My Post Game Recap

Advertisement
A more talented and athletic version of rj mcintosh. This could get scary

I was not as high on this kid coming out (just thought he'd be a nice role player, maybe a starter in junior/senior year), but in the first few games this season, he has some splash plays where he gets skinny and just bursts through the technique into the backfield that were pretty impressive.

That play...and there was a run stop he had earlier in the game that looked very similar where he legit disappears from sight and emerges behind the OL like it was a glitch in a video game.

Advertisement
As long as we don't get beat by more than 17-20 it'll be a positive for us.

Just keep it within range & don't get embarrassed & we're a completely different program perception wise.

Wish it was a neutral site game, hate having to play them in Death Valley.
**** naw, we need to take this show on the road, that way guys will focus more. I'm curious what we'll do if we win the coin toss, I'm old skool, so I'd prefer to defer to the 2nd half myself, curious, what would you do, cause we can beat clemson, it's scheme and adjustments that's all that has to take place. If the coaches coach to win, we'll be in position to win. The last time we played them, coach diaz coached scared, coach richt coached to win, by the time we got to them, teams had done figured rosier out, he still should've hit jt4 for that bomb to tie it up.

All we gotta do is just rush with the front four and force trevor to have to go to his 3rd and 4th reads, and keep him on the run. And just keep a spy on etienne on passing downs for the flare outs. That offense is not that hard to stop, just need to make sure we dictate to them on defense. Curious, what decision would you make if we won the coin toss, I already got an idea which way you'd go for this game.

**** naw, we need to take this show on the road, that way guys will focus more. I'm curious what we'll do if we win the coin toss, I'm old skool, so I'd prefer to defer to the 2nd half myself, curious, what would you do, cause we can beat clemson, it's scheme and adjustments that's all that has to take place. If the coaches coach to win, we'll be in position to win. The last time we played them, coach diaz coached scared, coach richt coached to win, by the time we got to them, teams had done figured rosier out, he still should've hit jt4 for that bomb to tie it up.

All we gotta do is just rush with the front four and force trevor to have to go to his 3rd and 4th reads, and keep him on the run. And just keep a spy on etienne on passing downs for the flare outs. That offense is not that hard to stop, just need to make sure we dictate to them on defense. Curious, what decision would you make if we won the coin toss, I already got an idea which way you'd go for this game.

Calvin, this time I have to beg to disagree. With our offense rolling now. Miami needs to put Clemson on hits heels with a TD ( Or even an FG. ) and make Clemson play from behind. This early score would also HYPE up the defense.

LCE, I love to wake up and read your post game analysis, my brother. I was hungover like &hit so I'm late digesting your info. Excellent write as always.

Great all-around game. It's great when you don't even need to rely on your kicking game - punting or FGs. Going into the game, I was worried about our OL going up against their DL, but they handled them well. I said it in the game day thread, but this has to be the sh*ttiest FSU squad I can remember in a long, long time. So glad we dropped 50 on those fools to humiliate them. They've had it coming for years now.

We just need to keep stacking talent - players and coaches. And above all, QB. You get a good QB, and great things happen. Manny and Co. must prioritize landing an elite QB each cycle, because in this CFB day in age, it's all predicated on your passing game. Even with mediocre talent, you are automatically a Top 25 team with a good QB (UNC with Howell; Duke with Daniel Jones). Then if you can stack talent around that QB, you consistently win games (Oklahoma, Oregon, Ok St), and then compliment that QB and his offense with a top tier defense and you've got championship material (Bama, Clemson, OSU, LSU). We're not yet in that top tier, but we're definitely in that second tier.

FSU owes their title to Jameis - not Dalvin. LSU owes theirs to Burrow hands down. Texas' title was Vince Young. Clemson - Trevor Lawrence and Deshaun Watson. Bama - Tua. Auburn - Cam. UF - Tebow. I could go on and on but you must have a good player under center in today's college football in order to have a chance, and King has shown us how much impact a good QB can have on a team. The man has almost singlehandedly transformed our team.

Now let's go give Clemson ****.

When it comes to coin toss I'm always in favor of deferring to the 2nd half & getting your Defense on the field first to set the tone. Plus, against Clemson you don't want them getting the ball at halftime anyway.

In order to win we're gonna have to play the best game we've ever played in the last 4 years.

