Names coming off the board (IMO)

You know the same thing that got our coach fired might end up being the reason why other coaches shy away. You would have tho think in their minds if I get off to a slow start them boys are going to be fly those banners again.

And they would deserve it. This team has no business taking three or 4 years to turn around. hopefully it scares away all the corches.

Advertisement
Jagr is far more fiery and violent on message boards than he was on the ice.

As long as Butch is sitting there as a decent fallback they should take their time and exhaust every possibility of getting a marquee guy. Period.

Uhhh..Its happening. Fuente is off the board. Herman aint coming I dont care what he says or doesnt say. So just curious..how long do we wait here? Using Consigliere list, Dantanio wont be available to talk until sometime in Jan...Chip Kelly too. Patterson around last December maybe early Jan..

So we basically say ***** an entire recruiting class (which just so happens to be an extremely talented year in SoFla) and hope and pray these guys are interested and if they are not, hire Butch sometime mid-January and pray he can piece together a class in 30 days? Sorry, there isnt one guy on that list I sacrifice this scenario for. Not one.

You're too antsy and panicky. You sound like a girl who needs to hurry up and get to the mall before the latest greatest pair of heels sells out.

If Butch is the recruiter his cultists think he is he can salvage this class and improve it in a week. There's no reason to panic and make a rushed hire just because a few recruiting nerds are worried. Make the right hire.

Now, if they wind up hiring Butch and never made a real run at a marquee guy, then, yeah, they should have done that already. If they think they can woo a marquee guy then let them do it.

Im the girl that knows I cant afford to go into Louis Vuitton and buy not one god **** thing in there so I stay my a$$ at Macys where I can get a great looking pair of shoes for alot less. (shrugs) Why kid myself into thinking I got it like that when I dont?

Thats some of you guys. You still think people are falling over themselves for this gig and that this job is hot when it aint. Esp when we only got 4M to spend. WE know its a great job. But we are slowly finding out that not alot of people think the same. Fuente (He was one of your favs right?) didnt even entertain an interview and took the job at one of our rivals.

And I still want the question answered of why the **** Dantonio would leave MSU for the UM job?

You're a small-time thinker. I hope UM doesn't have the same inferiority complex as you do.

N why exactly is Dantonio leaving mich st to come here? He's a win away from being in the playoffs

One possibility: he wins the conference title and the selection committee, full of OSU whores, picks OSU because they are the "better" team. Of course they should not, would not do such a thing but OSU rules the Big 10, or whatever they are. That might shake him loose and get him to CG for the team so hated that TV would insist on them getting in. Other than that, isn't he from TX? Maybe he is tired of the cold.

As long as Butch is sitting there as a decent fallback they should take their time and exhaust every possibility of getting a marquee guy. Period.

Uhhh..Its happening. Fuente is off the board. Herman aint coming I dont care what he says or doesnt say. So just curious..how long do we wait here? Using Consigliere list, Dantanio wont be available to talk until sometime in Jan...Chip Kelly too. Patterson around last December maybe early Jan..

So we basically say ***** an entire recruiting class (which just so happens to be an extremely talented year in SoFla) and hope and pray these guys are interested and if they are not, hire Butch sometime mid-January and pray he can piece together a class in 30 days? Sorry, there isnt one guy on that list I sacrifice this scenario for. Not one.

Gary Patterson is available right now if we want him. No need to even interview the guy, if he wants the job, it's his and he comes tomorrow. He's not in the playoff and he doesn't have to coach his bowl game

Now this is a response I can get with. This is a fair rebuttal. But I just dont see Patterson leaving a school that he is God at and will remain a God as long as he can keep them at 8-10 wins a year just to come here and be hated if we are not in the BCS Playoff within two years. And all this for only 4M. Not like we are giving him some Vito Corleone offer.

I would love Gary Patterson. But it just doesnt seem to make sense for him to leave the comforts of TCU for this job.

Ya, Gary Patterson is not coming here imho. Looking from the outside in, seems like a no brainer that he should, looking at advancing his career. He's never going to do anything at TCU just because it's a bottom feeder for recruiting in Texas regardless of them winning and the Big 12 scheduling and set up and everything is a joke.

But, I nor anyone on here knows how he feels about living there, or the case may be he wants to retire there, unless we offer something upwards of 5-6 million, which we aren't doing.

You know the same thing that got our coach fired might end up being the reason why other coaches shy away. You would have tho think in their minds if I get off to a slow start them boys are going to be fly those banners again.

Exactly! If you can't take the heat, stay out of the Gables. Wimps not wanted!

Advertisement

You're too antsy and panicky. You sound like a girl who needs to hurry up and get to the mall before the latest greatest pair of heels sells out.

If Butch is the recruiter his cultists think he is he can salvage this class and improve it in a week. There's no reason to panic and make a rushed hire just because a few recruiting nerds are worried. Make the right hire.

Now, if they wind up hiring Butch and never made a real run at a marquee guy, then, yeah, they should have done that already. If they think they can woo a marquee guy then let them do it.

Im the girl that knows I cant afford to go into Louis Vuitton and buy not one god **** thing in there so I stay my a$$ at Macys where I can get a great looking pair of shoes for alot less. (shrugs) Why kid myself into thinking I got it like that when I dont?

