My Post Game Recap

Did DJack get to wear the Turnover Chain? Or did he lose his chance with his own turnover?

Advertisement
EL, primo...good rollup, but i'm still a little perplexed. O line in passing downs is pretty **** good, but why are we so terrible in the rush game? I get it that McDermott doesn't bend correctly since he bends at the waist instead of the knees and he loses power, but what about the other guys? I'm not savvy enough to be able to critique each O Linemen's technique to find the explanation to why we can't consistently have a running attack. I thought Darling excelled in run blocking and at guard hence, why we moved him inside. He creates next to zero push in the running game. Gauthier has been solid at center, but maybe just not strong enough? This is the most glaring deficiency we have as a team all around. If we have above average linemen play in the trenches for both passing and rushing downs, we roll in this game easy...

You’re a great dude/poster. Thanks for your service. Cuse sold out to stop the run. We catch the ball, we roll big time. OLine played good, maybe not GREAT, but very good. Execution, that’s all it is. That simple, yes.

Ah, I see. I guess we are a team that needs to have the pass set up the run, instead of vice versa?! I hate to use the bama example, and I know we are not there "yet", but those dudes line up and go straight ahead running the ball on pretty much every team. That's how we used to do it in the early 2000s. I think we have some nice young pieces on the O Line, but we are 2 studs away from being truly dominant. I like the guys we brought in last class and we have some solid guys this class, but i feel like we need that blue chip mauler to top off this years class to really get this O Line back to where the standard should be.

Thank you btw!

Got to stop the run better. 284 on the ground today. They was solid in run defense last year.

This. Watching Notre Lame and they are running the rock. Either USCw is trash or they are legit. Run defense has to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can see us stacking the box against those little irishmen. Force the QB to beat you with his arm, which I'm not convinced over yet.

Underrated thing:

Next few weeks we get offenses that are similar to Syracuse. Notre Dame more rune heavy, but all run variations of the spread.

Last 3 weeks we had to prep for a Pro-Style (ish) FSU, GT running the single wing and then Syracuse running the super tempo.

It was good to see 2-5 get some PT but he was out of position out there.

He is very athletic at the Safety spot but him at corner is asking a lot.

I do know we are thin and the coaches needed everyone ready, so this is just an observation.

Advertisement

I do know we are thin and the coaches needed everyone ready, so this is just an observation.
Rather see him out there than knowles tbh

Rather see him out there than knowles tbh

I agree, but I want to see him at Safety, not at corner

Solid stuff, but you think the OL played well?

I disagree sir.

Run blocking by the OL was the biggest weakness we had out there. There were no holes at all for most of the game. Forced us into being a one dimensional team.

Gonna be tough to match up vs VT and ND if we can't run block.

I disagree sir.

Run blocking by the OL was the biggest weakness we had out there. There were no holes at all for most of the game. Forced us into being a one dimensional team.

Our biggest weakness BY FAR was the stopping dungey scrambling and their run game in general

Advertisement

I disagree sir.

Our biggest weakness BY FAR was the stopping dungey scrambling and their run game in general

Not much we could do about that. They forced us into mostly man coverage due to the pace they ran plays. Man coverage almost impossible to shut down a running QB.

Advertisement

I disagree sir.

Not much we could do about that. They forced us into mostly man coverage due to the pace they ran plays. Man coverage almost impossible to shut down a running QB.

Redwine missed a few open field tackles against dungey cost us about 60 yards

good post but wouldn't agree that our defense was great. we made some great plays and a good volume of them but we continue to get gashed on too many important plays where we just can't get off the field. the 3rd and 25 conversion changed the entire dynamic of the game as if we get the ball and score there that game is not as close. thought we tackled a lot better today and nice to see us stop trying to run DT's off the field from the far hash getting burned 3 times in the first half for too many men on the field.

That's going to happen when they play 93 snaps. The majority of SU's plays went for an average of 2 yards or something ridiculous.

Advertisement

I disagree sir.

"Ohhhhh, now, I gets it." ~Randy Shannon

Advertisement
Back