Advertisement
Calvin, this time I have to beg to disagree. With our offense rolling now. Miami needs to put Clemson on hits heels with a TD ( Or even an FG. ) and make Clemson play from behind. This early score would also HYPE up the defense.
ROFL, that's actually the same way I got him going too, I was thinking that as well, make them play from behind, but what happens if we go 3 and out, they'll probably end up with better field position from a punt from us than a kick off from the rugby player. As for me, I don't care either way for this game, but I'd rather us defer, come out and say hello to Trevor real early. In this game, if the turnover chain come out early, it might be on.

If Rousseau & JT4 would've come back this year, I would have us beating Clemson & going undefeated.

Not even joking or exaggerating. Having Rousseau & Phillips on the field at the same time would've been the scariest & most unstoppable pass rush in all of college football hands down.

JT4 would've thrived in Lashlee's offense out of the Slot in place of Harley & people would say "well JT woulda been a problem", I don't think he would have. He was a malcontent because we didn't utilize him properly & didn't get him the ball enough, there is nothing stupider than having a dynamic weapon like Jeff Thomas & playing him in a Pro style bro! Offense. He's the quintessential Spread Slot WR Speed threat that can break a game open & force Defenses to roll safeties to his side, a true matchup nightmare when used correctly.

Under King's leadership & in Lashlee's offense where he would've been a focal point, JT4 would've fell in line & bought into everything we're doing.
You have to know that Rousseau, Thomas, and Bandy are thinking they might have made the wrong decision right about now.

My biggest concerns are:
Harley's drops - still too many
We let runners get to the edge
Are our CB's are up to the task.

When it comes to coin toss I'm always in favor of deferring to the 2nd half & getting your Defense on the field first to set the tone. Plus, against Clemson you don't want them getting the ball at halftime anyway.

In order to win we're gonna have to play the best game we've ever played in the last 4 years.
Ok, I had you going with the offense, but we don't have to play our best game in 4 years, we just need to play a lil bit better than these guys:

Advertisement
You have to know that Rousseau, Thomas, and Bandy are thinking they might have made the wrong decision right about now.

My biggest concerns are:
Our CBs gotta do better in shedding blocks when people run to the outside..

Saving grace against Clemson is no justyn Ross. I feel for the kid and hope he is able to play again. But it’s nice not having to face that kid

My biggest concerns are:
Would've been fun seeing jt4 in this offense, coach richt kept explosive receivers in his offenses for sure.

Advertisement
In our history is always about the QB! WE have a good QB we ride... Take a picture of KING and find one just like him every year, specially the heart and IQ!

Facts.

After the first drive we pretty much sat back & dropped 6/7 in coverage for most of the night, we recognized that Blackman couldn't beat us with his eyes or his legs so we forced him to sit in the pocket & sped up his progressions.

We were winning the L.O.S. battle with the front 4 so we didn't have to dial up too many unnecessary Blitzes, we did Blitz early on with Keontra, but he came up closer to the line on pre-snap & was able to get home & hit Blackman. We also had a couple nice overload Blitzes with McCloud on his sack & we sent Bolden from the Strong side on his sack as well. We did exactly what we been calling for, disguised looks & played with much better spacing on pre-snap alignment from the Backers.

We did have one CB Blitz from Blades but he was short side of the field & closer to the hashes than normal.

Baker played mainly Cover 1, 2 & some Cover 4 in the 2nd half, but you can tell we liked our matchups on the front 7 so he was more comfortable just playing regular vanilla Defense, FSU has no speed on the outside whatsoever, so we didn't need to compensate for the Deep ball.

The only success they had was with Jordan Travis on those designed QB runs & on the quick Bubble screens, one of those runs they got away with a blatant hold on McCloud & on the others, if our CB's could learn how to hand fight & disengage with their blocker we could've cut most of those runs short. Fighting off blocks needs to be emphasized in practice all next week, our Corners were getting hemmed up lol.

But yeah overall, the Baker man called a good game, he did the same thing last year, so he pretty much has FSU's personnel & play sequences mapped out easy.

He's gonna have his hands full vs Clemson though, because they will take advantage of every weakness we have on Defense.
Was gonna ask what you thought about alignments this past game. Saw Frierson shifting the LBs over on a couple of plays... Also curious what your thoughts are on best LB combination; I was thinking Brooks+McCloud would be great for Clemson.

Advertisement
Back