Names coming off the board (IMO)

Advertisement
N why exactly is Dantonio leaving mich st to come here? He's a win away from being in the playoffs

If Philly cuts loose Chip he is going to Tennessee. Pretty easy to see that. The guy is an ego maniac & wants to prove he can hack it with the big boys. Leaving the Nfl shows he gave up & IMO he is not that type of guy.

Advertisement
Jagr is far more fiery and violent on message boards than he was on the ice.

As long as Butch is sitting there as a decent fallback they should take their time and exhaust every possibility of getting a marquee guy. Period.

Uhhh..Its happening. Fuente is off the board. Herman aint coming I dont care what he says or doesnt say. So just curious..how long do we wait here? Using Consigliere list, Dantanio wont be available to talk until sometime in Jan...Chip Kelly too. Patterson around last December maybe early Jan..

So we basically say ***** an entire recruiting class (which just so happens to be an extremely talented year in SoFla) and hope and pray these guys are interested and if they are not, hire Butch sometime mid-January and pray he can piece together a class in 30 days? Sorry, there isnt one guy on that list I sacrifice this scenario for. Not one.

You're too antsy and panicky. You sound like a girl who needs to hurry up and get to the mall before the latest greatest pair of heels sells out.

If Butch is the recruiter his cultists think he is he can salvage this class and improve it in a week. There's no reason to panic and make a rushed hire just because a few recruiting nerds are worried. Make the right hire.

Now, if they wind up hiring Butch and never made a real run at a marquee guy, then, yeah, they should have done that already. If they think they can woo a marquee guy then let them do it.

As long as Butch is sitting there as a decent fallback they should take their time and exhaust every possibility of getting a marquee guy. Period.

Uhhh..Its happening. Fuente is off the board. Herman aint coming I dont care what he says or doesnt say. So just curious..how long do we wait here? Using Consigliere list, Dantanio wont be available to talk until sometime in Jan...Chip Kelly too. Patterson around last December maybe early Jan..

So we basically say ***** an entire recruiting class (which just so happens to be an extremely talented year in SoFla) and hope and pray these guys are interested and if they are not, hire Butch sometime mid-January and pray he can piece together a class in 30 days? Sorry, there isnt one guy on that list I sacrifice this scenario for. Not one.

Gary Patterson is available right now if we want him. No need to even interview the guy, if he wants the job, it's his and he comes tomorrow. He's not in the playoff and he doesn't have to coach his bowl game

Now this is a response I can get with. This is a fair rebuttal. But I just dont see Patterson leaving a school that he is God at and will remain a God as long as he can keep them at 8-10 wins a year just to come here and be hated if we are not in the BCS Playoff within two years. And all this for only 4M. Not like we are giving him some Vito Corleone offer.

I would love Gary Patterson. But it just doesnt seem to make sense for him to leave the comforts of TCU for this job.

You're too antsy and panicky. You sound like a girl who needs to hurry up and get to the mall before the latest greatest pair of heels sells out.

If Butch is the recruiter his cultists think he is he can salvage this class and improve it in a week. There's no reason to panic and make a rushed hire just because a few recruiting nerds are worried. Make the right hire.

Now, if they wind up hiring Butch and never made a real run at a marquee guy, then, yeah, they should have done that already. If they think they can woo a marquee guy then let them do it.

Im the girl that knows I cant afford to go into Louis Vuitton and buy not one god **** thing in there so I stay my a$$ at Macys where I can get a great looking pair of shoes for alot less. (shrugs) Why kid myself into thinking I got it like that when I dont?

Thats some of you guys. You still think people are falling over themselves for this gig and that this job is hot when it aint. Esp when we only got 4M to spend. WE know its a great job. But we are slowly finding out that not alot of people think the same. Fuente (He was one of your favs right?) didnt even entertain an interview and took the job at one of our rivals.

And I still want the question answered of why the **** Dantonio would leave MSU for the UM job?

And I still want the question answered of why the **** Dantonio would leave MSU for the UM job?
It is ***ing MSU and East Lansing...who gives a chit? You act like they're some insanely AMAZING program.

Maybe he hates East Lansing or cold weather, it isn't exactly Coral Gables (see below). Maybe he realizes with Harbaugh and Meyer, it is difficult to win and/or at MSU he has hit his ceiling. Maybe he wants to be or have access to a better talent pool.

The median income for a household in the city was $28,217, and the median income for a family was $61,985 (these figures had risen to $29,885 and $81,941 respectively as of a 2007 estimate[15]). Males had a median income of $43,767 versus $30,556 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,333. About 11.0% of families and 34.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.8% of those under age 18 and 3.7% of those age 65 or over.

