MY recent thoughts on our program....

Hurricane23

Sophomore
Premium
This is just my opinion guys....

First off, I just want to say we can land them big as y’all just saw, we got a big time wideout over the likes of Georgia, Bama, Texas A&M all we gotta do is win they wanna come, they just want to go somewhere they’re going to win. All Miami has to do is beat the teams they are supposed to beat.

Our Dline is going to be elite, so we have to build around that, IMO we have a starting safety duo that’s just as good as anyone in the nation, our corners idk besides Blades someone else has to step up, we have talent at corner though so if they play well our defense will be amongst the best already to go along with an elite dline.
Our linebackers are new but I think they are more athletic than before and not knocking the other guys not saying they’ll be better because of their athleticism but it’s what we have.

IMO our QB is the real deal, our oline will be at least average imo which is way better than what we’ve had, we have potential play makers on offense too, King will have more weapons at his disposal than ever before, Brevin Jordan gone be lethal, we have talent at RB too.

IMO we have all the pieces to run the table in the regular season, ima say 1 loss for me, now I know about everything in the past, I’m not new here so I know about everything, I’m not saying drink the coolade, I’m not saying I’m drinking it, I’m saying we have everything we need right now to run it and maybe put up a good fight with Clemson, we’ll see I’m excited about our team this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny needs to give Lashlee the keys to the offense, 100% control (I think he will). Baker wasn’t *awful* last year, but made some questionable calls at critical times in games. Can/will he make adjustments from last year? I think he will. Talent is there. And of course, no injuries!!

Advertisement
You right,, I’m thinking undefeated regular season until i see otherwise
Road games won’t be as tough this year (for any team). Stadiums will barely be full. I have us to losing to Michigan State and Virginia Tech but if their stadiums are 25% full, that basically takes away their home field advantage. And vice versa. When North Carolina and FSU come to the Rock, how many fans will be in the stands? This is something no one has been talking about

Last edited:
Every year I try to drown myself in the koolaid. I just hope I don't get it like last year.

icebucket.gif

Advertisement
This is just my opinion guys....
While i do share you sentiments, I am still cautiously optimistic. I think we finally have that leader we need on offense in King, however, who will be that dude on D? We need another Ed Reed holding that side of the ball accountable. We know Greg will ball out, but is he going to be that vocal leader we need to get in everybody's behind when the D comes out lethargic? And while it may be important to have that leader on O and D, it's just as important to have a leader at every position on the team whether it's Wr's, Db's or O'line, there has to be a pitbull in every group. When this happens, we will officially have a culture change.

Advertisement
Road games won’t be as tough this year (for any team). Stadiums will barely be full. I have us to losing to Michigan State and Virginia Tech but if their stadiums are 25% full, that basically takes away their home field advantage. And vice versa. When North Carolina and FSU come to the Rock, how many fans will be in the stands? This is something no one has been talking about
You're usually upbeat. Why the two losses to those particular teams?

You're usually upbeat. Why the two losses to those particular teams?
Our players seem to get up for the big games. I think we play our best ball against North Carolina, FSU, etc. Michigan State however, is not a conference opponent so our coaches won’t be too familiar with them. Bit of an unknown there. Most people say, “they won 7 games last year, they suck”. Well, we won 6 games and last year is last year. It’s over and done with. Yes, their offense in particular was awful last year but their defense was very good and will good again in 2020. I’m also a believer in Mel tucker. We will have a few extra days to prepare for them though, so that’s an advantage. Virginia Tech because it’s a very tough environment. One of the hardest places to win and they will be a solid team. Question is, how full will the stadium be? That matters. Wake forest on a Friday night is another one I have my eye on but I have us winning that game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back