even scrap that much fight to win the region.

Hard to believe at one point UF and Miami were the #1 ranked teams during the season... there's your polls.
I agree with this. After UF was eliminated, the regional was ours to take. That’s a whole lot more disappointing than if we had held serve and lost to the #1 team like in 2019. This time it was handed to us and we couldn’t even win a second game.

Advertisement
I agree with this. After UF was eliminated, the regional was ours to take. That’s a whole lot more disappointing than if we had held serve and lost to the #1 team like in 2019. This time it was handed to us and we couldn’t even win a second game.
Not gonna lie, it was one of the more painful postseason exits in my 20 years watching. I could have lived with a loss to UF in the final game since they were the #1 and were home, but no, we get gifted South Alabama and USF and go out getting beat badly twice by a combined 17 to 4? GTFOH

Anything is possible in Omaha but if anyone other than Arkansas or Vandy win it all I will be surprised. I just can not pull not ND in anything at all but I'm down with NC St and UVA doing well.
No Arkansas win!!

Yep, and we had ole know it all jumping our case on day 2 after the 6-2 Acc first day. Crickets now.

One ND win and we have 3!

Advertisement
Anything is possible in Omaha but if anyone other than Arkansas or Vandy win it all I will be surprised. I just can not pull not ND in anything at all but I'm down with NC St and UVA doing well.

Crazy that Vandy's baseball coach, Corbin, likely makes close to 3 million per year now (he reported a 2.3 million total salary in 2016 and he's had a raise since then).

Miami wasn't even paying the head coach of our football program $2.3 million 5 years ago!

Advertisement

I hear you, but no matter how bad it hurts, schadenfreude lessens the pain.

Then there are the guys who were making fun of the 6-2 first day, now ragging about fans. News flash, some of us have ALWAYS supported our conference, even when winning titles. But you folks would not get that, because you are just miserable negative people.

Advertisement
Back