My thoughts on the class (long)

Advertisement
I'm not gonna get into a whole debate about Berrios, cause I don't really mind that offer.

good, cause its a dumb debate.

Berrios is arguably the best slot receiver prospect in the nation and was dominating the UA practices all week. Mckenzie deserved an offer independent of whether or not Berrios was offered. Mckenzie is the most explosive kick returner in the nation..

And obviously rumph couldnt cover those guys rumph was big and slow .... But thats for another day

Why did we offer gray?
What do you think about chad and d jacks?

What would you like to coaches to do? You seem more concerned with **** did you like brady ???

Cant play both sides of the fence here ....

We have offered a ton of kids next year already ... Is that enough s fla offers?

Is yearby and duke fit the size of the supposed golden bias?

The Berrios and McKenzie all-star game stuff is funny because if I remember correctly you didn't even watch the game and got secondhand information from someone and came on here to verify, Wildcat.

I went back and watched it, guy. I saw enough to form my opinion.

So the kid with the torn ACL didn't look as explosive but made two big plays in the game. Ok.

Man, those plays were pedestrian. Stop. It's much different than McKenzie making the D-1 athletes down here look stupid on a regular basis.

Of course it is. He is doing it in south Florida. Catching TDs and picking up chunks on third down don't look as good because he didn't look as "explosive". Never mind that by the numbers Berrios is the better athlete.

Could it possibly be the kids didnt didnt hace interest in us? Do you think golden just says we dont want s fla talent lol....

Did you see golden's press conference couldnt be more happy finally after all the bull**** and handcuffs getting taken off in dec/jan when the ncaa made their statement he stated about the pressure to get top kids and win its not pressure its fun to be able to coach studs like chad who might no of came if the prorgram went the way of the death penalty

Advertisement
LOL at the porsters in here being ok with the amount of local talent we either completely ignored or waited far too long on in the last 2 cycles. They'd defend Golden walking into their house, ******* their girl and taking a **** on their dinner table.

Luckily, guys like Glory and Pete have suggested that the staff has taken steps to improve in this area.

I somewhat agree w/ Wildcat. I think the staff has no idea how to manage a Plan B. I think we needed to take one more corner and I take a JC Jackson type talent and athlete everytime. However, the staff should have been recruiting Dowels throughout and when it became apparent when JC took that Sat trip to Gainesville on the day of Golden's in-home you then put the full court press on Dowels.

I also was in the John Battle camp. After the safety performance of the 2013 canes defense and being of the camp that Gayot eventually moves to LB at his size...not offering Battle is a big mistake. Granted I think Kiy Hester is the best of the brunch but I think we needed Battle to add talented depth until hopefully the franchise and Tim Irvin come in 2015

After shannom and coker golden is a breath of fresh air we finally can see what the man can do without handcuffs in next years class cant wait

Could it possibly be the kids didnt didnt hace interest in us? Do you think golden just says we dont want s fla talent lol....

Did you see golden's press conference couldnt be more happy finally after all the bull**** and handcuffs getting taken off in dec/jan when the ncaa made their statement he stated about the pressure to get top kids and win its not pressure its fun to be able to coach studs like chad who might no of came if the prorgram went the way of the death penalty

One of the first things he did when those handcuffs came off was try and leave the school in the middle of the night.

Advertisement
He tried to leave the school by taking his name out of the pool for his "supposed" dream job..... Yea franklin from vandy was penn st first choice :cigar:

After shannom and coker golden is a breath of fresh air we finally can see what the man can do without handcuffs in next years class cant wait

He's not a breath of fresh air. He's a whole lot of hot air without much substance right now.

For all the complaining people do, it was a top 10 recruiting class and there isn't a lot of room to move up. Do you really think removing these handcuffs you speak of is really going to improve next year's class significantly within such a tight space of class competition? And if there's one thing I've learned from Pete and the other staff members, the class was a success this year due largely to the work of Coley, not Golden. Why would that change for next year's class? South Florida recruits want to be recruited by a South Florida style of person/team and Golden has shown a consistent refusal to perform in that manner. Based off of what Pete and the other staff members have written, that doesn't seem likely to change next year. At least recruiting wise, thank God for Coley.