Thats some of you guys. You still think people are falling over themselves for this gig and that this job is hot when it aint. Esp when we only got 4M to spend. WE know its a great job. But we are slowly finding out that not alot of people think the same. Fuente (He was one of your favs right?) didnt even entertain an interview and took the job at one of our rivals.

And I still want the question answered of why the **** Dantonio would leave MSU for the UM job?

You're a small-time thinker. I hope UM doesn't have the same inferiority complex as you do.

Nope. I have just been a UM fan for 33 years. I know my program by now. You should too..Leopard dont ever change its stripes. (shrugs) Im a realist.

Nope. I have just been a UM fan for 33 years. I know my program by now. You should too..Leopard dont ever change its stripes. (shrugs) Im a realist.

Did you really just type "leopard dont ever change its stripes."?!?

Come on man.

Come on man.

What? We are who we are. No coach out there will understand us but one of our own. They wont understand why we are light years behind everyone else when it comes to facilities but still find a way to stay relevant...they wont understand why fans only come out to the games if we are winning...they wont understand why alumni are so passionate and former players are so invested in the program.... And who better then Butch to understand all these dynamics that make us a special program?

I dont blame these coaches for not being interested. YOU GUYS believed in them and they fooled you. Fuente didnt even want to come down for a phuckin interview!!! What does that tell you? Herman is using us for a raise. Patterson and Strong told us to go to ****. Chip isnt even returning our calls probably. What more do you need to see???? These dudes DONT WANT THE PRESSURE. And "Dreamchasers" like Franchise and Connie are trying to force them to WANT to be here. Man let them clowns go..Time to be about our business and get this thing going..#BBB .

time to cross one more name off the list...

Chip Kelly staying within the NFL.

And if they fire him...
titans bound.

I know the NFL likes to recycle guys, but most of these college guys with no NFL experience get canned and have to go back to the college game. There is some speculation because Kelly is linked to MM. That in its own right is another kiss of death. Spurrier tried bringing in ex-Gators, Danny Weurffel, Shane Matthews, and he failed miserably with the Skins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Patterson was contacted by the U and so no thanks. He is not going anywhere and why should he? Its funny for the first time in the U's history they have the money to go after a top name coach and nobody is interested. They thought that's all it would take. What a bunch of *****.Butch should have been hired 2 years ago and this administration is fumbling around acting important .

Come on man.

What? We are who we are. No coach out there will understand us but one of our own. They wont understand why we are light years behind everyone else when it comes to facilities but still find a way to stay relevant...they wont understand why fans only come out to the games if we are winning...they wont understand why alumni are so passionate and former players are so invested in the program.... And who better then Butch to understand all these dynamics that make us a special program?

I dont blame these coaches for not being interested. YOU GUYS believed in them and they fooled you. Fuente didnt even want to come down for a phuckin interview!!! What does that tell you? Herman is using us for a raise. Patterson and Strong told us to go to ****. Chip isnt even returning our calls probably. What more do you need to see???? These dudes DONT WANT THE PRESSURE. And "Dreamchasers" like Franchise and Connie are trying to force them to WANT to be here. Man let them clowns go..Time to be about our business and get this thing going..#BBB .

**** bro. I was just making a jest about the fact that leopards have spots and not stripes...not trying to get you all rustled

Jassid82, I agree with you.
People think we have inferiority complex when we say we are not Alabama, LSU, UF, OSU etc. I guess calling spade a spade is considered having small person's mentality nowadays. We don't have the same money that those guys have. We have at best one tenth of the fan base and alumni they have. We have nothing compared to their facilities and game day experience, etc. and with all those deficiencies, we have more expectations and higher performance demands. If the program falls short of our expectations, we don't support the program and we won't go to the games. Heck we will even fly banners if we think it's taking too long to get back to the glory days.

That doesn't mean the right coach can't win big here. But it has to be the coach who understands how to win here, is willing work hard, use the fertile recruiting grounds and the history/tradition to his advantage and win without all the support that a big state school with great resources will give him.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Come on man.

Leopards have spots.

The hate is real on this website.... Majority of you internet commandos need to lighten up. For those of you who at the very least attempt to post intelligently, I thank you.

Advertisement
I think Butch Davis should pull out of the UM deal.

And laugh while at ESPN.

I thought that awhile ago. You start using terms like "fall-back option"
Then play the waiting game on him?
I would be **** off. As other coach's start to decline on UM and others take jobs elsewhere, Butch would call and say.... F-off. But then they would HAVE to settle on Wario. Let's hope good old Wario lands at Rutgers

I think Butch Davis should pull out of the UM deal.

And laugh while at ESPN.

I thought that awhile ago. You start using terms like "fall-back option"
Then play the waiting game on him?
I would be **** off. As other coach's start to decline on UM and others take jobs elsewhere, Butch would call and say.... F-off. But then they would HAVE to settle on Wario. Let's hope good old Wario lands at Rutgers

Agreed. The fall back option theme that is going around is not likely to endear Butch to UM. I would be ****ed off, to say the least.

LOL so now the chicken littles are declaring that no one wants to job? B/C Tom Herman, who may not even have been approached, might stay in Houston? B/C Justin Fuente, a good coach but nothing to be envious of, went to VT? B/C USC pulled a Randy/Coker move? B/C LSU kept their coach?

Advertisement
Back