National Regional Updates

These Regional finals are unreal; let's hope we are part of the drama next year. It's become my favorite college sports event. CFB playoffs are boring and so predictable and March Madness has lost much of its luster w the neutral sites.

Advertisement
These Regional finals are unreal; let's hope we are part of the drama next year. It's become my favorite college sports event. CFB playoffs are boring and so predictable and March Madness has lost much of its luster w the neutral sites.
It doesn't help that football and basketball have turned into the same cast of characters year after year.

Advertisement
It doesn't help that football and basketball have turned into the same cast of characters year after year.
Football yes, Bama is King.
I feel like CBB has decent parity now. The Duke/Kentucky/UNC downturns have helped.

GAMES BEGIN FRIDAY, JUNE 11 - All times are Eastern

Note: Game times and ESPN Network subject to change

NC State (33-17) at No. 1 Arkansas (49-11)

6 p.m. (ESPNU), 3 p.m. (ESPN2), *6 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU)

No. 13 East Carolina (44-15) at No. 4 Vanderbilt (43-15)

Noon (ESPN2), Noon (ESPN2), *3 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU)

No. 9 Stanford (36-15) at No. 8 Texas Tech (45-15)

3 p.m. (ESPNU), 3 p.m. (ESPNU), *3 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU)

No. 12 Ole Miss (44-20) at No. 5 Arizona (43-15)

9 p.m. (ESPNU), 10 p.m. (ESPN2), *9 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU)

The following four super regionals will be played Saturday, June 12 and Sunday, June 13, with Monday, June 14 for if necessary or weather-delayed games.

GAMES BEGIN SATURDAY, JUNE 12 – All times are Eastern

Note: Game times and ESPN Network subject to change

South Florida (31-28) at No. 2 Texas (45-15)

9 p.m. (ESPNU), 9 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU), *4 p.m. or 7 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU)

DBU (40-16) vs. Virginia (32-24**) or No. 11 Old Dominion (44-15**)

Neutral site games played in Columbia, South Carolina

**record is through games played June 8

Noon (ESPNU), Noon (ESPN2/ESPNU), *1 p.m. (ESPNU)

LSU (38-23) at No. 3 Tennessee (48-16)

7 p.m. (ESPN2), Noon or 3 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU), *4 p.m. or 7 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU)

No. 10 Notre Dame (33-11) at No. 7 Mississippi State (43-15)

2 p.m. (ESPN), 6 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU), *7 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPNU)

Advertisement
Wow that miss st Irish series is going to be great. It’s going to be rocking at Dudy Noble
I slept on ND most of the season, they got some rocket arms. MSU has a reliever every bit the equivalent of Palmquist in Landon Sims. Looking forward to the series.

Last edited:
I slept on ND most of the season, they got some rocket arms. MSU has a reliever every bit the equivalent of Palmquist in Landon Sims. Looking forward to the series.
I'll actually be rooting for them, NC St and UVA. Because if one of them doesn't win, the ACC will be absent from Omaha and there's a strong likelihood there will be 4 - 5 S$C teams in the final 8 - ugh.

The only saving grace is that UF won't be one of them.

I'll actually be rooting for them, NC St and UVA. Because if one of them doesn't win, the ACC will be absent from Omaha and there's a strong likelihood there will be 4 - 5 S$C teams in the final 8 - ugh.

The only saving grace is that UF won't be one of them.
Anything is possible in Omaha but if anyone other than Arkansas or Vandy win it all I will be surprised. I just can not pull not ND in anything at all but I'm down with NC St and UVA doing well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So after all the “how do you evaluate the conferences with so few non-con games?” the field will be:

Texas
2 PAC12 teams
2-3 ACC
2-3 SEC

Advertisement
Back