Premium
Offense:

N'Kosi Perry - 14/23 165yds, 6att 38yds
Cam'ron Davis - 6att 48yds 1TD
Travis Homer - 11att 30yds 1TD, 3rec 26yds
Deejay Dallas - 6att 15yds 1TD
Jeff Thomas - 6rec 84yds
Dee Wiggins - 2rec 31yds

299yds total offense, 134yds rushing & 9/15 on 3rd down.

Perry played okay, made some nice runs to extend drives on 3rd downs.

Don't get why we kept running deep routes with Cager, he's one of our slowest WR's & isn't a hands catcher, he catches with his body. That skinny post he ran would've been a TD with Harley or JT4.

Really proud of the young Chief Killa Cam, I was high on him coming out of CC, don't know why it took this **** long to get him some carries, but that's kinda the story with this offense. Either way kid played well, both he & Lingard can be a good 1-2 punch with a better OC that understands how to utilize backs.

OL was the same they always are, trash. Gauthier was getting whipped all night.

The muffed punt by JT was plain disappointing, he downright got pushed & moved out the way like a lil kid. Dude just took the ball like, "watch out lil bro let me get that" lol

Cager just isn't good enough, sorry not gonna sugarcoat it anymore. Dudes hands are terrible & he doesn't know how to use his frame to create separation. Don't like harshly criticizing players, but Cager deserves it, he's just too inconsistent & while our fans often give high grades for effort alone his effort was not enough. Miami has a HIGH standard for RB's, WR's & TE's, he simply doesn't meet those standards. If he comes back next year, he needs to be relegated to the bench, don't care about Seniority.

The Offense played 0.000000001% better during this downslide they've been on, but I'm not declaring them in any way improved. We still suck as an offense, we just suck slightly less with Perry.

Richt is burnt the fck out. He was 14-2 All-time vs GTech coming in tonight & still managed to lose. We need an entire offensive overhaul & imo need a new HC. I know Richt ain't getting fired this year but no amount of Kool-aid drinkers will convince me otherwise that he shouldn't be. Yall can stay delusional & lie to yourselves all offseason, but I'm not falling for the trick of thinking it's all gonna turn around for 2019. This sh*t is a wrap, the Richt era will officially die after we take a L vs UF next year, take that to the bank.

Defense:

- Michael Pinckney 9tcks 1TFL
- Shaquille Quarterman 8tcks 1TFL
- Gerald Willis 5tcks 1TFL
- Tito Odenigbo 5tcks
- Jaquan Johnson 4ctks
- Scott Patchan 3tcks 1TFL

Gave up 304yds total, 231yds rushing 9/16 on 3rd down with 34:45 time of possession.

Defense just didn't have it, obviously stopping the run vs GTech in near impossible if you don't jump on'em early & force them out of their game. Bad punting & poor offensive turnovers don't help with field position at all, but the Defense just doesn't have the fire anymore. We're not forcing TO's like we usually do & we're not disruptive in the backfield like we have to be in order to be successful. When you play GTech you can pretty much throw the stats out the window & just focus on forcing turnovers & keeping them out of the Endzone, something we didn't do.

The Defense had held up as long as they could for the season, but they've gave way & can't hold up any longer. IMO the UVA game was the final straw that broke the camels back, after that the Defense just hasn't had the same tenacity & Fire we're used to. Can't expect them to carry the team any further.

Secondary has been solid this year, but couldn't get the key stops against a team that doesn't even pass lol. GTech literally only completed 3 passes for 73yds this game & every one of those passes were for big plays including a TD.

Special Teams:

I usually don't even mention ST's in my recaps because it goes without saying how bad they are, but Got **** man... Smfh lol Jack Spicer actually kicked a punt so bad that it accidentally helped us out lol. Of course the 2 fumbles by JT & Deejay were costly for field position & has been an issue all 3 years of the Richt era. Coach Hartley doesn't have a fckin clue about how to coach ST's, he shouldn't be coaching ST's in the first place because it's clear all he should be doing is coaching TE's.