Advertisement
It is ***ing MSU and East Lansing...who gives a chit? You act like they're some insanely AMAZING program.

Maybe he hates East Lansing or cold weather, it isn't exactly Coral Gables (see below). Maybe he realizes with Harbaugh and Meyer, it is difficult to win and/or at MSU he has hit his ceiling. Maybe he wants to be or have access to a better talent pool.

The median income for a household in the city was $28,217, and the median income for a family was $61,985 (these figures had risen to $29,885 and $81,941 respectively as of a 2007 estimate[15]). Males had a median income of $43,767 versus $30,556 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,333. About 11.0% of families and 34.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.8% of those under age 18 and 3.7% of those age 65 or over.

Sounds like a lot of maybes...maybe he likes the food in Michigan? Maybe he likes cold weather? Maybe he likes the challenge of coaching against Harbaugh & Meyer?

I really get a kick out of how an opinion that is not yours is worthless and the author of said opinion is a dumb ***. You must be wickit smaht.

Go Canes!

BBB & CD!

Sounds like a lot of maybes...maybe he likes the food in Michigan? Maybe he likes cold weather? Maybe he likes the challenge of coaching against Harbaugh & Meyer?

I really get a kick out of how an opinion that is not yours is worthless and the author of said opinion is a dumb ***. You must be wickit smaht.

Go Canes!

BBB & CD!

Smh. Let him have his dream. At the rate hes going, why not just put Urban Meyers name on the **** list too. He always likes a new challenge. Prob getting bored in Columbus. Misses the FLA weather. Why dont we give him a ring too, right Con?

(Also, according to another thread..Patterson respectfully declined us. So cross him off your list. So that leaves us with...........Tom Herman..Maybe?)

Go Canes!

BBB & CD!

It is a question you ****, can you read or are you a potato? Did anyone speak to Dantonio? How do you know? Of course we don't know and quite possibly HE WILL NEVER LEAVE. Does that mean we shouldn't try? As if MSU is some amazing program that it would be impossible to pull a coach from. Their prior coach was John L. Smith and he went 12-20 in the conference. Before Dantonio they were nothing and it's not like we're trying to pry Saban from Bama.

People always rave about the food in Michigan BTW.

Go Canes!

BBB & CD!

Smh. Let him have his dream. At the rate hes going, why not just put Urban Meyers name on the **** list too. He always likes a new challenge. Prob getting bored in Columbus. Misses the FLA weather. Why dont we give him a ring too, right Con?

(Also, according to another thread..Patterson respectfully declined us. So cross him off your list. So that leaves us with...........Tom Herman..Maybe?)

That is the same thing, that is exactly what I said. OSU and MSU, same tradition and program. Another ***ing potato wrapped in tin foil and once a Golden slurper always a Golden slurper.

I like how you gave props to Ferman with your chitty reference at the end. How could you possibly top that? I guess you could show everyone how you can pull down your depends and hit the potty.

Advertisement
Why couldn't we just hire Butch and get moving already, now if MR really would consider a move to Miami, you have to test the waters. But other then that, let's roll with Butch

Go Canes!

BBB & CD!

That is the same thing, that is exactly what I said. OSU and MSU, same tradition and program. Another ***ing potato wrapped in tin foil and once a Golden slurper always a Golden slurper.

I like how you gave props to Ferman with your chitty reference at the end. How could you possibly top that? I guess you could show everyone how you can pull down your depends and hit the potty.

When the argument turns to ****...resort to stupid shots and calling the poster a Golden slurper. Thats the spirit Dreamchaser!

Advertisement
I know for a fact Butch has inquiries from other major colleges, they aren't stupid it's just that this is home for Butch. Make no mistake Butch Davis will be coaching somewhere at a major college next year.

Go Canes!

BBB & CD!

When the argument turns to ****...resort to stupid shots and calling the poster a Golden slurper. Thats the spirit Dreamchaser!

Correct, your logic and argument are chit. You are a Golden Slurper, own it big man.

You know the same thing that got our coach fired might end up being the reason why other coaches shy away. You would have tho think in their minds if I get off to a slow start them boys are going to be fly those banners again.

I know for a fact Butch has inquiries from other major colleges, they aren't stupid it's just that this is home for Butch. Make no mistake Butch Davis will be coaching somewhere at a major college next year.

Please tell us, how do you know for a fact? Which programs?

Advertisement
Back