Myles Garrett

Advertisement
Let's review the Rudolph/Garrett event:

1.) Garrett tackles Rudolph to the ground at or near the time he releases the ball.

2.) Rudolph gets in his feelings and tries to rip Garrett's helmet off his head, while it is still attached. A quite dangerous move when you consider the importance of the spinal cord to human function.

3.) Garrett retaliates and actually DOES rip Rudolph's helmet off and is subsequently pushed away by the offensive linemen.

4.) Rudolph gets off the ground and goes after Garrett.

5.) Garrett strikes Rudolph on the head with his own helmet. A quite dangerous move when you consider the importance of the brain to human function.

6.) Worthy of note is the fact that Garrett is then punched and kicked multiple times by one of the Pouncey brothers.

Did we miss anything?

Advertisement
Criminal charges? Never happen, nor should it. Not worth thinking about.

Just tell Garrett to pack up his locker and come back next August.
If me or you were on the street surrounded by a punch of people and I hit you in the head with a object and you press charges what’s gonna happen??? My *** is going to jail!
Exactly.

Once you yank a dudes helmet off and proceed to go full on lacrosse on a dudes skull you’ve officially went to a bad place. Then mix on national tv and a sport snowflakes have been trying to destroy.

Fights happen, but if that had been a flush hit to the skull it could’ve been real bad.

Each guy deserves a fine and a suspension but Myles will get a far worse punishment. Deservingly so.
Yeah bruh I don’t care if he ripped his helmet off and started punching him in the face (actually I woulda liked to see that) BUT like you said dude took it to a whole nother level going after his head with a helmet! If me or you did that out asses would be in jail for assault!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't start nothing, won't be nothing. You know it.

jorgepena_005__101926781-e1415870681482.jpg

Please provide evidence of your claim. I have copied the relevant part of the law for you here:

(A) No person, while under the influence of sudden passion or in a sudden fit of rage, either of which is brought on by serious provocation occasioned by the victim that is reasonably sufficient to incite the person into using deadly force, shall knowingly:
(1) Cause serious physical harm to another or to another's unborn;
(2) Cause or attempt to cause physical harm to another or to another's unborn by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance, as defined in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code.
Some people just love being slaves. Do you get all your cues on life from the state?

Advertisement
I think you need to revisit the tape before you embarrass yourself any further. Garrett is already making contact with him as he releases a side arm screen pass. In fact you could argue that Garrett did not see the ball released and was simply completing a sack.
Seen the tape plenty of times. It was excessive, late, & could have easily drawn a penalty. In saying that, Rudolph's response could have easily drawn an off-setting penalty. Garrett's ridiculousness after that.. well yeah. Indefensible.

If me or you were on the street surrounded by a punch of people and I hit you in the head with a object and you press charges what’s gonna happen??? My *** is going to jail! What makes perfess athletes

Yeah bruh I don’t care if he ripped his helmet off and started punching him in the face (actually I woulda liked to see that) BUT like you said dude took it to a whole nother level going after his head with a helmet! If me or you did that out asses would be in jail for assault!

Yep.

If he jumped on him and dropped a bionic elbow or went full on fight club we good. Even if that was after after yanking the helmet off. The level he took it to just can’t happen, and the suspension and fine will be severe.

I’d be shocked if he played again this year.

Advertisement
Didn’t say anybody should get a pass but everybody bashing Garrett and those same people are ignoring the fact that something triggered him. Why was Rudolph pulling at his helmet to begin with? Yes I did say bashing the “brotha” because to the ones calling him a thug, the truth is outside of their entertainment he’s just a “******” and that’s the word the really wanna use. Stephen A Smith was quick to criticize him on Twitter tonight and I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve any criticism but Rudolph is the Saint in this situation? **** no!!!
Yea you have a point, but we see too much selective outrage through a color prism everywhere. And if people bring color into everything by default then that’s wrong, it perpetuates a problem and takes things out of the level playing field. I’d like to think I have objectivity in my posts, and as a person as well... that’s how I was brought up. Lets just be even handed even though others may not be. Go Canes

Seen the tape plenty of times. It was excessive, late, & could have easily drawn a penalty. In saying that, Rudolph's response could have easily drawn an off-setting penalty. Garrett's ridiculousness after that.. well yeah. Indefensible.

You don't hit anyone in the head with a helmet, that's just ridiculous and can't happen. Based on optics alone he will be suspended for the rest of the year. The narrative has gotten a bit wacky though and anyone claiming he should be in jail is out of their mind IMO.

Advertisement
Back