Overall, the 4 game losing streak has become the signature of the Richt era, once this team loses it just completely unravels & spirals out of control. This team has no leadership from the top, it's not about players being too young, or not being talented enough, or not executing, it's about the Head Coach cannot get this team motivated & they simply don't buy into what he's selling. They've phased him out & they don't play for him, they play in spite of him.

My prediction of 6-6 still stands, but 5-7 is looking more & more real every week. I have no faith whatsoever we can even beat Pitt at home. I fully expect The Narduzzi (yes I wrote it like that on purpose) to come to the Rock & smack Rix around, how fckin sad is that smh.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our young players played horrible.. All I remember. Nice throw from Perry to Wiggins on the 4th qtr drive. Cam looked good but no Brevin...pope makes way too many errors

Can we stop making excuses with this defense. If this was Michigan, or Clemson they would shut these teams down even with lack luster offense. This defense isn't elite it just good enough.

Our young players played horrible.. All I remember. Nice throw from Perry to Wiggins on the 4th qtr drive. Cam looked good but no Brevin...pope makes way too many errors
The team looked horrible, Brevin has been good this season especially considering he's plays with 2 of the worst QB's in D1 football.

But what vets have looked good? All the upperclassmen OL been terrible, Cager & Langham have been below average, Rosier is... I don't even have to say anything that's how bad he is lol.

NONE of our players, young or upperclassmen have been put in position to succeed this year. The team is just poorly coached & completely unmotivated.

Advertisement
Can we stop making excuses with this defense. If this was Michigan, or Clemson they would shut these teams down even with lack luster offense. This defense isn't elite it just good enough.
Fwiw Clemson gave up 21 points to tech. But they also scored 49 lol

Perry played good enough to win. His receivers dropped easy passes and in many cases ran lazy routes. Without Berrios converting 3rd downs and Ahmon doing his thing the receiving corps looks very pedestrian.

How do you know what errors Pope makes?

Advertisement
Another CC boy shows up. Tough kids from my old hood. Other than that, tonight is not worth discussing but thanks for the work EL

I’m praying for two more loses!**** shame we retuned like 70% of starters and this is a very veteran team. Wow what a waste.

Advertisement
Good recap El. Bright spot was no benching of Perry in favor of Rosier. But had he not gotten yanked so fast a few weeks ago and Rosier been named starter again, perhaps Perry would have more of the kinks worked out by now. Oh yeah, we suck.

Perry played good enough to win. His receivers dropped easy passes and in many cases ran lazy routes. Without Berrios converting 3rd downs and Ahmon doing his thing the receiving corps looks very pedestrian.

Starts at the top, outside of langham those are some highly ranked players

Offense:

N'Kosi Perry - 14/23 165yds, 6att 38yds
Cam'ron Davis - 6att 48yds 1TD
Travis Homer - 11att 30yds 1TD, 3rec 26yds
Deejay Dallas - 6att 15yds 1TD
Jeff Thomas - 6rec 84yds
Dee Wiggins - 2rec 31yds

299yds total offense, 134yds rushing & 9/15 on 3rd down.

Perry played okay, made some nice runs to extend drives on 3rd downs.

Don't get why we kept running deep routes with Cager, he's one of our slowest WR's & isn't a hands catcher, he catches with his body. That skinny post he ran would've been a TD with Harley or JT4.

Really proud of the young Chief Killa Cam, I was high on him coming out of CC, don't know why it took this **** long to get him some carries, but that's kinda the story with this offense. Either way kid played well, both he & Lingard can be a good 1-2 punch with a better OC that understands how to utilize backs.

OL was the same they always are, trash. Gauthier was getting whipped all night.

The muffed punt by JT was plain disappointing, he downright got pushed & moved out the way like a lil kid. Dude just took the ball like, "watch out lil bro let me get that" lol

Cager just isn't good enough, sorry not gonna sugarcoat it anymore. Dudes hands are terrible & he doesn't know how to use his frame to create separation. Don't like harshly criticizing players, but Cager deserves it, he's just too inconsistent & while our fans often give high grades for effort alone his effort was not enough. Miami has a HIGH standard for RB's, WR's & TE's, he simply doesn't meet those standards. If he comes back next year, he needs to be relegated to the bench, don't care about Seniority.

