My Post Game Recap

Those 3rd and longs, does it look like we over-blitz (if that's a thing)? I feel like we can just hang back in coverage and let the front 4 do their thing, but Diaz sends the LB and sometimes a DB after the QB. That 3 and 25 in particular, QB was throwing picks all day, why not hang back and let the DL do the pressuring? Mostly it's worked out, but I feel like Diaz tries to pressure in situations where it's not needed and sometimes hurts us.

Advertisement
Lol Jaquan Johnson was NO WHERE NEAR THE BALL TONIGHT as he was in another zip code. He took himself out of almost EVERY PLAY of the game. His tackles came late, missed a few, and couldn’t make about 50 plays because he was ALWAYS out of position. What game were you watching? Watch the game again and you will be alarmed how far he was out of position on almost every down.

Got to stop the run better. 284 on the ground today. They was solid in run defense last year.

This. Watching Notre Lame and they are running the rock. Either USCw is trash or they are legit. Run defense has to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Miami's DEFENSE played lights out, the performance of the DEFENSE was really overshadowed by all the drop balls on OFFENSE.. Reason I say that is because Miami had plenty of chances to put TDs on the board and drives were stop because of drop passes and those drives could've easily ended with points on the board and the scores are different.. Our DEFENSE caused plenty of TOs and our OFFENSE couldn't turn them into scores BUT I'm shouting out my Canes DEFENSE, you guys gave another solid performance..

Got to stop the run better. 284 on the ground today. They was solid in run defense last year.

This. Watching Notre Lame and they are running the rock. Either USCw is trash or they are legit. Run defense has to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are a running team. They are not good throwing. And usc is trash. They have looked bad all year.

Advertisement
Terrible officiating and drops kept this from being a blowout

Right.. I definitely agree, UM haters will never admit that IF Miami doesn't have all those drops the game is over much quicker.. BUT Cuse made their runs BUT our OFFENSE find ways to score we needed, "One Week at a Time"...

Need to get both offense and defense clicking at the same time it's so annoying watching defense do great just to go 3 and out on offense then to have the offense take over and score just to have the defense get gouged down the field to keep it close

The still photo really shows just how amazing that leap was.

AhmonnRichardsLeap.jpg

Watching Rosiers presser, at first I thought he was just a gamer, confident in his ability to prove he did belong at Miami as the starter. But I am starting to think this kid really thinks they can win it all, like the whole thing. I know we aren't back my many standards, but how many do we have to win before we are?

Advertisement
EL, primo...good rollup, but i'm still a little perplexed. O line in passing downs is pretty **** good, but why are we so terrible in the rush game? I get it that McDermott doesn't bend correctly since he bends at the waist instead of the knees and he loses power, but what about the other guys? I'm not savvy enough to be able to critique each O Linemen's technique to find the explanation to why we can't consistently have a running attack. I thought Darling excelled in run blocking and at guard hence, why we moved him inside. He creates next to zero push in the running game. Gauthier has been solid at center, but maybe just not strong enough? This is the most glaring deficiency we have as a team all around. If we have above average linemen play in the trenches for both passing and rushing downs, we roll in this game easy...

Advertisement
Lol Jaquan Johnson was NO WHERE NEAR THE BALL TONIGHT as he was in another zip code. He took himself out of almost EVERY PLAY of the game. His tackles came late, missed a few, and couldn’t make about 50 plays because he was ALWAYS out of position. What game were you watching? Watch the game again and you will be alarmed how far he was out of position on almost every down.

You don’t know **** about football.

EL, primo...good rollup, but i'm still a little perplexed. O line in passing downs is pretty **** good, but why are we so terrible in the rush game? I get it that McDermott doesn't bend correctly since he bends at the waist instead of the knees and he loses power, but what about the other guys? I'm not savvy enough to be able to critique each O Linemen's technique to find the explanation to why we can't consistently have a running attack. I thought Darling excelled in run blocking and at guard hence, why we moved him inside. He creates next to zero push in the running game. Gauthier has been solid at center, but maybe just not strong enough? This is the most glaring deficiency we have as a team all around. If we have above average linemen play in the trenches for both passing and rushing downs, we roll in this game easy...

You’re a great dude/poster. Thanks for your service. Cuse sold out to stop the run. We catch the ball, we roll big time. OLine played good, maybe not GREAT, but very good. Execution, that’s all it is. That simple, yes.

It won't show up in a stat sheet, but guys like OP are the reason we do have some good threads started.

View attachment 52397
Offense:
- Malik Rosier 26/43 344yds 2TD's
- Travis Homer 20att 95yds 1TD
- Chris Herndon 10rec 96yds 1TD
- Ahmmon Richards 6rec 99yds
- Jeff Thomas 2rec 61yds 1TD

480yds Total Offense.

