MY recent thoughts on our program....

While i do share you sentiments, I am still cautiously optimistic. I think we finally have that leader we need on offense in King, however, who will be that dude on D? We need another Ed Reed holding that side of the ball accountable. We know Greg will ball out, but is he going to be that vocal leader we need to get in everybody's behind when the D comes out lethargic? And while it may be important to have that leader on O and D, it's just as important to have a leader at every position on the team whether it's Wr's, Db's or O'line, there has to be a pitbull in every group. When this happens, we will officially have a culture change.
McCloud, Ford, Blades, Carter, Rousseau (and Roche), Harris, Harley, Gaynor, and... KING. Leadership at QB is most important, something we haven’t had in a few years .

Advertisement
McCloud, Ford, Blades, Carter, Rousseau (and Roche), Harris, Harley, Gaynor, and... KING. Leadership at QB is most important, something we haven’t had in a few years .
You are a leader as you lead by example. You gotta make plays. That's why i only listed Greg. The rest of them, the verdict is still out.

Michigan State has a QB that went 7-21 last year with 0 TD’s and 2 INT.

lost their top 3 WR’s and also 6 starters on D.

Last year our QB situation was terrible compared to having D’Eriq King. You can’t underestimate how his ability to run will help us. Even the RB’s will have more space as the backside defender has to respect King and won’t crash as hard.

5th year senior Jarrid Williams vs True Frosh 2* Zion Nelson. Also I think we can move Scaife to G over another True Frosh Jakai Clarke.

How many times did our offence turn over the ball inside our own end or go 3 and out last year?

I am not going to give the game to Mich St. Lashlee and King should give us at least 2 more TD’s per game.

Last year our QB situation was terrible compared to having D’Eriq King. You can’t underestimate how his ability to run will help us. Even the RB’s will have more space as the backside defender has to respect King and won’t crash as hard.

5th year senior Jarrid Williams vs True Frosh 2* Zion Nelson. Also I think we can move Scaife to G over another True Frosh Jakai Clarke.

How many times did our offence turn over the ball inside our own end or go 3 and out last year?

I am not going to give the game to Mich St. Lashlee and King should give us at least 2 more TD’s per game.
And I know you want to score touchdowns, but we gave away more than one game because they had to go for it on 4th down in makeable field goal range.

Advertisement

All facts. Great stuff man. You may have swayed me.. We will be installing a new offense, they have a new coaching staff. A lot of unknowns.

And doesn't coach the offense, which was the root of our failures last year. Let Lashlee and King work.

When you lose to FIU, Louisiana Tech, Duke and came within a whisker of losing to Western Michigan, the root of our failures weren’t just the offense. That means the root of our failures were the head coach.

Advertisement
It was Central Michigan. But if you look at those games - D gave up 248, 287, 297 and 337yds, while the O turned it over 8 times. And a lot of those were in our own end.

I can’t state how much more suited we are as a team for Lashlee’s scheme. On top of that we now have all-conference caliber senior QB and LT.

When you lose to FIU, Louisiana Tech, Duke and came within a whisker of losing to Western Michigan, the root of our failures weren’t just the offense. That means the root of our failures were the head coach.
If you have a historically bad offensive line with a freshman starter who is just a few months removed from only weighing 235lbs, it really doesn't matter how good the rest of the squad is. If every offensive snap is like Frank Costa vs Nebraska in 1994, Q4 revisited, it doesn't matter if you have Prime Michael Irvin, Andre Johnson, Jeremy Shockey, Edgerrin James, and Ken Dorsey. Nothing will work.

Some of the blame can be placed on Manny, but he inherited a woeful situation with the offensive line. The 1997 team likely had a far better unit than the 2019 Canes.

And doesn't coach the offense, which was the root of our failures last year. Let Lashlee and King work.

just wait til he doesn’t like his defense out on the field for 35 minutes a game and tells Lashlee to slow it down.
and last I knew, the hc was responsible for offense, defense and special teams, not just his “specialty”.

Last edited:
12-0 Notre Dame/Michigan State playoff year style.

No one actually thought those teams were that good.

Due to our schedule and available talent it’s not unrealistic to go 12-0.

We likely won’t be 12-0 good. But I’m hard pressed to see a team with D Eriq kind and a top 15 defense not get a least 10 wins.

Advertisement
It was Central Michigan. But if you look at those games - D gave up 248, 287, 297 and 337yds, while the O turned it over 8 times. And a lot of those were in our own end.

I can’t state how much more suited we are as a team for Lashlee’s scheme. On top of that we now have all-conference caliber senior QB and LT.

Averaged giving up 4.20 YPP in those 4 games.

For the season, exactly 1 college football team gave up less than 4.20 YPP. Ohio State, at 4.13.

But don't worry, the mouth breathers here won't listen to facts anyway.

Offense was the primary problem, but not the only problem. Last years team was overall poorly coached, unmotivated, and just did not show up several times throughout the season. If manny doesnt show major improvement we need to move on after this year.

Offense was the primary problem, but not the only problem. Last years team was overall poorly coached, unmotivated, and just did not show up several times throughout the season. If manny doesnt show major improvement we need to move on after this year.

Agreed. But it was poorly coached primarily on offense, which goes right back to what I was saying.

Either way, your last statement is correct. If he can't win with this team vs this schedule, he's not ready and he needs to go. This is a *MUCH* better football team than it was last year. It should have a much better record. If not, something internally is seriously broken, and Manny needs to go.

My money is on the fact that really good football players make coaches look a lot better. D'Eriq King is a really good football player.

Advertisement

This is the exact recipe for a hurricanes loss.

Advertisement
Back