My Post Game recap

On paper only.

BOTs often use President's to distance themselves from the publicity of their [BOT's] decisions.

Presidents are rudderless, spineless, ACADEMICS who almost 99.99% have never led any real organizations with true accountability.

I disagree...

Advertisement
I’m of the belief that ALL of our players can’t possibly be as bad as they look and this goes to coaching.

Most of the kids we have are 4 stars and I find it hard to believe that if they had gone to a school that had a REAL coach that they would be succeeding a lot better than what they have here.

We are doomed to mediocrity as long as Richt and his ban of idiots roam the sidelines and occupy the press box.

WE ARE FCKED GUYS CAUSE THE PASTOR AINT GOING ANYWHERE.PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Very fair recap. On Cager, I'd also add that his effort blocking was poor. A few times on screens and outside runs I saw him getting pushed back into the path of the ball carrier. He just does not use his size to his advantage.

Having been a Canes fan and watching games since the 60's the losses were acceptable because those teams played with heart and did not quit, if there was time on the clock they EXPECTED to win...this team has quit and that is more disturbing then the losses. We need massive changes, ST average punt in this game 31 yards...that is worse then just about any high school team and has been a problem for 2 years...not that long ago we had Bosher who played like superman punting deep and making crushing tackles. Hard to believe that neither FSU, Florida or Miami are close to being the best teams in this state...UCF keeps winning and plays with determination, sure they have had some close games against weaker talent but manage to keep winning. Seems the only times we play up to Hurricane level is when ex-players flood the sideline and that points to coaching. We trounced ND last year and now we can't beat lower level ACC teams? Sad and disappointing, Jerome Brown and Sean Taylor are rolling over in their graves....TRUE HURRICANES that gave 100 percent every game...not like these current players who came for the legacy but play like the uniform will magically make them CANES. Doesn't work like that. Who is the Ed Reed saying I'm hurting Dog...and then leading us to victory...who is putting their all into each game like a true hurricane? Name ONE!

Advertisement
giphy.gif

then thats not on Manny, becasue everybody was in a position to make a play but didnt step up. MJ could have made that play at the end but didnt, Bandy though got burnt, recovered and was in position to make a play too, and then at the end Willis let the RB run right pass him on 3rd and long. Georgia Tech literally had one good drive; it was the first drive of the game and willis jump offsides on a 4&7 which put GT in a better position to convert the fourth down.
It’s never on the coach when you like the coach. That’s how it goes right?

I'm really starting to believe that Richt and baby Richt are the reason for Brad Kaaya regressing his last year. It all makes sense now.

Everything on point. It’s a shame, really. The team is toast. If the AD and the BOT sits on its hands, and Richt stands pat I could see this team going 3-9 next year. It’s bad when one of your best plays of the night is a shanked punt that hits a kid in the ***.

Advertisement
It’s never on the coach when you like the coach. That’s how it goes right?
U trying to be all philosophical and **** but the coaches job is to put his players in the best position to win, and everybody was in a position to make a play. Now if you want to get mad at someone get mad at Rumph, but Bandy wasa right there to stop the touchdown and didnt, Mj was right there but didn't, and Willis was right there to make the play, that being said that is not a scheme problem.

U trying to be all philosophical and **** but the coaches job is to put his players in the best position to win, and everybody was in a position to make a play. Now if you want to get mad at someone get mad at Rumph, but Bandy wasa right there to stop the touchdown and didnt, Mj was right there but didn't, and Willis was right there to make the play, that being said that is not a scheme problem.
Few are complaining about the defense, the defense plays with heart until the offense rips it out.

... and how many quality coordinators would hitch their wagon to this abysmal caravan, knowing Richt is done in another year or two barring a miracle....
Here's how they could do it. Hire a bright innovator like Briles or Yost as OC and tell them that they are the Head Coach in Waiting for about 2 years until we can dump Richt without it costing too much.

