image.jpg
Offense:
- Malik Rosier 26/43 344yds 2TD's
- Travis Homer 20att 95yds 1TD
- Chris Herndon 10rec 96yds 1TD
- Ahmmon Richards 6rec 99yds
- Jeff Thomas 2rec 61yds 1TD

480yds Total Offense.

Offense looked good on the opening drive, best it's looked since Pitt & West Va last year.
I loved going 4 & 5 Wide most of the game.

Herndon played his best game, we finally started getting him involved early.

Ahmmon played well, could've been much better had some drops & was clearly playing hobbled Really hope he gets fully healthy, we cannot afford a Walton 2.0 with him.

LOL to everyone that allowed themselves to be trolled by idiots saying JT4 isn't a playmaker.
Jeff Thomas is getting worked more into the Offense, and is becoming the Homerun hitting game breaker that most of us knew he would be.

Redzone Goaline Offense was a potential issue that many of us saw just before the season started when Richt said he didn't have the personnel to run a typical Goaline Offense, which we don't, No FB & No 2/3 TE for Max Protect. With that said, Redzone Offense hasn't been good all year, even vs Bethune & Toledo we had long drives that got right down to the 1yd line & couldn't come away with a TD. Thank God for Badgley, but that's something we gotta keep working on as an Offense.

Offense stalled again for some of the 2nd & 3rd quarter, but we made the plays when we needed to.

The Offensive Line is really doing a phenomenal job upfront, their Pass protection is A1, among the best in the ACC & Run Blocking has been great late in 4th quarters (not so much early in the game, but in crunch time the OL is killing it). St. Louis, Darling, McDermott & Gauthier have been great.

image.jpg

Defense: Held Dungey to just 13/41 137yds, 4INT's & 0TD's.

- Michael Pinckney 9tcks 3TFL's & 2.5sacks
- Jaquan Johnson 6tcks 1INT
- Sheldrick Redwine 6tcks
- Joseph Jackson 5tcks 1TFL
- RJ McIntosh 5tcks 5PD's
- Demetrius Jackson 4tcks 2TFL's 1INT
- Shaquille Quarterman 4tcks 1sack 1TFL
- Michael Jackson 3tcks 2INT's
- Trent Harris 3tcks .05sacks .05TFL's
- Derrick Smith 3tcks
- Anthony Moten 3tcks
- Kendrick Norton 2tcks 1TFL
- Amari Carter 2tcks
- Jhavonte Dean 2tcks

Dominant performance by the Defense with 4INT's & 4 sacks. The best game they've played since Duke. Completely shut down that passing attack, those two vaunted WR's were locked down! Ishmael only had 4rec 41yds & Phillips only had 5rec 57yds

DJack gets an INT & gets stripped lol
Don't think I've ever seen that before, but **** of a play by DJack.

Chad Thomas, Trent Harris, RJ, Moten, Bethel, Norton & JJack all played great, they routinely put pressure on Dungey & disrupted the pocket. Loved the stunts we were running with our DL, not giving their OL a chance to put a hat on them while bringing pressure & forcing Dungey out of the pocket.

Pinckney played fast & physical, he was dialed in flying all over the field & made some great plays in the backfield. Been our best LB all season. Shaq also played well, was causing pressures early on & getting after the QB.

Bandy has really shown up big time as a TF, gotta give props to Pete & D$, they been saying since last year Bandy was gonna hit the ground running & he's been nothing short of spectacular.

Derrick Smith played early & was solid in coverage, great to see Diaz give the young guys a shot, no need to keep cutting our nose off just to spite our face, by playing Knowles. Good to see Finley, Carter & Dean get some snaps too.

Mike Jack has really stepped up since the Toledo game, he's literally become our best Ballhawk.
Should've had 3INT's this game.

Malek Young put the ****** clamps down on these WR's! Ishmael & Phillips couldn't do **** against him, Best CB in the ACC! S/O to @brock lol. Having Redwine back this game made a huge difference in Pass Coverage, he's very solid in the run game as well.