Offense looked good on the opening drive, best it's looked since Pitt & West Va last year.
I loved going 4 & 5 Wide most of the game.

Herndon played his best game, we finally started getting him involved early.

Ahmmon played well, could've been much better had some drops & was clearly playing hobbled Really hope he gets fully healthy, we cannot afford a Walton 2.0 with him.

LOL to everyone that allowed themselves to be trolled by idiots saying JT4 isn't a playmaker.
Jeff Thomas is getting worked more into the Offense, and is becoming the Homerun hitting game breaker that most of us knew he would be.

Redzone Goaline Offense was a potential issue that many of us saw just before the season started when Richt said he didn't have the personnel to run a typical Goaline Offense, which we don't, No FB & No 2/3 TE for Max Protect. With that said, Redzone Offense hasn't been good all year, even vs Bethune & Toledo we had long drives that got right down to the 1yd line & couldn't come away with a TD. Thank God for Badgley, but that's something we gotta keep working on as an Offense.

Offense stalled again for some of the 2nd & 3rd quarter, but we made the plays when we needed to.

The Offensive Line is really doing a phenomenal job upfront, their Pass protection is A1, among the best in the ACC & Run Blocking has been great late in 4th quarters (not so much early in the game, but in crunch time the OL is killing it). St. Louis, Darling, McDermott & Gauthier have been great.

View attachment 52398

Defense: Held Dungey to just 13/41 137yds, 4INT's & 0TD's.

- Michael Pinckney 9tcks 3TFL's & 2.5sacks
- Jaquan Johnson 6tcks 1INT
- Sheldrick Redwine 6tcks
- Joseph Jackson 5tcks 1TFL
- RJ McIntosh 5tcks 5PD's
- Demetrius Jackson 4tcks 2TFL's 1INT
- Shaquille Quarterman 4tcks 1sack 1TFL
- Michael Jackson 3tcks 2INT's
- Trent Harris 3tcks .05sacks .05TFL's
- Derrick Smith 3tcks
- Anthony Moten 3tcks
- Kendrick Norton 2tcks 1TFL
- Amari Carter 2tcks
- Jhavonte Dean 2tcks

Dominant performance by the Defense with 4INT's & 4 sacks. The best game they've played since Duke. Completely shut down that passing attack, those two vaunted WR's were locked down! Ishmael only had 4rec 41yds & Phillips only had 5rec 57yds

DJack gets an INT & gets stripped lol
Don't think I've ever seen that before, but **** of a play by DJack.

Chad Thomas, Trent Harris, RJ, Moten, Bethel, Norton & JJack all played great, they routinely put pressure on Dungey & disrupted the pocket. Loved the stunts we were running with our DL, not giving their OL a chance to put a hat on them while bringing pressure & forcing Dungey out of the pocket.

Pinckney played fast & physical, he was dialed in flying all over the field & made some great plays in the backfield. Been our best LB all season. Shaq also played well, was causing pressures early on & getting after the QB.

Bandy has really shown up big time as a TF, gotta give props to Pete & D$, they been saying since last year Bandy was gonna hit the ground running & he's been nothing short of spectacular.

Derrick Smith played early & was solid in coverage, great to see Diaz give the young guys a shot, no need to keep cutting our nose off just to spite our face, by playing Knowles. Good to see Finley, Carter & Dean get some snaps too.

Mike Jack has really stepped up since the Toledo game, he's literally become our best Ballhawk.
Should've had 3INT's this game.

Malek Young put the ****** clamps down on these WR's! Ishmael & Phillips couldn't do **** against him, Best CB in the ACC! S/O to @brock lol. Having Redwine back this game made a huge difference in Pass Coverage, he's very solid in the run game as well.

Jaquan Johnson finally got a pick! He should have at least 3 or 4 on the season, but he's been our most consistent Safety, hasn't missed a single snap & has been around the ball all year.

This Defense really needs to focus on 3rd & long, we've given up some ridiculous 3rd & astronomically long plays all year. Giving up a 3rd & 25 is unacceptable, we had a 3rd & 18 vs Duke that was just baffling. Gotta be more disciplined in those situations, 3rd & anything longer than 10yds should be an automatic 4th down for this Defense.

Other than that, our Defense played its best game today. We're really hittin our stride on the Defensive side of the ball. The first half vs FSU we completely shut them down, the 2nd half vs GTech was the same thing, El Jefe done re'd up & got that straight drop not cut, fresh off the boat from Cartagena!

A dominant D would not have been gashed for 280+ on the ground and almost 6 yds per rush. It's much easier to accept that knowing the pass was shut down and their QB got his **** pushed in all day long.

Advertisement
Back