My Sign Was Taken Again

Put a positive sign and if they don't kick you out you got a case.

There are videos from basketball games with signs up. On top of that, they made an announcement at a basketball game earlier in the season stating the size of signs that they allow.

Advertisement
We're counting on you, Herrera.

It's good to know we've got some boots on the ground. Keep fighting. No surrender.

This really is North Koreal Gables. Unbelievable the lengths they'll go to in an attempt to keep up the "everything is fine nobody is mad aren't things great!?"charade.

It's almost criminal to see what the athletic department has become under Shalala's watch. I'm disgusted by what that repulsive gremlin has done.

Last edited:
You need to get 10-20 students to wear t shirts "Fire Golden" under another shirt. They can't kick you all out and if they do the media will pick up on it.

Or, 10 people wearing 1 letter each:

F I R E G O L D E N

Exactly. It's a win win. You get seen on TV and or they kick you out while you're recording it with a camera phone, and leak it. Social media would turn up the heat.

Advertisement
Just curious. Do the other schools allow signs like this? Has anyone ever heard of how other schools react when students put up signs like that? We keep bashing Miami's reaction like it's from North Korea. Maybe it's an American thing now. You have freedom of speech as long as you say what they want you to say. If not, then watch out. It's the American way.
Doesn't matter what other schools do. UM clearly allowed signs at basketball games. We have video with those signs on display. They even announced the size of signs that they permitted at basketball games.

Just because they don't like the message on the sign doesn't mean they can take it away. That's a classic 1st Amendment attack. Media needs to get on this story.

That was my point. Probably all of the schools would do the same thing. But it's not a Miami thing. It's an American. America loves to boast and puff up their chest about freedom and liberty and all that but step away from it all and you realize how fascist, paranoid and restrictive this country has become. Miami is doing nothing different than all the other schools would do. And that's the problem.

Good luck with your signs wherrera8.

Advertisement
You need to get 10-20 students to wear t shirts "Fire Golden" under another shirt. They can't kick you all out and if they do the media will pick up on it.

Or, 10 people wearing 1 letter each:

F I R E G O L D E N

Exactly. It's a win win. You get seen on TV and or they kick you out while you're recording it with a camera phone, and leak it. Social media would turn up the heat.

Then send the video to Deadspin and TMZ.

Just curious. Do the other schools allow signs like this? Has anyone ever heard of how other schools react when students put up signs like that? We keep bashing Miami's reaction like it's from North Korea. Maybe it's an American thing now. You have freedom of speech as long as you say what they want you to say. If not, then watch out. It's the American way.
Doesn't matter what other schools do. UM clearly allowed signs at basketball games. We have video with those signs on display. They even announced the size of signs that they permitted at basketball games.

Just because they don't like the message on the sign doesn't mean they can take it away. That's a classic 1st Amendment attack. Media needs to get on this story.

After it happened I looked around to see if others had signs and I saw one person with theirs which was a poster board. Mine were two small pieces of paper.

Last game when they took ours there was a student a few rows back with a sign. It was an Angel Rodriguez sign. No one took that away.

Advertisement
It's getting scary out there. After they took it they all gathered in a corner and looked at it as if it was something really bad. Then the security lady that took it came and whispered something into the ears of the guards in front of me. Jesse Marks was staring me down and so was another person from athletics. It was real heated.

It's getting scary out there. After they took it they all gathered in a corner and looked at it as if it was something really bad. Then the security lady that took it came and whispered something into the ears of the guards in front of me. Jesse Marks was staring me down and so was another person from athletics. It was real heated.

You need some gorillas of your own.

Those angry looks are bc they cannot do a damned thing

Advertisement

I don't know what that means.

I don't know what that means.

Means you need to take some muscle to the games with you. Maybe someone like Pete or Susan Miller Dumbagain.

Why not do what they do to get signs on Gameday? Tape one posterboard over another. The one on the outside says something basketball-related just to get past the guards, then at gametime, take it off to reveal the Fire Al poster.

Advertisement
Back