The Offense played 0.000000001% better during this downslide they've been on, but I'm not declaring them in any way improved. We still suck as an offense, we just suck slightly less with Perry.

Richt is burnt the fck out. He was 14-2 All-time vs GTech coming in tonight & still managed to lose. We need an entire offensive overhaul & imo need a new HC. I know Richt ain't getting fired this year but no amount of Kool-aid drinkers will convince me otherwise that he shouldn't be. Yall can stay delusional & lie to yourselves all offseason, but I'm not falling for the trick of thinking it's all gonna turn around for 2019. This sh*t is a wrap, the Richt era will officially die after we take a L vs UF next year, take that to the bank.

Defense:

- Michael Pinckney 9tcks 1TFL
- Shaquille Quarterman 8tcks 1TFL
- Gerald Willis 5tcks 1TFL
- Tito Odenigbo 5tcks
- Jaquan Johnson 4ctks
- Scott Patchan 3tcks 1TFL

Gave up 304yds total, 231yds rushing 9/16 on 3rd down with 34:45 time of possession.

Defense just didn't have it, obviously stopping the run vs GTech in near impossible if you don't jump on'em early & force them out of their game. Bad punting & poor offensive turnovers don't help with field position at all, but the Defense just doesn't have the fire anymore. We're not forcing TO's like we usually do & we're not disruptive in the backfield like we have to be in order to be successful. When you play GTech you can pretty much throw the stats out the window & just focus on forcing turnovers & keeping them out of the Endzone, something we didn't do.

The Defense had held up as long as they could for the season, but they've gave way & can't hold up any longer. IMO the UVA game was the final straw that broke the camels back, after that the Defense just hasn't had the same tenacity & Fire we're used to. Can't expect them to carry the team any further.

Secondary has been solid this year, but couldn't get the key stops against a team that doesn't even pass lol. GTech literally only completed 3 passes for 73yds this game & every one of those passes were for big plays including a TD.

Special Teams:

I usually don't even mention ST's in my recaps because it goes without saying how bad they are, but Got **** man... Smfh lol Jack Spicer actually kicked a punt so bad that it accidentally helped us out lol. Of course the 2 fumbles by JT & Deejay were costly for field position & has been an issue all 3 years of the Richt era. Coach Hartley doesn't have a fckin clue about how to coach ST's, he shouldn't be coaching ST's in the first place because it's clear all he should be doing is coaching TE's.

Overall, the 4 game losing streak has become the signature of the Richt era, once this team loses it just completely unravels & spirals out of control. This team has no leadership from the top, it's not about players being too young, or not being talented enough, or not executing, it's about the Head Coach cannot get this team motivated & they simply don't buy into what he's selling. They've phased him out & they don't play for him, they play in spite of him.

My prediction of 6-6 still stands, but 5-7 is looking more & more real every week. I have no faith whatsoever we can even beat Pitt at home. I fully expect The Narduzzi (yes I wrote it like that on purpose) to come to the Rock & smack Rix around, how fckin sad is that smh.

Hermano, you are correct. We are not beating VT in Blacksburg or Pitt at home...not going to happen. This team has given up, save a few players. We need to demolish this corching staff and start anew. If President Frenk is the great man I believe he is instead of a troll like Donna, he will light a fire under Blake Flames and force him to do his job.

Advertisement

You have to look at it from the perspective of the option offense. They are immediately confident when they sense they can dictate the interior. How often does the pitch happen anyway? Virtually never. That is the misconception, and the misplaced fear by the coordinator and by fans. Option offenses are scared that you will take away the middle and force them to get to the final option, even if those are the glamor plays down the sideline.

How many times did they pitch tonight, on the third option and not the rocket toss? Maybe 3-4 times tops.

But when you spread out in a 3-man line they relax and know they will control the middle, especially when it matters.

Once I saw our defensive scheme I thought the outcome looked dire, unless we got big plays or turnovers.

The 15yd penalty was a major error.. How you cut block that dude..
Smh you guys are quick to sh*t on players based on one play. Staff knows he struggles with blocking and has him blocking on a screen, no put players in situations to succeed pope should be out there on obvious passing plays. That’s how you build young players confidence.

Advertisement
Back