My Post Game Recap

Advertisement
El, it actually wasnt the largest margin of victory by UM over FSU.

Miami beat Florida State 47-0 in 1976 in a game I remember fondly where Otis Anderson ran roughshod over the Noles in Bobby Bowden's first ever game at FSU.

It wasnt the largest margin of victory but it was the most points scored by either team in the history of the rivalry.

As long as we don't get beat by more than 17-20 it'll be a positive for us.

Just keep it within range & don't get embarrassed & we're a completely different program perception wise.

Wish it was a neutral site game, hate having to play them in Death Valley.
I think we beat them in a nail biter. DL will be key. They replaced some OL and I had to replace like 6 or 7 starters.

I think Zion got his spot back. Kid played well tonight. Say it live so will have to watch but man he was good. Everyone will hate me but DJ Sciafe has been out most disappointing OL at the moment.
Yup his guard spot should be open competition going forward

Excellent post, we look great. As a team we are playing excellent football, unselfish and disciplined, still too many penalties though. The only thing that still needs to be addressed is Pope as a returner, he's a liability back there. Harrison Hunte is a surprise on the DL and Bolden is a star, he's all over the field and Silvera had his best game. What can you say on offense, wow, we are a machine, we will score points on Clemson. What a difference a great OC makes and when you have a QB who understands what you want and executes you score at will. This is the best offense we've had in years and maybe our best ever!

Advertisement
He did well, but he wasn't really challenged, I still don't trust him against speed rushers, but we'll see how he looks going forward.

I haven't searched every thread but what happened to Campbell? Is he hurt or something? Thought he was playing well the first 2 games.

View attachment 131878

Offense:

D'Eriq King - 29/40 267yds 2TD's at 72.5%cmp & 8att 65yds
Cam'ron Harris - 12att 43yds 2TD's & 4rec 20yds
Brevin Jordan - 5rec 41yds & 1TD
Mike Harley - 7rec 53yds
Mark Pope - 5rec 60yds
Dee Wiggins - 3rec 54yds 1TD
Don Chaney Jr - 7att 35yds & 1rec 15yds
Jaylan Knighton - 5att 28yds & 3rec 35yds
Robert Burns - 4att 28yds
Michael Redding III - 2rec 13yds 1TD
Will Mallory - 1rec 10yds

Gained 517yds of total offense (317yds passing & 200yds rushing), ran a total of 85 plays, had 33 first downs, 11-18 on 3rd down & 3-4 on 4th down at 6.1 ypp with 31:55 time of possession.

First drive was surgical; King was patient in the pocket & routinely found the open man, did a great job with his eyes on the TD looked off the Safety to open up the middle of the field & hit Brevin in stride for a TD. Terrific play calling by Lashlee.

King is the best QB we've had since Torretta, yeah I said it!

2 4th down conversions in the 1st quarter & both lead to TD's on the following play.

Great job exploiting FSU's slow secondary, that Post route to the inside across the field to Wiggins was a perfectly executed play call, Mallory did a good job blocking his man allowing King enough time to lay it out for Wiggins to get under it in stride. Great X's & O's & well designed play call by Lashlee. Brownlee got beat bad on that play, he looked like he was jogging the entire route, reminded of the same Post route Wiggins beat Stanford Samuels Jr on last year lol.

Killa Cam had some tough runs gaining first downs & extending drives, did a good job catching the ball out of the backfield as well. Our best RB IMO.

Congrats to Don Chaney Jr on his first 2TD's as a Hurricane, he had a really nice tough run late in the 3rd quarter & had a very good 4th down conversion.

Knighton has such quick feet he hits the hole & goes, no wasted steps. But he's gotta protect the football, we had a 1st down on that 4th & 2 in the 3rd quarter, all he had to do was fall forward.

Brevin is monster, 1st round TE. Everybody's gonna slobber over Kyle Armpitts but UF TE's don't have a great track record in the NFL, I mean Jordan Reed has lost chromosomes with all the concussions he's had & then there's that whole *** Murderer thing, but never mind that...

Mike Harley played a much better game, his bread & butter is short routes, quick Outs, Screens, Hitches & Curls, get him the ball early in short area situations, he cannot make deep route catches & doesn't have the focus to make 2nd level catches consistently, another 3 drop game.

OL has done a really good job in the first 3 games, they've improved in every area from run block & are astronomically better in pass blocking. John Campbell, Jarrid Williams, Corey Gaynor have been great, Scaife is still struggling with procedural penalties, he's had one in every game, but looks solid in pass blocking.

