My Post Game Recap: GTech

This is what he needs to be drilled on.

I seen Ed reed speaking to him on sidelines some. He needs to get out of the high school mind set of hearing the crowd go ""ooh" thats what he is looking for. Its a killer in s.fla with our kids...alot of them...thats what they care about. fOR EXAMPLE...AND HE IS MY GUY....Nesta can make a hard tackle 16 yds down the field and get up celebrating and shimmying...and the sh*t is a FIRST DOWN. Its the mentality down here..." I laid dude out..thats a highlight going on my hudl". I dealt with it coaching high school last year and it was infuriating. Down 14 and kids talking about hudl during the game
very interesting point. Miami is a flashy/showy place, like Vegas and LA. Los Anglees probably has the same issues and may explain some things about USC. Highlights mean more than winning.

Advertisement
I didn’t want to make a separate thread but (I’m no DC or defensive guru) it feels like Kam gets asked to do A LOT in this defense

He is constantly covering receivers and slot guys

He impresses me more and more every week and he should lead the team in drills teaching angles and tackling
Our SAFETY position is the MAIN POSITION in Mannys defense.

Not sure if yall knew this but its always been like this...guess thats why he care less about the lbs.

In Mannys defense Safeties and DE'S are essential.

Kam Kinchens when recruited and committed...seemed like me and @Liberty City El were the only ones touting him hard. Always knew with him...very cerebral.

Honestly, what is the purpose of Flagg & Steed?

Manny is supposed to be a defensive guru & linebacker whisperer. Our defense sucks & our LBs are terrible, and the scheme does them no favors. What is the purpose of keeping Manny?
Steed is okay on some plays, he’s at the very least capable of moving from point A to point B...

Flagg has horrendous feet & runs like he’s in quicksand, he also routinely shoots the wrong gap.

But I agree with you, the LB’s IMO should be Keontra Smith & Chase Smith.

You should have mentioned the mighty Ragone. He had a couple huge stops on the one drive when it looked like we were about to completely collapse. ;)
I saw him. He plays very hard and is in the right position. I can see him being a coach someday. He's been in the right place every time I see him.

BUT I NEED TO SEE TAC OUT THERE!!! Don't think I saw him in the game at all.

Some big drops as well

Ya know

Typical Miami

But today was even more Miami than normal Miami
It was and I think it was at least in part because we were favored and the young guys took it too lightly, which is precisely what poorly coached young teams do.

Advertisement
Our SAFETY position is the MAIN POSITION in Mannys defense.

Not sure if yall knew this but its always been like this...guess thats why he care less about the lbs.

In Mannys defense Safeties and DE'S are essential.

Kam Kinchens when recruited and committed...seemed like me and @Liberty City El were the only ones touting him hard. Always knew with him...very cerebral.
Thanks man

Yeah I know Manny’s D puts pressure on the safeties but not sure if it’s our lack of up front pressure this year or what, but it seems ramped up

Might just be me but **** I see Kitchens in some **** spots especially with those gawd awful bltizes

Kid is the goods

3 fumbles. 2 in opponent territory.
Missed field goal
3 big drops
Gave up a defensive touchdown
Gave up a 100 yard pick 2
2 or 3 missed 4th down conversations.

The defense actually played above their average. Lack of fundamentals about cost us the game

Advertisement
very interesting point. Miami is a flashy/showy place, like Vegas and LA. Los Anglees probably has the same issues and may explain some things about USC. Highlights mean more than winning.
100 percent correct.

They likely are having the isues. Kids locally committing to USC and thinking thats all was needed to go nfl because thats what was the main goal. Its what we deal with....thats why sometime you have to mix up your recruiting and go nationally some with kids.

*This also needs to be said...me being at the game....AND IM definately not old fashioned guy......BUT

Our ****** guys on defense celebrate wayyyyyyyyy to much for my liking i mean its constant that there are multiple assistants running and telling kids to run back or get off the field or some other bullsh*t. Thats how i know Manny as a coach aint legit. There is a way to harness it but that sh*t has to be infuriating...One play i think Leonard Taylor was 2o yds down the field and GT was **** near lined up again.

