Names coming off the board (IMO)

Consigliere

All-American
Before I make this post, please understand I have zero confidence in this school to make a great hire. I have no doubt the money is there to get a big name; I just think we're unorganized, wasteful, lack confidence and our track record is atrocious. With that being said...

Names will continue to come off the board (See Fuente) and positions will get filled (USC). Other positions will/are open (UGA) and some may never open (UT or LSU). If the school is holding out, perhaps for a currently employed coach, then don't expect them to make the decision over the next week possibly till the 14th. If they're waiting for a currently employed coach to make a decision or get fired, then expect to see more names come off the board during this time.

My hope is the reason they're holding out is because they have found 3-4 names they're interested in before Butch.

Those names would include (in no particular order):

1. Patterson,
2. Kelly,
3. Dantonio, and
4. Herman

I am not saying the school could get any of those names above but perhaps they're willing to wait. Go through the back channels (agents) and let them know WE WANT YOU AND HERE IS OUR OFFER. No interview, no bullchit, just let them know the job is yours today. Perhaps a coach like Patterson has had enough of TCU. He went 11-1 (8-1) last year and made the Peach Bowl. This year he is 10-2 (7-2) with 2 Ls on the road (against OU and OSU). Maybe he wants to move on to a school with a similar offer (maybe better) and better talent pool. Perhaps Fort Worth sucks. Who really knows? I can list other reasons for (1), (2) and (4) but that isn't really the point.

The other point is Butch Davis doesn't seem (IMO) to be entertaining other offers (perhaps they don't exist). He has made it known that he wants this gig. From BD's perspective, this is what he thinks is the best way to get the Miami job...essentially admit you want no one but them and show them you're dedicated.

BD is my floor, we can get better, but we shouldn't take someone beneath him (Strong, Mario and Schiano etc.). Because of BD we have the ability to extend this search since we can always go back to the floor. I know some are concerned with recruiting, but grabbing the right guy is MUCH MORE important. It has been a long time since we were relevant. The school should not *** this up.

Advertisement
Your list is a joke. None of the 4 you listed will be interviewed and highly doubtful that are interested in coming to Miami.

Advertisement
Jagr is far more fiery and violent on message boards than he was on the ice.

As long as Butch is sitting there as a decent fallback they should take their time and exhaust every possibility of getting a marquee guy. Period.

Advertisement
Your list is a joke. None of the 4 you listed will be interviewed and highly doubtful that are interested in coming to Miami.

I'm not ruling out Gary Patterson. That is the most realistic of all the Home Run hires we could possibly make. I have never been to FW so I'm not going to even ramble if it's a **** place to live or not. I'm not even going to talk about money, I'm sure all the big oil guys that are associated with TCU could give him what he wants and something UM can't compete with.

But.. he's capped out at TCU and there is no denying that. He just went 11-1 a few years ago and didn't even get in the playoff. The Big 12 has no championship game and that will not change any time soon, also holding teams from the conference from getting into the playoff. Whoever does the Big 12 schedule is a jackass, they backload it to where the only 3 decent teams all play eachother at the end. They get no respect for their first half schedule and are barely considered in the top 4 until they play those games, lose 1 and you are automatically out. TCU is never going to out recruit, A&M, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma, and every other school coming into the state. Also, looks what is about to come on at Houston, they are doing everything they can to keep Herman.

TCU is losing a ton of key players after this year, including Boykin. 1 game without Boykin and they barely beat Kansas. I don't think Patterson wants to leave TCU in that situation next year and just up and leave, but if he is career minded at all and ever wants to win, it's now or never. Miami is the only place he's going to win at that is going to offer him any time soon. He's stuck at TCU after this year.

I'm not ruling out Gary Patterson. That is the most realistic of all the Home Run hires we could possibly make. I have never been to FW so I'm not going to even ramble if it's a **** place to live or not. I'm not even going to talk about money, I'm sure all the big oil guys that are associated with TCU could give him what he wants and something UM can't compete with.

