MY recent thoughts on our program....

I keep forgetting about and underestimating the "Manny Factor"....

Truth is I don't have clue how well, he'll do...only with the talent he has available...how well he SHOULD do.

My clue is last season and the head coach only has experience coaching last season. I am giving Diaz 1 additional win in 2020.

ONE!

Advertisement
I used to love Kool Aid....but I've learned, over the years, that it's bad for me

It looks like a very easy schedule

My heart says one loss......but my head says three
Manny needs to go with anything more than 2 losses....especially with that schedule....
There is no reason not to Win 10 games...NONE....

12-0 Notre Dame/Michigan State playoff year style.

No one actually thought those teams were that good.

Due to our schedule and available talent it’s not unrealistic to go 12-0.

We likely won’t be 12-0 good. But I’m hard pressed to see a team with D Eriq kind and a top 15 defense not get a least 10 wins.

If we go 12-0 in the regular season (which I seriously doubt will happen), we’ll be at least 10 point underdogs vs Clemson in the conference title game.

If we go 12-0 in the regular season (which I seriously doubt will happen), we’ll be at least 10 point underdogs vs Clemson in the conference title game.

I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if they set it 12.5.

That’s what I mean when I said I don’t think we’d actually be 12-0 good even if we did perform that way.

We’d be that 2013 Michigan State. Or Manti Te’o ND type undefeated. Everyone knows we aren’t THAT good. Just like we knew we weren’t THAT good when we were undefeated in 2017 and #3 in the country.

Miami’s schedule and talent absolutely set it up where that’s a possibility.

Due to recent seasons and coaching history the likelihood I’d put on a 12-0 2020 Miami regular season is closer to 15%.

Advertisement
I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if they set it 12.5.

That’s what I mean when I said I don’t think we’d actually be 12-0 good even if we did perform that way.

We’d be that 2013 Michigan State. Or Manti Te’o ND type undefeated. Everyone knows we aren’t THAT good. Just like we knew we weren’t THAT good when we were undefeated in 2017 and #3 in the country.

Miami’s schedule and talent absolutely set it up where that’s a possibility.

Due to recent seasons and coaching history the likelihood I’d put on a 12-0 2020 Miami regular season is closer to 15%.

15%? I’d put the odds at less than 5%, even with this trash schedule.

I agree that even if we go 12-0, it won’t be a very strong 12-0. It’ll be like 2017, except without the Pitt loss.

15%? I’d put the odds at less than 5%, even with this trash schedule.

I agree that even if we go 12-0, it won’t be a very strong 12-0. It’ll be like 2017, except without the Pitt loss.

I’m just high on King/Lashlee and a top 15-20 Defense. Without King, I would’ve said 7-5.

Knowing what the other teams we face are going to line up against Miami. It’s tough. Our OOC is a literal dumpster fire. And the coastal vs what they have coming back? We beat the “coastal champs” and were still trash. Hard for me to see a bad year in 2020.

I am VERY concerned with ‘21. But we aren’t there yet. Let’s have fun this year.

Every year I try to drown myself in the koolaid. I just hope I don't get it like last year.

icebucket.gif

tenor (59).gif

Advertisement
While i do share you sentiments, I am still cautiously optimistic. I think we finally have that leader we need on offense in King, however, who will be that dude on D? We need another Ed Reed holding that side of the ball accountable. We know Greg will ball out, but is he going to be that vocal leader we need to get in everybody's behind when the D comes out lethargic? And while it may be important to have that leader on O and D, it's just as important to have a leader at every position on the team whether it's Wr's, Db's or O'line, there has to be a pitbull in every group. When this happens, we will officially have a culture change.
I think the boys know they are the better team which will drive their confidence knowing they under achieved last season

I love all the additions we made on offense this offseason. But football is grueling and injuries happen, plus the Covid layoff. I have us at 9-3 regular season record. I know Manny showed little to nothing last year coaching wise regarding his ability to prepare these kids mentally and manage his qb room too, but lets not act like simply having a competent field goal kicker wouldn't have given us 2-3 more wins even with dreadful Enos at the controls. Records and expectations aside I think this team is gonna be a fun one to watch.

Advertisement
I love all the additions we made on offense this offseason. But football is grueling and injuries happen, plus the Covid layoff. I have us at 9-3 regular season record. I know Manny showed little to nothing last year coaching wise regarding his ability to prepare these kids mentally and manage his qb room too, but lets not act like simply having a competent field goal kicker wouldn't have given us 2-3 more wins even with dreadful Enos at the controls. Records and expectations aside I think this team is gonna be a fun one to watch.

I hate the kicker argument because its the same as saying if FSU had Some decent kickers, they would have beaten us 4-5 more times, and saban would probably have 2 more NC’s If he had decent kickers.

My clue is last season and the head coach only has experience coaching last season. I am giving Diaz 1 additional win in 2020.

ONE!

i hear ya...his defense was not the problem when he ran it! He always was doing things to improve his team. I’m going to go out and say we finally have a coach who will win big here! Admin is giving him what he needs and hehas always challenged his coaches to do more bring more to the table to win!!

I think the boys know they are the better team which will drive their confidence knowing they under achieved last season
Football players know that and I believe that’s why the recruits are starting to line up!! The changes he made were even better than last year by a mile!!!

Advertisement
I hate the kicker argument because its the same as saying if FSU had Some decent kickers, they would have beaten us 4-5 more times, and saban would probably have 2 more NC’s If he had decent kickers.
Well, special teams is a big part of the game and it was a relevant point regarding our struggles last year. I don't care to bring up fsu kicking struggles so I kept it specific to us/baxa, but we were a bad team last year no excuses.

Agree with both of you that this is the way it should be. But unfortunately, our AD will have to be let go first for this to happen. Otherwise, 7-6 may buy him one more year.
Agree with both of you that this is the way it should be. But unfortunately, our AD will have to be let go first for this to happen. Otherwise, 7-6 may buy him one more year.

hell no4.gif

I don't think even that moron could ride 7-6 out

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back