(On Al Golden and recruiting.) "He is who he is." -Peter Ariz. That is not a statement that bodes well for his recruiting future in South Florida.

He tried to leave the school by taking his name out of the pool for his "supposed" dream job..... Yea franklin from vandy was penn st first choice :cigar:

He disappeared for 3 days and essentially begged on hands and knees for the job. Donna Shalala told the media, "We don't know anything." when asked about her employee's whereabouts. He wanted the job. Plain and simple. He cashed in all of his chips thinking he would get it and got caught with his **** out when he didn't get it. All of his good will that he built with the administration went out the window when you couple those antics with subpar performances. If James Franklin dropped dead tomorrow and Penn State offered Golden the job, he would go in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
Gun to my head? Many of our offers depend on academics. The staff must get clearance for every kid outside of and beyond the NCAA clearinghouse. So if there is a kid from elsewhere that they know they can get in, and like him as much, they will take him.

They aren't going to offer a kid who they don't view as a "must get" if they are going to have to use one of their "exceptions" on him. They have to save those for kids like Valentine, Yearby, etc.

WCD I agree with you whole heartedly man. It pains me to see this. But the landscape for us is different now, bc of our unnecessary standards. The NJ school system is 10x better than in Florida, and you can't be an NCAA qualifier from there without having taken the core classes Miami requires.

Butch, Dennis, JJ, and Howard did not have to deal with this bull****. I don want this staff here anymore, but the admissions issues are destroying any hope of being what we were.

Honestly I think we as fans forget the expectations of a good coach. We wasted so many years dealing with in-house coordinator hires who did not know how to run a program in coker and shannon. Now Golden is much better as at leading a program but he leaves a lot to be desired in his handling of recruiting and his in game coaching imo and he needs to bring a lot more to the table or else we need someone else.

He's not a breath of fresh air. He's a whole lot of hot air without much substance right now.

For all the complaining people do, it was a top 10 recruiting class and there isn't a lot of room to move up. Do you really think removing these handcuffs you speak of is really going to improve next year's class significantly within such a tight space of class competition? And if there's one thing I've learned from Pete and the other staff members, the class was a success this year due largely to the work of Coley, not Golden. Why would that change for next year's class? South Florida recruits want to be recruited by a South Florida style of person/team and Golden has shown a consistent refusal to perform in that manner. Based off of what Pete and the other staff members have written, that doesn't seem likely to change next year. At least recruiting wise, thank God for Coley.

(On Al Golden and recruiting.) "He is who he is." -Peter Ariz. That is not a statement that bodes well for his recruiting future in South Florida.

Advertisement
Mike Rumph and I talk every once and a while and last night we spoke for about 45 minutes about Miami and their recruiting. We talked about Dowels, McKenzie, etc etc etc.

On McKenzie, we both agreed that a kid who embarrasses legit South FLA high school talent on a regular basis should be offered. 5'8". 6'7". 4'5". I don't give a ****. You make an exception for some players, and McKenzie was the kind of athlete that you make an exception for.

On Dowels, Rumph said he's the best Corner he's ever seen, literally. He said that he's NEVER seen anyone cover McKenzie until Dowels got on campus, and Dowels didn't allow him to catch a single pass that whole week. His exact words were "****, I couldn't cover that kid in my prime." He said scouts would come to look at other kids and they would see Dowels and immediately pick up their cell phones to call their head coach. That's exactly how he got his Oklahoma offer. Scouts would say "Coach I never seen anybody play man coverage like this." Then he spoke about how Dowels basically dominated Winky Flowers and Durante in their game against Miami Jackson.

He said the same thing I've been saying for months, you offer those kids despite a lack of inches or pounds. On Dowels, you sacrifice 10 pounds so you can have the best cover Corner in South Florida. On McKenzie, you sacrifice his lack of size so you can sign the most explosive player in Broward County.

If that ****ery wasn't enough you can add the non-recruitment of Battle. Good enough for LSU but not good enough for Miami. Dowels = good enough for A&M, Clemson and Oklahoma but not good enough for Miami. McKenzie = good enough for ND, Florida and Georgia but not good enough for Miami. Scouts literally come down and here and say "Miami doesn't want you son? Well come onnnnn downnnn."