Really love the drive in the 2nd quarter where we essentially just pounded the rock down their throat with King, Cam & Knighton, that kind of play calling is designed to break the will of the Defense, it's all about just letting them know that no matter how hard they try, they simply can't stop us.

FSU's Defense was playing dirty with multiple facemask penalties, that was also a dirty play by Renardo Green on that facemask in the end zone. You could tell that they were all frustration penalties where they simply ****ed at how we were embarrassing them.

Keyshawn Smith would've had a TD on that Deep ball in the 4th quarter if Perry put more velocity on the ball, he had too much air under it & hung it out for too long, but Keyshawn had his man beat by a full step. Get him & Redding more reps please.

We were also 5/6 on Red Zone efficiency, that's one of the huge differences from this year to last year, under Enox we were 121st in Red zone scoring, this season we're going full throttle & scoring like a Big XII team in the Red Zone, thank God for Lashlee!

Defense:

Bubba Bolden - 4tcks 2TFL's, 1INT, 1 sack & 1PBU
Amari Carter - 6tcks
Jaelan Phillips - 3tcks 1TFL & 1INT
Jared Harrison-Hunte - 1TFL & 1 sack
Quincy Roche - 3tcks 2TFL's & 1 sack
Nesta Silvera - 3tcks 2TFL's & 1 sack
Gilbert Frierson - 3tcks 2TFL's & 1PBU
Zach McCloud - 4tcks 1TFL & 1 sack
DJ Ivey - 4tcks
Al Blades Jr - 1tcks & 1INT
Bradley Jennings Jr - 1tck & 1TFL
Te'Cory Couch - 2tcks
Brian Balom - 3tcks
Jalen Harrell - 1tck
Tirek Austin-Cave - 1tck & 1TFl

Had a suffocating first half with 9TFL's 5 sacks 1 INT & 1 FF in the 1st half. Finished with 14TFL's, 6 sacks & 3INT's total for the game & held FSU to just 179yds passing.

We did a good job adjusting after the first drive, we figured out how to indicate to our guys to read the keys on the jet sweep. Didn't like the style Defense we played to start the beginning of the 2nd half, needed to be more aggressive & get off the field, Defense got too comfortable in the 3rd quarter & let FSU get too many secondary level plays running the ball & off screens. But otherwise, had a strong performance & dominated the entire game & got the job done.

Bubba Bolden was flying all over the field, played another terrific game, has elevated himself to easily our best Safety, this kid is such a dynamic playmaker, he's a pure attack dog on the backend, constantly around the ball, high football IQ & is always a threat for opposing offenses.

Sucks that Phillips got kicked out of the game, the first unsportsmanlike was a bogus call, it seems the refs have a quota to just fck with our Defense as much as possible, if it's not Amari Carter, it's Phillips or someone else.

Very good coverage by Frierson on 3rd down & 3 in the 2nd quarter. He did a great job taking inside leverage & not allowing the WR to square his shoulders around to box him out. Also made a very good open field TFL on 3rd down, should've been a forced 4th down but Ivey & Terry got called for offsetting penalties. Had another good TFL on the TE screen on 2nd & goal with 6min left in the 3rd quarter. He really stepped up his play these last 2 weeks & is developing into a dynamic Hybrid that can both cover WR's down the field & come up in run support & impact the game.

Great awareness by Jade Silvera sniffing out the double reverse & immediately baring down on Travis. Did a great job in pursuit on the sack on Blackman. Quincy Roche got blatantly held again & they didn't call it. Jade, JHH, Roche & Phillips are our best DLineman, they impact the game at such a crazy rate. High pressures & are disruptive in the passing game.

Our CB's don't know how to fight off blocks at all lol.

Al Jr with the nice catch off the deflected ball by Bolden. His coverage also contributed to the INT Bolden got he essentially rerouted & slowed his man down enough for Bolden to read the QB's eyes & get over in time to get the pick.

LB's played well for the most part, McCloud was great on the Blitz, Jennings had a real nice TFL stuff in the 3rd quarter. Obviously it was just 3rd team Defense but really liked how TAC looked, would love to see him get some 2nd team reps at least.

Jalen Harrell can play as a TF, physically he's one of the bigger Safeties we have, really hope some of these guys get a shot down the line.

Special Teams, Borregales was a God-send, great pickup this offseason. Pope is not a dynamic return man, I'd like to see Restrepo or Keyshawn Smith at PR.