Jaquan Johnson finally got a pick! He should have at least 3 or 4 on the season, but he's been our most consistent Safety, hasn't missed a single snap & has been around the ball all year.

This Defense really needs to focus on 3rd & long, we've given up some ridiculous 3rd & astronomically long plays all year. Giving up a 3rd & 25 is unacceptable, we had a 3rd & 18 vs Duke that was just baffling. Gotta be more disciplined in those situations, 3rd & anything longer than 10yds should be an automatic 4th down for this Defense.

Other than that, our Defense played its best game today. We're really hittin our stride on the Defensive side of the ball. The first half vs FSU we completely shut them down, the 2nd half vs GTech was the same thing, El Jefe done re'd up & got that straight drop not cut, fresh off the boat from Cartagena!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Awesome post.

Ive felt Thomas is thinking too much out there. If you followed his recruiting you knew it might not be easy for him to see the field. But as he gets comfortable with the playbook I expect his skills to come out. What a huge play that was at the time.

We're out gaining some teams by 200 plus yards, just not putting them away early. Gotta fix that!

Got to stop the run better. 284 on the ground today. They was solid in run defense last year.

Advertisement
We catch the ball we win by 21+. Fix the execution mistakes. Unc then the big boys are coming to town.

Great post. Those orange people beat Clemson last week and it gave them faith they could beat us. This was another hard fought game and I suspect we left them beaten and I suspect they will slide down some now. We are not the machine of 20 years ago but we are hurting people again.

We're out gaining some teams by 200 plus yards, just not putting them away early. Gotta fix that!
Agreed, we're beating teams with force, these games wouldn't be as close as they've been if we just continue to execute & put these fools away early on.

Other than that, we're really playing at a High level.

Last edited:
View attachment 52397
Offense:
- Malik Rosier 26/43 344yds 2TD's
- Travis Homer 20att 95yds 1TD
- Chris Herndon 10rec 96yds 1TD
- Ahmmon Richards 6rec 99yds
- Jeff Thomas 2rec 61yds 1TD

480yds Total Offense.

Offense looked good on the opening drive, best it's looked since Pitt & West Va last year.
I loved going 4 & 5 Wide most of the game.

Herndon played his best game, we finally started getting him involved early.

Ahmmon played well, could've been much better had some drops & was clearly playing hobbled Really hope he gets fully healthy, we cannot afford a Walton 2.0 with him.

LOL to everyone that allowed themselves to be trolled by idiots saying JT4 isn't a playmaker.
Jeff Thomas is getting worked more into the Offense, and is becoming the Homerun hitting game breaker that most of us knew he would be.

Redzone Goaline Offense was a potential issue that many of us saw just before the season started when Richt said he didn't have the personnel to run a typical Goaline Offense, which we don't, No FB & No 2/3 TE for Max Protect. With that said, Redzone Offense hasn't been good all year, even vs Bethune & Toledo we had long drives that got right down to the 1yd line & couldn't come away with a TD. Thank God for Badgley, but that's something we gotta keep working on as an Offense.

Offense stalled again for some of the 2nd & 3rd quarter, but we made the plays when we needed to.

The Offensive Line is really doing a phenomenal job upfront, their Pass protection is A1, among the best in the ACC & Run Blocking has been great late in 4th quarters (not so much early in the game, but in crunch time the OL is killing it). St. Louis, Darling, McDermott & Gauthier have been great.

View attachment 52398

Defense: Held Dungey to just 13/41 137yds, 4INT's & 0TD's.

- Michael Pinckney 9tcks 3TFL's & 2.5sacks
- Jaquan Johnson 6tcks 1INT
- Sheldrick Redwine 6tcks
- Joseph Jackson 5tcks 1TFL
- RJ McIntosh 5tcks 5PD's
- Demetrius Jackson 4tcks 2TFL's 1INT
- Shaquille Quarterman 4tcks 1sack 1TFL
- Michael Jackson 3tcks 2INT's
- Trent Harris 3tcks .05sacks .05TFL's
- Derrick Smith 3tcks
- Anthony Moten 3tcks
- Kendrick Norton 2tcks 1TFL
- Amari Carter 2tcks
- Jhavonte Dean 2tcks

Dominant performance by the Defense with 4INT's & 4 sacks. The best game they've played since Duke. Completely shut down that passing attack, those two vaunted WR's were locked down! Ishmael only had 4rec 41yds & Phillips only had 5rec 57yds

DJack gets an INT & gets stripped lol
Don't think I've ever seen that before, but **** of a play by DJack.