Rumph also told me that Miami rarely shows their face at Heritage, that's why his kids could give two ****s about that school. Take that for what it's worth. Yall keep on proceeding with your blind faith, meanwhile the best play-makers from South Florida are going elsewhere. Who wants the state leader in interceptions, the kid who blankets Ermon Lane's of the world, give me Ryan Mayes baby!

Major problem with posters like yourself and others is the immediate jump to the "blind faith" bull**** or "slurpers" and other crap because someone doesn't immediately take what you say as gospel and the clear answer. We must trust Golden and the staff with everything they do right? Why? Because we don't agree with you? Those can be two separate issues.

I asked questions concerning his recruitment because what happened doesn't make alot of sense unless the kid marches to the beat of his own drum. I don't really care about Dowels or McKenzie. They aren't the difference between Miami being average or great anyway. Maybe Valentine and other dominant DTs are but a WR and a CB aren't. You keep talking about Battle as if Hester wasn't signed. Who is the better safety? Hester or Battle. That can be debated. They didn't whiff at the safety position. They got what appears to be their top guy.

Not calling people slurper or anything, just saying that some of yall have blind faith and think that everything this staff does makes sense. ****, there's people way more qualified than us who don't even think that. Other coaches. LOL

You don't think LSU is looking at Miami like "WTF"?
You don't think Clemson, OU and A&M aren't looking at Miami like "WTF"?
How 'bout Georgia and Florida?

Or do you not trust the opinions and/or evaluations of those coaching staffs?

I've been coaching down here for years. I know first hand. I've met college coaches that giggle and shake their head at the fact that Miami isn't recruiting certain kids. They come down here and one of the first things they ask is "Miami isn't looking at him?" And when we tell them no they just shake their head because many of these coaches come from programs that are better than Miami or have beaten them recently.

Yeah well what was Miami saying when they snatched Kaaya from the west coast? Probably saying the same thing. We'll see what Courtel Jenkins becomes but when teams like Penn State and Ohio State are sniffing around later in the process then maybe Miami stole one away there. It goes both ways.

Florida shouldn't be saying ****, considering they got beat. A&M lost just as many games and played defense just as poorly. They're a college football legend away from being the also-rans they've been for the last 15 years.

Difference is...

Kaaya had offers from USC and UCLA. How could Miami say the same thing? His local schools wanted him. He wasn't ****in' ignored by his local programs like the kids I'm speaking of in South Florida.

Are you not following the point I'm trying to make?

There are 5000 kids in south florida. Is someone going to ***** when we offer the 3 kids you know and don't offer 3 other s florida kids? Probably if we got the 3 guys you like, Luke or some other guy who thinks he can recruit better than our coaches will be complaining that we didn't take Mayes... maybe our coaches were rubbed the wrong way by something, maybe they are stupid, but its not like our whole class is players from out of state. I mean seriously....

If we signed 24 guys all from BTW, STA, and Miami Central, there would still be some guy on here complaining that we also signed a player from jersey.

LOL at the porsters in here being ok with the amount of local talent we either completely ignored or waited far too long on in the last 2 cycles. They'd defend Golden walking into their house, ****ing their girl and taking a **** on their dinner table.

Luckily, guys like Glory and Pete have suggested that the staff has taken steps to improve in this area.

Yea I'm sure Golden has Pete on the bat phone to help him figure out how to coach and recruit.

LOL at the porsters in here being ok with the amount of local talent we either completely ignored or waited far too long on in the last 2 cycles. They'd defend Golden walking into their house, ****ing their girl and taking a **** on their dinner table.

Yea I'm sure Golden has Pete on the bat phone to help him figure out how to coach and recruit.

READING COMPREHENSION, GET SOME.

Wildcat,

I know you said "basically" dominated Flowers and Durante. But any way you slice it Dowels didn't "dominate" anybody that night. Durante had 160 yards and a 80 yard TD on Dowels. Flowers was excellent as well.

Now, with that said, this by no means should be taken as a referendum on Dowels. I am no talent evaluator. I'll leave that to all the experts around here. But I was there that night and I've seen Durante play twice. Want.

Advertisement
Back