My Prediction: The Next Couple of Weeks

We win out
Ill tell you what..if this happens AND Manny wins the bowl game............................................................I just might start looking over at the "Dont fire Manny" side of the aisle real hard. Not saying I cross over but I will be looking hard...lol.

Advertisement
Based on what I've seen this season and the state of the program, I'm gong with what I've said seasons end up like after a loss to an SEC in an opener: (6&7 loss seasons).

I'm doubling down on my prediction we hit that next number in the sequence because football numerology is sometimes that way: 8 Losses

Pitt has the #1 ranked OFFENSE in NCAA averaging 558 yards per game and Pickett is averaging 72% completion. I expect BOTH of those numbers to be dwarfed by their offense when UM plays @ Pittt. I fully expect that game to be the equivalent of Al Golden's Clemson game on Oct. 24, 2015 .. almost 6 years to the week. Realistically the way Manny "prepares" players for games UM might not win a single Coastal game.

Advertisement
Ill tell you what..if this happens AND Manny wins the bowl game............................................................I just might start looking over at the "Dont fire Manny" side of the aisle real hard. Not saying I cross over but I will be looking hard...lol.
don't get your hopes up..... this season is a wash. Play the young guys! and let the new staff see what they have. I fully expect a full turnaround next year if the right staff is put in place. This team should be 9 wins at worst in this conference with a competent coach. We will finish 5-7 this year. Manny is done. Given what I've heard, he's been disliked by more than a few players since Richt was here. They know he is a clown and has a history of playing favorites.

If Manny gets to see out the rest of the season it's a 2-10 finish. Poor Mindy, his team has finally shown an ounce of fight to them during the bye week, know that their next game is do or die time.... and it's against UNC. The school whose coaching staff find that the hardest part about facing Miami is not laughing their asses off all game long on the sidelines.

We'll lose 48-17 next week and from there the team mails it in. Losses to GT, FSU and everyone else are inevitable.

Advertisement
Diaz hs been spared from the heat despite being worse because FSU has been garbage. He has been worse than Golden except Golden faced FSU best team ever and played them close but couldn't beat them

Miami is currently 2-3 and has yet to play NC State and UNC; I expect both of those games to be losses. So we are looking at:
  • Alabama = Loss
  • App State = Win
  • Michigan State = Loss
  • Central Sisters of the Connecticut Middle School Chapel = Win
  • Virginia = Loss. <----- This right here got him fired.
  • UNC = Loss
  • NC State = Loss
  • Pitt = Win
  • Georgia Tech = Win
  • FSU = Win
  • Virginia Tech = Loss
  • Duke = Win
Final Record: 6-6.

From a coaching POV, I expect Manny to be kept around until the end of the season. They are not going to dismiss him during the season as it would not fix much. Lashlee has been an absolute mess and shaky since last year. Once the regular season ends, Manny will be fired and someone will coach a potential bid to play in the Vagisil Bowl. From an AD POV, I also expect Blake to be dismissed but a little bit after Manny. Yesterday's message from Julia Frenk made it very clear that he has zero confidence in the AD, and obviously the BOT feels the same way. You dont issue that type of communication without first consulting with the Chair or entire board. **** had to go down after ESPN went after UM. Thank you, ESPN.

Frenk must be sitting on a mountain of hot coals right now, because his contract has not been renewed and the BOT Chair does not like him at all. Add to the mix a complete failure to lead athletics, a black eye from ESPN, a drop in fund raising, a drop in rankings, and pure venom being spewed by the fan base, and this guy is toast in due time.

I predict that UM will hire a new AD in the next 12 months, a new HC in the next 3 months, and that the entire staff will be dismissed. No one will be kept. Not one person. I also think that they will likely allocated $20-25M to hire a HC and a competent staff. That is the going rate for success.

Anyways, Go Canes and I'm going to go back to the fetal position.

giphy.gif
How do you feel if we beat NC or NC State and VT and then win the coastal at 8-4 and Manny Stays.
Less painful in the near term but the long term issue remains.
I see this just as likely as 6-6 and fired.

My prediction. Manny will point out that recruiting was allowing him to rebuild the team until he lost King and was "forced" to start a freshman. the freshmen are playing well. Blake will point out that recruiting is still trending up so he will demand that Manny hire a real DC and give him 100% control over the defense staff and system. Manny and Blake keep their jobs simply because Frenk is a lame duck and the BOT will allow the next administration to start over clean making their own decisons. I know this is not what I want to happen, but it recognizes that firing Blake and Manny now costs more than doing it later. It allows the new President to hire his own AD and that AD to hire a head coach in all three major sports. In otherwords, because of our lazy, social justice driven BOT we get to suck for a while longer...........................I want to vomit.

Advertisement
Miami is currently 2-3 and has yet to play NC State and UNC; I expect both of those games to be losses. So we are looking at:
  • Alabama = Loss
  • App State = Win
  • Michigan State = Loss
  • Virginia = Loss. <----- This right here got him fired.
  • UNC = Loss
  • NC State = Loss
  • Pitt = Win
  • Georgia Tech = Win
  • FSU = Win
  • Virginia Tech = Loss
  • Duke = Win
Final Record: 6-6.

From a coaching POV, I expect Manny to be kept around until the end of the season. They are not going to dismiss him during the season as it would not fix much. Lashlee has been an absolute mess and shaky since last year. Once the regular season ends, Manny will be fired and someone will coach a potential bid to play in the Vagisil Bowl. From an AD POV, I also expect Blake to be dismissed but a little bit after Manny. Yesterday's message from Julia Frenk made it very clear that he has zero confidence in the AD, and obviously the BOT feels the same way. You dont issue that type of communication without first consulting with the Chair or entire board. **** had to go down after ESPN went after UM. Thank you, ESPN.

Frenk must be sitting on a mountain of hot coals right now, because his contract has not been renewed and the BOT Chair does not like him at all. Add to the mix a complete failure to lead athletics, a black eye from ESPN, a drop in fund raising, a drop in rankings, and pure venom being spewed by the fan base, and this guy is toast in due time.

I predict that UM will hire a new AD in the next 12 months, a new HC in the next 3 months, and that the entire staff will be dismissed. No one will be kept. Not one person. I also think that they will likely allocated $20-25M to hire a HC and a competent staff. That is the going rate for success.

Anyways, Go Canes and I'm going to go back to the fetal position.

giphy.gif

Lol 0% chance we beat Pitt or GT

4-8
  • Alabama = Loss
  • App State = Win
  • Michigan State = Loss
  • Virginia = Loss
  • UNC = Loss
  • NC State = Loss
  • Pitt = Loss
  • Georgia Tech = Win
  • FSU = Win
  • Virginia Tech = Loss
  • Duke = Loss
I agree with the exception of GT and Duke. I think those two switch results. GT wins and we beat Duke.

Advertisement
We ain't beating Pitt. They look the most competent in Coastal at the moment. GaTech almost beat Clemson which is more than I think we'd be able to do... even this season. Also FSU is a toss up at this point. THey might actually try for a half since it is us they are playing and just a half might be enough...
I predict 4-8 if we go at the current rate we are going. Beat duke and one of the others when the stars align and they hand us the game by making more mistakes than us (lol).

Advertisement
Back