"The median income for a household in the city was $37,074, and for a family was $42,939. Males had a median income of $31,663 versus $25,917 for females. The per capita income for the city was $18,800. About 12.7% of families and 15.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 21.4% of those under age 18 and 11.7% of those age 65 or over."

But.. he's capped out at TCU and there is no denying that. He just went 11-1 a few years ago and didn't even get in the playoff. The Big 12 has no championship game and that will not change any time soon, also holding teams from the conference from getting into the playoff. Whoever does the Big 12 schedule is a jackass, they backload it to where the only 3 decent teams all play eachother at the end. They get no respect for their first half schedule and are barely considered in the top 4 until they play those games, lose 1 and you are automatically out. TCU is never going to out recruit, A&M, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma, and every other school coming into the state. Also, looks what is about to come on at Houston, they are doing everything they can to keep Herman.

TCU is losing a ton of key players after this year, including Boykin. 1 game without Boykin and they barely beat Kansas. I don't think Patterson wants to leave TCU in that situation next year and just up and leave, but if he is career minded at all and ever wants to win, it's now or never. Miami is the only place he's going to win at that is going to offer him any time soon. He's stuck at TCU after this year.

Exactly

As long as Butch is sitting there as a decent fallback they should take their time and exhaust every possibility of getting a marquee guy. Period.

Uhhh..Its happening. Fuente is off the board. Herman aint coming I dont care what he says or doesnt say. So just curious..how long do we wait here? Using Consigliere list, Dantanio wont be available to talk until sometime in Jan...Chip Kelly too. Patterson around last December maybe early Jan..

So we basically say ***** an entire recruiting class (which just so happens to be an extremely talented year in SoFla) and hope and pray these guys are interested and if they are not, hire Butch sometime mid-January and pray he can piece together a class in 30 days? Sorry, there isnt one guy on that list I sacrifice this scenario for. Not one.

Advertisement

Uhhh..Its happening. Fuente is off the board. Herman aint coming I dont care what he says or doesnt say. So just curious..how long do we wait here? Using Consigliere list, Dantanio wont be available to talk until sometime in Jan...Chip Kelly too. Patterson around last December maybe early Jan..

So we basically say ***** an entire recruiting class (which just so happens to be an extremely talented year in SoFla) and hope and pray these guys are interested and if they are not, hire Butch sometime mid-January and pray he can piece together a class in 30 days? Sorry, there isnt one guy on that list I sacrifice this scenario for. Not one.

Gary Patterson is available right now if we want him. No need to even interview the guy, if he wants the job, it's his and he comes tomorrow. He's not in the playoff and he doesn't have to coach his bowl game

This porst is amazing for a few reasons:

1. Clearly he didn't read, possibly can't read.

2. He falls into the same bullchit about recruiting when talent isn't the problem.

3. He assumes that coaches are unable to talk, when I clearly stated talking to agents and back channels. Then again Patterson is available now as he isn't going to the playoffs.

The best fan base in the world.

Gary Patterson is available right now if we want him. No need to even interview the guy, if he wants the job, it's his and he comes tomorrow. He's not in the playoff and he doesn't have to coach his bowl game

Yup and I clearly stated that in my post.

Advertisement
Why can't somebody express an opinion on a message board without being attacked? Sheesh.

This is the way weak minded people do when they have the full protection of anonymity hiding behind a screen name. Extremely common though. OP himself/herself is guilty of doing the same thing.

This porst is amazing for a few reasons:

1. Clearly he didn't read, possibly can't read.

2. He falls into the same bullchit about recruiting when talent isn't the problem.

3. He assumes that coaches are unable to talk, when I clearly stated talking to agents and back channels. Then again Patterson is available now as he isn't going to the playoffs.

The best fan base in the world.

You had your butt buddies over there attacking Jagr for $hitting on your post and you do the same thing to me just because I posed a question? (Which by the way wasnt even posed to you. I asked Franchise.)

Hmmm..Okay Connie....You win. You dont want Butch or as you say, "He is the option if no one else on earth wants the job". Fair enough. Carry on with the pipe dream candidates.. We will speak again when they all turn us down or laugh at the mere mention of them being interested in this job.

Advertisement
Back