Nadab Joseph uga signee

I agree fully with what I think you’re trying to say and I know @Rellyrell does as well; I didn’t intend to make myself sound holier than thou. I’d admit to being sensitive about education since I know it will lead most to a path of freedom because it actually, figuratively and literally, opens minds. But there’s no way to push this forward without making it political; that’s not my intent at all.

And, it’s kind of hollow for me to hammer folks about ripping these guys when I don’t even write recruits names again when they don’t choose The U. Figured I’d point out my own hypocrisy.

My apology for derailing the thread.

Naw; I was just razzing u my g. U actually make a solid point that really is a deeper issue than just football. However, w some of these kids, they simply don’t apply themselves.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crazy that bama and uga went so hard for him even though he was so behind in school. From the uga site and his mentor,
"'Depends on how many courses he can get done,” said Evans in regard to Joseph’s timeline. “In a realistic side of things [he can qualify in] probably 18 months.'"
Is it just me or is 18 months worth of courses a lot?

A non-qualifier that goes to JUCO has some requirements to fulfill before he can transfer and be eligible to play.

14.5.4.2 Non-qualifier.
14.5.4.2.1 Eligibility for Financial Aid, Practice and Competition. A transfer student from a two-year
college who was a non-qualifier (per Bylaw 14.3.2.1) is eligible for institutional financial aid, practice
and competition the first academic year in residence only if the student: (Revised: 8/2/12 effective 8/1/16 for
students initially enrolling full time in a collegiate institution on or after 8/1/16)
(a) Has graduated from the two-year college;
(b) Has completed satisfactorily a minimum of 48 semester or 72 quarter hours of transferable-degree
credit acceptable toward any baccalaureate degree program at the certifying institution, including
six-semester or eight-quarter hours of transferable English credit, three semester or four quarter
hours of transferable math credit and three semester or four quarter hours of transferable natural/
physical science credit;
(c) Has attended a two-year college as a full-time student for at least three semesters or four quarters
(excluding summer terms); and
(d) Has achieved a cumulative grade-point average of 2.500 (see Bylaw 14.5.4.6.3.2).

He did visit quite a few times but we never offered. This is likely the reason why.

It's not a criticism of Marshall. They have a great program geared towards re-mediating first year students who were unprepared for college. Good for them. Yet no matter how many services they offer their students, if a kid doesn't want to even try to learn, there's not much anyone can do about it.

That program at Marshall has worked out great. Vinny Curry is a great example.

Also Doc isn't taking you in if you dont have the grades. Sometimes kids don't have the test scores or the correct amount of Cores classes

Advertisement
I’ve never found jokes about kids being “dumb” funny. I don’t care if they’re rivals or not, this directly affects everyone.

The educational level of the prison population differs significantly from that of the household population being over-represented with individuals having below average levels of education. According to the National Adult Literacy Survey, 70% of all incarcerated adults cannot read at a 4th grade level, “meaning they lack the reading skills to navigate many everyday tasks or hold down anything but lower (paying) jobs.” Data supports that those without sufficient income earned by work are the most prone to crime. Paul Romero, a correction official once noted, “With legal means of succeeding in society narrowed, illiteracy is heavily implicated in the crimes landing many behind bars in the first place.”

The Relationship Between Incarceration and Low Literacy
Thanks Harvard

lol if you all think James Cuck is not getting in to uga.

as for nadab, I always found his case curious. Raymond and LSU targeted him as a HS soph but his recruiting fizzled as a senior. After having him watched his highlights a bit, I think he's a bit on the stiff side. Combine that with his shenanigans and I'll be surprised if he amounts to anything at lsu/bama/uga wherever he is.

Advertisement
I don't want to start an argument, but being uneducated doesn't make them dumb. I know some real smart dudes that can barely read and I know some dumb MFs that graduated from great schools. Nadab is dumb and educated so he really isn't a factor of this statistic. The kid graduated from high school and is about to go to college. With that said I am not surprised by this stat because usually the people that get locked up where usually the dumb mfs that come up with the dumbest schemes, the dumb MFs that can't control themselves, and the guys that get unlucky. Look how many old heads you see that been hustling for 50-60 years and never got caught. People always talking about how you either are going to end up dead or in jail, but thats because if you aren't actually from the hood you will never see the dudes that move in silence and never get caught because they aren't trying to make their means of income public. Even with the kids now you have the morons that post all their guns and drugs on IG and the smart dudes that won't even let their picture be taken when they are as clean as a whistle and have no social media. Many times you get unlucky and some smart dudes get locked up. Its a fact, it just happens, but most of the time its the dumb ones that are getting busted.

