N'Kosi Perry - 17/25 224yds 3TD's 1INT 68%cmp, 9att 32yds
Travis Homer - 13att 114yds 1TD
Lorenzo Lingard - 10att 50yds
Deejay Dallas - 7att 28yds, 2rec 30yds
Cam'ron Davis - 5att 24yds
Mike Harley - 7rec 76yds
Brevin Jordan - 5rec 67yds 1TD
Lawrence Cager - 2rec 43yds 2TD's

Offense gained 488yds total 240yds passing & 248yds rushing off 78 plays, 8-15 on 3rd down with 36:49 Time of Possesion.

Wow, we finally got what we've been asking for & it paid off early. Perry getting the first significant snaps of his career & he started off hot hitting his first 10 passes.

Obviously, most of his throws were all short yardage which is to be expected to get him in rhythm & comfortable running the offense. But he did show good accuracy & delivered the ball with velocity. He also had some nice runs converting multiple 1st downs. That first TD pass to Cager was an very nice throw, looked off the Safety & hit Cage right on time throwing an absolute bullet. And the 42yd pass to Harley was a nice quick decision as well, then finishing the drive with a great TD pass to Brevin.

The only negatives were we left a few TD's on the field not being able to convert on drives down to the Red zone & the INT he threw was just a bad decision on his part. It looked as if he was trying to hit Hightower who had gotten behind the DB but Perry while scrambling just under threw him.

Other than that I really liked what I saw from the kid. Now of course you have to keep it in context that it was against a bad FIU team, that is better than Savannah St but much worse than Toledo, so it's not like the competition was anything too special. With that being said, I hope to see Perry more now that we're starting ACC play, especially against 2 bad teams in UNC & FSU coming up.

Loved what I saw from Harley, he stepped up & balled out today, had his best game as Cane thus far. He's a guy you have to get ball in his hands with room to run after the catch because he can make some big plays in open space.

Also great to see the continued growth of Brevin Jordan, he's going to be a real crucial weapon for us these next few weeks.

Homer was a beast today, had some nice tough runs & showed that explosive burst he's known for going 8.8ypc with that nice 35yd TD. I love the dynamic 1/2 punch he & Deejay bring. Lingard is a Homerun hitter, I really hope we start to get him some touches earlier in the game, whether it be HB toss play or a screen once in a while, but he's a kid that can house it once he sees green. Also glad to see Cam get a few carries as well. I'm guessing they're still going to shirt him, but he can still play in at least 2 more games this year.

OL play was good for the most part, but had a few lapses. That first sack was St. Louis just flat out getting beat off the edge. I really loved seeing Scaife get in at LT in the 2nd half. I've always felt he would be an All-American at Guard, but I really want to see him play Tackle vs ACC opponents, he's going to be special for us once he gets more starter snaps.

On Offense I thought we looked pretty good & the team seemed to respond to Perry. He throws a nice ball & hits guys in stride. I would give Perry the whole week of prep & start him vs UNC, I don't think Richt will do that, but he should get split reps in practice with the 1's & if Malik struggles early, Perry can come right in & pick it up. His performance only reaffirms my belief that if he were allowed to get more 1st team reps in Spring & Fall he would be farther along in his development right now. We'll see what happens moving forward.

Defense:
- Gerald Willis 5tcks 3TFL's
- Shaquille Quarterman 5tcks 1TFL
- Jonathan Garvin 5tcks 2.5TFL's 0.5sacks
- Joe Jackson 4tcks 2TFL's 1sack
- Mike Smith 4tcks .5TFL
- Scott Patchan 3tcks
- Romeo Finley 3tcks
- Michael Pinckney 3tcks
- Al Blades Jr 2tcks 1TFL
- Sheldrick Redwine 1tck 1INT

Held FIU to just 187yds total & only 17yds rushing. They didn't get a 1st down until the 3rd quarter & were 3-14 on 3rd down for the game. Held them to just 12yds in the 1st half & had 11TFL's until late in the game completely dominated.

G Willis was unblockable, he Garvin & JJack single handedly shut down FIU. Great game from the Defensive line.

Nice pick from Redwine, liked what I saw from Carter, Hall & Finley.

Overall, gotta keep everything in perspective, FIU is a garbage CUSA program, we actually should've blown them out by more points than that, but otherwise was a good game from Miami.

I'm really excited about starting our ACC schedule now, it's really imperative we come out & hit the ground running vs UNC. Enough of this close game bullsh*t against weak teams, we should light that god awful UNC Defense up & I expect our Defense to feast against that OL.

Time to make a statement in these next few weeks handling these weak *** bum teams in conference. Plus with both BC & Va Tech going down there's not a single game left on the schedule we shouldn't roll if we stay consistent & play up to our level of talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really hope JT4 is healthy & ready to go, we NEED him as we start ACC play.

That PR TD that got called back was some Bullsh*t.

Perry was impressive. The OL wasn't. Richt's o playcalling could be better. Glad Homer got untracked today. Gonna need him

If this game pushes Richt to ******* start Perry, I couldn't give less of a **** what happened with the rest of the team. That alone I'll consider the biggest win of this game.

Advertisement
1st team O & D were totally dominate the first half. Even with a lot 2nd teamers in the 3rd quarter, we still dominated them. The 4th quarter was a little sloppy but I was glad to see a lot of the 3rd team get some playing time. ****, even Milo was in at center!

Nice recap LCE. The game felt like we could have easily kept our foot on the gas and scored 60, but we have a ton of young guys who needed reps if they plan to contribute down the stretch.

Advertisement
The interception did not bother me. It was 3d down and our punter would have given them better field position than the interception did

Thomas wasn't really needed this afternoon. Get him to take in the H2O like a stud race horse and be ready for Carolina Blue.

Advertisement
The interception did not bother me. It was 3d down and our punter would have given them better field position than the interception did

That was my immediate thought! Although if he threw it further it was a TD.

I hope we're capable of making a statement game. We have a really good team with lots of stud players, but we seem to be lacking the ability to make it all gel at the right times.

The only thing I didn't like about it was he had another WR in the same area, if he hits that guy we get the 1st down & keep driving. Instead he made an errant throw on the run, but I don't hold it against him too heavy as of now because it's basically his first real game. But going forward he can't do that. I kill Rosier for bad turnovers, Perry will be no different, the QB's must protect the ball.

With more prep as a potential full time starter he's going to have to drill it in his mind either run or throw it away. He was an accurate QB in HS because of his decision making, but now with the weapons we got he needs to know he doesn't have to do it all by himself.

Other than that, he looked really good. Very accurate & has a nice arm, especially once he gets the look he wants from the Defense he gets on target & makes laser throws.

Advertisement
I thought NKosi was a nice change of pace from what we've seen over the past year plus. He played with an urgency and at a tempo we haven't had since Richt got here. When he ran, he took off, and for such a slim guy, had no problem banging.

I will never complain about a 'Canes game where we rush 49 times. We'll win that game 99% of the time.

I've been saying it since last year...slot bubble screens are money with our talent. I loved Rosier last year when he did it with Herndon and Berrios. Perry to Jordan and Harley on those was ****. And the minute a team creeps up on the flats, you pop one over the linebacker to Jordan. Cheesy.

OL played fine, but its FIU.

First team defense played great. Second team defense played very well. Third team defense played like third team defense.

Gerald Willis is playing as well as any defensive lineman that is going to go in the Top 5 of the NFL Draft in April. That year off did wonders for him. This is the difference between a high four star talent and some three star talent...those higher star players eventually pay off.

Back seven is seemingly playing like **** lately. Felt in this game, they played lazy.

Advertisement
Back