Honestly I think we all know that what I just suggested above isn't going to happen especially when you consider what a joke our athletic department is. The post I quoted is right over the target. What OC worth a **** would want to come work for this low energy excuse pedaling colostomy bag? That's exactly why the whole hire an OC and Richt will be the CEO pipe dream isn't going to cut it. Georgia tried that and look where it got them? Now we could try to hire a stud up and comer like I suggested and give them full autonomy and the freedom to run the show with the understanding that if things go well they will get the HC gig but again I come back to the same thing. Does anyone seriously think that Flake James is going to pull that off?

So we are basically looking at the following options.
1. Bite the financial bullet and fire Richt at the end of the season.
2. Try to work out a deal with Richt behind the scenes that will allow him to announce his retirement without having to pay the entire buyout.
3. Try hiring an impressive OC with full control and make Richt the CEO/Figurehead.

4. Do nothing and hope things get turned around.

Should be an interesting offseason.

Advertisement
Thanks EL, Great write up. Always enjoy your write ups and posts. I’m in agreement this is the beginning of the end for the Richt era. Even if Richt is forced to make changes on the offensive side of the ball. I suspect Blake James will let Richt go out and pick his OC. I have NO faith that Richt would or could make the right hire. I’m certain he’s not going to go out and get a young creative offense mind, he’ll go get some retread to run his outdated archaic offense. There will be little to no improvement, if he’s in charge of hiring the OC. It’s just a matter of time until Richt will be removed or step down. In the mean time our recruiting will continue to suffer and we’ll need a complete rebuild when a new coach comes in here. This has turned into such a disaster!!

Flake Flames said that the extension would help solidify recruiting by guaranteeing recruits that Richt would still be here. Can't make this stuff up my man.
A lot of schools do it but Miami did it too soon when it was unnecessary. The BOT are cheap ******** though so they should know not to be as aggressive with this approach as big state schools as they won't pay big buy-outs (our exact position now). It's amateur hour.

Advertisement
I thought our offense looked much better Saturday. Perry made good decisions and only one bad play (the fumble). Our wide receivers outside of Jeff Thomas are not as good as we thought. The OL is holding us back, penalty after penalty and missed block after missed block. Our special teams kicking has seriously f*cked us, and now we are fumbling kickoffs/punt returns too. Is special teams really that hard? Jesus Christ.

Richt is going nowhere, and why would he? He's making 4M a year and just got an extension. The best we can hope for is a competent OL coach hire, keep Diaz, and hire a new OC/demote Jon to analyst position.

Pinky and Shaq played well. Gerald did ok, but I expected more from him especially on those **** dives late in the 4th. I still don't understand the cushions and lack of jams by the DBs. That would buy the DL a second or two and disrupt routes.

The offense is so stale it's sickening to watch. If the RB lines up behind the QB in the gun, it's a handoff. If the RB shifts nexts to the QB, it's a pass. DJ in the wildcat on 4th and goal? Ha! So telegraphed. Why not run that on 1st thru 3rd down? No motion whatsoever. Let's just throw it up to Cager so he can gator-arm it again. Pathetic. I'm convinced my youth football coaches would win more games than this staff. No doubt in my mind.

The team looked horrible, Brevin has been good this season especially considering he's plays with 2 of the worst QB's in D1 football.

But what vets have looked good? All the upperclassmen OL been terrible, Cager & Langham have been below average, Rosier is... I don't even have to say anything that's how bad he is lol.

NONE of our players, young or upperclassmen have been put in position to succeed this year. The team is just poorly coached & completely unmotivated.

I know you mentioned it earlier but add Mahoney, St Louis and Guthier as upper class men looking like crap

they were...its why he left like how he did
Kaaya is a pretty smart football guy and could be a coach someday, wouldn’t be surprised if he knew more about the position than baby richt tbh. With that being said I don’t agree with the notion he left because he regressed when he had his best year statistically in every category.

Advertisement
Back