Overall, AMAZING TEAM WIN! I told yall scary *** we were gonna bury them at Hard Rock this year, Blackman is a horrendous QB & they have no weapons on offense aside from Jordan Travis. Mike Norvell literally went to a Trailerhasse hospice to find a bed ridden elderly person with Covid to cough directly in his face in order to avoid having to coach this game, he licked every doorknob & wiped his face with people's sneeze rags out of the garbage, he did NOT want to be on the sidelines for this desecration!

LMAO @ any South FL recruit that ever signs with FSU over Miami, there's something seriously wrong with them & their family if they willingly go play for Trailerhasse. We beat the Noles down by 42 ****** points! This was an asswhoopin of epic proportions! The largest margin of victory vs FSU in the rivalry history!

We are new team with Lashlee & King, we run a high powered offense that is unrelenting & will absolutely buzzsaw Defenses if they're not prepared for the pace & multi formations we use to create mismatches in the secondary. THIS IS WTF WE BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR YEARS ABOUT WHY WE NEEDED TO GO SPREAD! Death to the Pro Style Bro!

Miami is among the top 3 best teams in the ACC, don't care who don't agree, aside from Clemson there's not a team in this conference that should strike fear in our hearts. We keep getting better every week & if our Defense can continue to cause havoc & create pressure, we're going to be a making a serious run this year, one game at time as the Coriolis Force of this Hurricane continues to build...

It's All About The U 🙌🏾!!!

Awesome write up. Completely agree that the young WRs need more burn. Im over Harley and Pope. Where in the **** is Payton? I was counting on him becoming a star this year.

Bubba Bolden was flying all over the field, played another terrific game, has elevated himself to easily our best Safety, this kid is such a dynamic playmaker, he's a pure attack dog on the backend, constantly around the ball, high football IQ & is always a threat for opposing offenses.

It's All About The U 🙌🏾!!!

That Bolden sack might be the most underrated play of the game, not just for the play itself, but Bolden’s reaction at the end. In interviews leading up to the game, he would mention how he knew about the rivalry, but didn’t seem to fired up about it and wanted to just take care of business. That clip tells me by that point, he knew what the **** this rivalry was all about and showed with with the intensity you expect

Advertisement
I haven't searched every thread but what happened to Campbell? Is he hurt or something? Thought he was playing well the first 2 games.
Manny said that he got nicked up last week and wanted to let Campbell to take it easy and recover. He'll be fine and he deserved to start but wanted to play safe with him last night.

Good **** @Liberty City El. I will say this though. I think playing at Death Valley this year will not be a problem. 19k spreaded out is nowhere near as intimidating. I was at Jordan Hare Stadium yesterday and the vibe is just completely different. If they put it on us good, it'll just be because they were the better team. Covid has pretty much eliminated any homefield advantage. Just my opinion, but this is actually the perfect time to have to play them at Memorial Stadium. The crowd won't be much of a factor at all.

Advertisement
Op always be on point somebody get this man a job on staff..we gotta remember dugans is their Wrs coach and the only thing he do know how to teach is his wrs how to block and be extra linemen on the field 😂

let me get the negative out the way... F U CHINA!!!! You Fockers deprived me of attending the game last night due to your POS Virus you ****'s!!! Hope all of you wrot!

Okay, I feel better now.

Go Canes! What a magisterial performance from King, Lashlee and Co! King dissected the noles like a surgeon at the op table. Lashlee was dialed in all night as he seemingly called the right play every time. Executing on 87 plays, 33 first downs and 517 yds of offense ~ 317 passing yds and 200 rushing.

Props to the D. Nesta, Phillips, Bolden, K. Smith, Blades, Carter, Frierson and McCloud! The D held them to 330 total yards of which 179 yds passing and 151 yds rushing.

Clempson get ready. A Cat 5 Hurricane is coming!

Advertisement
Gonna ride this thread for some of my personal favorite moments:

1) Ryan Ragone with the sack to end the game.

2) DJ Ivey going toe to toe with T. Terry, getting in his head and taking his a$$ to the sideline.

3) Dontae Lucas meltdown. Like the dude who hangs out at the bar 30 minutes after close time being told to go home

4) King not smiling after the game or getting hype. The guy has his eyes on a bigger prize....reason we’ll be in it 2 weeks from now.

5) Lashlee and N’Kosi throwing for the final TD. Alpha move

6) Tyler Van Dyke, first play as a Cane? Hope he’s absorbing everything from King from off field preparation to on field demeanor

Advertisement
Back