I disagree with if you're not from the hood mess. That's a lie they still got to worry that every deal wont br their last. Stop the bs ig you gotta hustle weight in your 50 and 60s even late 40s you a nickel and dime type and that's embarrassing. A no tax business should have you eating like a king.

I disagree with if you're not from the hood mess. That's a lie they still got to worry that every deal wont br their last. Stop the bs ig you gotta hustle weight in your 50 and 60s even late 40s you a nickel and dime type and that's embarrassing. A no tax business should have you eating like a king.

That is not the point I was trying to make. My point is you here people all the time "crime doesn't pay", "if you start crime you will end up dead or in jail", etc. Now these are good points to scare children away from doing crime, but its not really true. If you are from the burbs you probably know 0 non white collar criminals. Because of this the only exposure they have is people that get arrested so by they assume everyone that does crime gets arrested(because they don't see the guys that never get arrested). There are plenty of dudes that get a bag before they hit 30, clean the money, and start businesses. Just look at Jay-Z and J prince, but lots of other dudes did it on smaller levels. They start up restaurants, corner stores, etc. I can only speak for NYC, but some of the most powerful dudes in the hood are 50+ year olds and they have been doing this **** for a long time and never got knocked. A taxi driver could die in a car crash everytime he goes to pick someone up too.

I’ve never found jokes about kids being “dumb” funny. I don’t care if they’re rivals or not, this directly affects everyone.

The educational level of the prison population differs significantly from that of the household population being over-represented with individuals having below average levels of education. According to the National Adult Literacy Survey, 70% of all incarcerated adults cannot read at a 4th grade level, “meaning they lack the reading skills to navigate many everyday tasks or hold down anything but lower (paying) jobs.” Data supports that those without sufficient income earned by work are the most prone to crime. Paul Romero, a correction official once noted, “With legal means of succeeding in society narrowed, illiteracy is heavily implicated in the crimes landing many behind bars in the first place.”

The Relationship Between Incarceration and Low Literacy

Man please. Quit making excuses for these dumb *** kids. He has tweeted 2,765 times.

Guess what he could’ve been doing instead of tweeting? His got **** class work.

I’m sick of it.

Advertisement
So sick of stuff like this, kid lives in America not some remote jungle in the Amazon. You have issues get help, he was considered a highly athlete, help was falling at his feet, like cheap prostitutes.. no time for the excuses! Bye Felicia
For real I just can’t give sympathy for kids who can qualify academically for a lack of trying there’s no magical wand or boogie man in the shadows making these kids academically ineligible
@Tetragrammaton Cane

Advertisement
**** makes me mad you if you feel “sorry” for kids who can’t get it done in the classroom you have ******* Mark pope getting his **** in order to get on campus and Miami holds their athletes to a higher academic standard than any ******* sec school ... for ***** sakes Greg Rousseau wanted to be an early enrollee so bad be grinded his last fall semester just to be here ... idk if jobe is on campus at Alabama yet but the iq of a candy necklace and shovel combined can get you an academic scholarship there

I never said I had sympathy; I just don’t do the ridicule thing when it comes to education.

And assuming you meant “can’t” and it’s a huge assumption, how do you know it’s for a lack of trying?
You’re trying to be a social justice warrior or a football forum ... you just wrote a case study sympathizing some bs cmon man. I’m just using my spider senses here He doesn’t have Down syndrome and is able to play football and be a keyboard warrior on Twitter so I’m just going to say it’s the lack of trying

Reading is fundamental. You probably didn’t recognize that I made no excuses; especially not in my initial post. I’d say go back and read it but what would be the point - you already f’d it up the first time.

Now I don’t know if you’re going to run through finger prints or lip texture while sounding out the words trying to divine the rest of this post but the only issues you have with a tweet-a-lot kid is that they haven’t chosen Miami. Not whether or not they’re “dumb”.

You counted his tweets? SMH

You’re a human gas bag that talks from both sides of his mouth so no I don’t need to read all of it. Just the first few lines talking about his inability to read directly affects. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 please stfu. It just affects your stupid ***.

& Dumb ****, learn how to use social media bc no one is counting tweets when Twitter does it for you *******.

Now at least it makes sense why Joseph wasn't even on our radar toward the end of the recruiting cycle. Him having to go to JUCO is crazy.

James Cook is going to ride his brothers fame and be a bust IMO. Good comparison is Avery Johnson (Patrick little brother) who was a cant miss WR and went to LSU only to flop and end up leaving early I think.

Why is it crazy? dude got chit grades and couldn't even get into a chit academic university...and we expect him to get into UM?!? Lmao

Advertisement
Back