My Prediction: The Next Couple of Weeks

I think we are going to lose, and lose big against UNC. 44-17. And massive elephant turds will hit the fan.

Advertisement
Only way to save the recruiting class is to fire Manny and find a big name replacement.

UM could, in theory, fire Diaz and hire Tom Herman who could replace Diaz immediately and finish out coaching the season (I doubt Herman is obligated to finish the year as an analyst for the Bears if he is offered a P5 HC gig). Would probably make the best of a bad situation. We would avoid needing an interim HC and he'd be able to salvage the recruiting class (there is almost always a massive drop in recruiting when a HC if fired). He would also have a chance to evaluate the staff. He could probably make a lot of upgrades if that 10 million that is supposed to go to Mario's buyout is instead allocated to hiring an elite staff.

After seeing and reading about the ****show going on, who really thinks Manny will have em ready to beat anyone, sans Forfiet State?
Okay, so here it is:

midnight-staley-pain.gif

Miami is currently 2-3 and has yet to play NC State and UNC; I expect both of those games to be losses. So we are looking at:
  • Alabama = Loss
  • App State = Win
  • Michigan State = Loss
  • Central Sisters of the Connecticut Middle School Chapel = Win
  • Virginia = Loss. <----- This right here got him fired.
  • UNC = Loss
  • NC State = Loss
  • Pitt = Win
  • Georgia Tech = Win
  • FSU = Win
  • Virginia Tech = Loss
  • Duke = Win
Final Record: 6-6.

From a coaching POV, I expect Manny to be kept around until the end of the season. They are not going to dismiss him during the season as it would not fix much. Lashlee has been an absolute mess and shaky since last year. Once the regular season ends, Manny will be fired and someone will coach a potential bid to play in the Vagisil Bowl. From an AD POV, I also expect Blake to be dismissed but a little bit after Manny. Yesterday's message from Julia Frenk made it very clear that he has zero confidence in the AD, and obviously the BOT feels the same way. You dont issue that type of communication without first consulting with the Chair or entire board. **** had to go down after ESPN went after UM. Thank you, ESPN.

Frenk must be sitting on a mountain of hot coals right now, because his contract has not been renewed and the BOT Chair does not like him at all. Add to the mix a complete failure to lead athletics, a black eye from ESPN, a drop in fund raising, a drop in rankings, and pure venom being spewed by the fan base, and this guy is toast in due time.

I predict that UM will hire a new AD in the next 12 months, a new HC in the next 3 months, and that the entire staff will be dismissed. No one will be kept. Not one person. I also think that they will likely allocated $20-25M to hire a HC and a competent staff. That is the going rate for success.

Anyways, Go Canes and I'm going to go back to the fetal position.

giphy.gif
DannyBoy I know this is you

Advertisement
My prediction. Manny will point out that recruiting was allowing him to rebuild the team until he lost King and was "forced" to start a freshman. the freshmen are playing well. Blake will point out that recruiting is still trending up so he will demand that Manny hire a real DC and give him 100% control over the defense staff and system. Manny and Blake keep their jobs simply because Frenk is a lame duck and the BOT will allow the next administration to start over clean making their own decisons. I know this is not what I want to happen, but it recognizes that firing Blake and Manny now costs more than doing it later. It allows the new President to hire his own AD and that AD to hire a head coach in all three major sports. In otherwords, because of our lazy, social justice driven BOT we get to suck for a while longer...........................I want to vomit.
Optics come into play here. Your prediction sounds good on paper but will they take the risk that season tickets decrease by 50%, 10-15 players leave for the transfer portal, recruiting class falls apart, etc.

I for one will not renew my tickets for the first time since 1982 if they keep Manny. Cant do it anymore. Ill got the StubHub to buy the FSU ticket and thats it... Im not alone either. Half the people in my section at the stadium that were die hards like me and were they every year since HR opened, did not re-up this year. And you cant blame COVID for everything either... I expect alot more to follow if changes arent made. I dont think they can afford to not make a change.

Advertisement
Miami is currently 2-3 and has yet to play NC State and UNC; I expect both of those games to be losses. So we are looking at:
  • Alabama = Loss
  • App State = Win
  • Michigan State = Loss
  • UNC = Loss
  • NC State = Loss
  • Pitt = Win
  • Georgia Tech = Win
  • FSU = Win
  • Virginia Tech = Loss
  • Duke = Win

From a coaching POV, I expect Manny to be kept around until the end of the season. They are not going to dismiss him during the season as it would not fix much. Lashlee has been an absolute mess and shaky since last year. Once the regular season ends, Manny will be fired and someone will coach a potential bid to play in the Vagisil Bowl. From an AD POV, I also expect Blake to be dismissed but a little bit after Manny. Yesterday's message from Julia Frenk made it very clear that he has zero confidence in the AD, and obviously the BOT feels the same way. You dont issue that type of communication without first consulting with the Chair or entire board. **** had to go down after ESPN went after UM. Thank you, ESPN.

Frenk must be sitting on a mountain of hot coals right now, because his contract has not been renewed and the BOT Chair does not like him at all. Add to the mix a complete failure to lead athletics, a black eye from ESPN, a drop in fund raising, a drop in rankings, and pure venom being spewed by the fan base, and this guy is toast in due time.

I predict that UM will hire a new AD in the next 12 months, a new HC in the next 3 months, and that the entire staff will be dismissed. No one will be kept. Not one person. I also think that they will likely allocated $20-25M to hire a HC and a competent staff. That is the going rate for success.

giphy.gif
Pitt will be a loss. At best, 5-7.

Hard to imagine with many likely losses upcoming that pressure won't force Manny out mid-season. Unfortunately, the interim HC is likely to be one of the current staph, none of which has been able to keep Manny from sinking the ship thus far. Icebergs ahead, and very little that can remedy that in 2021.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This team will be so demoralized by the time we play the semiholes that they'll push our **** all the way in. Get ready.
You think FSU is going to be brimming with confidence? UNC is going to drop 50 on the Noles before they get to us. Like I said before, this will be the first time maybe in the history of rivalries where a good chunk of fans on both sides will be cheering for the other team.

You think FSU is going to be brimming with confidence? UNC is going to drop 50 on the Noles before they get to us. Like I said before, this will be the first time maybe in the history of rivalries where a good chunk of fans on both sides will be cheering for the other team.
Can't argue that. Lots of peeps looking for complete failure at this point.

• Alabama = Loss
  • App State = Win
  • Michigan State = Loss
  • UNC = Loss
  • NC State = Loss
  • Pitt = Win
  • Georgia Tech = Win
  • FSU = Win
  • Virginia Tech = Loss
  • Duke = Win

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back