Chad Thomas, Trent Harris, RJ, Moten, Bethel, Norton & JJack all played great, they routinely put pressure on Dungey & disrupted the pocket. Loved the stunts we were running with our DL, not giving their OL a chance to put a hat on them while bringing pressure & forcing Dungey out of the pocket.

Pinckney played fast & physical, he was dialed in flying all over the field & made some great plays in the backfield. Been our best LB all season. Shaq also played well, was causing pressures early on & getting after the QB.

Bandy has really shown up big time as a TF, gotta give props to Pete & D$, they been saying since last year Bandy was gonna hit the ground running & he's been nothing short of spectacular.

Derrick Smith played early & was solid in coverage, great to see Diaz give the young guys a shot, no need to keep cutting our nose off just to spite our face, by playing Knowles. Good to see Finley, Carter & Dean get some snaps too.

Mike Jack has really stepped up since the Toledo game, he's literally become our best Ballhawk.
Should've had 3INT's this game.

Malek Young put the ****in clamps down on these WR's! Ishmael & Phillips couldn't do **** against him, Best CB in the ACC! S/O to @brock lol. Having Redwine back this game made a huge difference in Pass Coverage, he's very solid in the run game as well.

Jaquan Johnson finally got a pick! He should have at least 3 or 4 on the season, but he's been our most consistent Safety, hasn't missed a single snap & has been around the ball all year.

This Defense really needs to focus on 3rd & long, we've given up some ridiculous 3rd & astronomically long plays all year. Giving up a 3rd & 25 is unacceptable, we had a 3rd & 18 vs Duke that was just baffling. Gotta be more disciplined in those situations, 3rd & anything longer than 10yds should be an automatic 4th down for this Defense.

Other than that, our Defense played its best game today. We're really hittin our stride on the Defensive side of the ball. The first half vs FSU we completely shut them down, the 2nd half vs GTech was the same thing, El Jefe done re'd up & got that straight drop not cut, fresh off the boat from Cartagena!

LCE doing what you do Sir! I'm down at Hampton homecoming and I needed this. Question for you why the **** bruh are we giving up 3/18 and 3/10 runs/draws I was about to punch our lb's for dropping out and forgetting the QB is the leading rusher for the team.

Advertisement
good post but wouldn't agree that our defense was great. we made some great plays and a good volume of them but we continue to get gashed on too many important plays where we just can't get off the field. the 3rd and 25 conversion changed the entire dynamic of the game as if we get the ball and score there that game is not as close. thought we tackled a lot better today and nice to see us stop trying to run DT's off the field from the far hash getting burned 3 times in the first half for too many men on the field.

LCE, what do you think of the officiating? Should Dungey have had multiple grounding calls for example?

My favorite post of yours LCE. Great stuff. Our offense needs to figure out the importance of moving the chains at times.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
LCE, what do you think of the officiating? Should Dungey have had multiple grounding calls for example?
ACC officiating is among the worst in Power 5 Football.

There was a Fumble we should've had that didn't get called, there were several international groundings we didn't get.

On some of those long run plays they got away with holding & I remember a chop Block that didn't get called either.

All I hope is that they don't ***** us when it counts the most vs Va Tech, but ACC refs just plain stink.

Hard fought victory. Congrats to the team and staff. Though I still think Richt should hire a OC, I know he's still plugging the many holes golden/donut left on the OL, at DB, at LB, WR and QB. We have to accept the fact we are "still" rebuilding.

Advertisement
Good analysis & wrap-up.

I'm glad to see that Mike Pinckney was able to bounce back from his season-ending injuries so quickly and play so well today.

Advertisement
Back