Good write up. Love that we start hard now and come out of the gate with 14 halfway through Q1, but then go ice cold until the second half starts and have to score TD #4 to take the lead at the end. If we don’t fumble 3 times, this is a much more manageable game but I agree that we do play down to competition and couldn’t do so without losing the ball so much. The stats were very one sided but we gave up a ton to a terrible offense. They always have solid linemen (at least against us they play well). We also benefitted from some poor throwing and a few timely dropped passes. I’ll take the W. Can’t stand playing GTech but I like it more now that I don’t have to watch the triple option for 4 quarters. Still remember the loss in the OB when we could have taken the Coastal. I want nothing more than to dismantle teams like these, but with the current staph, I can’t imagine that we are capable. Go Canes! Hoping that these close wins look like Ls in the minds of the BOTs.
Yeah - this game would have been pretty relaxing if they hadn't started fumbling repeatedly. This was a **** happens game you just have to endure.

Also just wanted to say that I hated the rollout call on the 2 point conversion try. Feel like I've never seen that work.

Didn't see the game, so turnovers were the story on why it wasn't a solid win?

The one play that sums it up is Diaz decided to go for two after the go ahead TD to make it a 7 point game. TVD makes a bad decision (he still has things to work on) and throws a pick, but instead of it just being a failed conversion, GTs D runs it back 100 yards for two points. Multiple players could have made the tackle and all of them missed. Made it a 3 pt game.

Advertisement
I saw him. He plays very hard and is in the right position. I can see him being a coach someday. He's been in the right place every time I see him.

BUT I NEED TO SEE TAC OUT THERE!!! Don't think I saw him in the game at all.
hes on punt return...not even the kickoff unit where they have 1 or 2 walk ons in there.

Matter of fact im not even sure thats him or Hodges on punt return lol

Bro just watching the last drive again. Bailed out a couple times by the refs. Such f#cking atrocious defense. Also, I'm a little disappointed in JW. Dude had the QB dead to rights on a blitz , QB didn't even step up or move out of the way, and JW just ran right past him. They ended up with a huge completion. It was inexplicable how he missed that sack.
He did that twice.

Absolutely not. Plus, we have a trigger man, that's 75% of it.
If we go full Air Raid next year, this is a 10 win/Coastal winning offense.

The Defense has a few young pieces, but a scheme change is needed, along with a premier pass rusher, two legit LB’s & 2 cover corners added.

Probably can’t find all of those in the Portal, but we need to scour every square inch of the country until find enough players on defense that can be brought to fix the issues we have.

A new HC, with a new DC can take this roster to the ACCCG in year 1, no doubt in my mind.
(Especially with Howell leaving UNC after this season to the draft)

Advertisement

The Defense has a few young pieces, but a scheme change is needed, along with a premier pass rusher, two legit LB’s & 2 cover corners added.

Probably can’t find all of those in the Portal, but we need to scour every square inch of the country until find enough players on defense that can be brought to fix the issues we have.

A new HC, with a new DC can take this roster to the ACCCG in year 1, no doubt in my mind.
I really like the Graves kid that we have committed.

Definately need 2 lbs and a legit pass rusher...i think Deandre Johnson is back...i didnt see anything from Harvey that says he is more than just a rotation guy for us at end. We need a transfer/juco DT and to recruit Nesta back i guess.

No doubt...
One can hope, that is who we need to be (as we have seen the last 3 weeks). But, that's a different conversation for a different thread and one you have touched on. I guess we will see.

They tried it with Smith a few times.

Tackling sucks because alot of these guys on defense just arent good. They can hit 7 days a week at practice its not going to help their tackling. They arent strong, agressive, and even are lazy when in an ability to make a tackle..thats on THEM more so than coaching. Its just like with Mallory..he cant block...im sure he has been taught to block...drilled on it...but its just not in him to block well.

With James Williams...this is EXACTLY how he tackled in high school. Hes always need alot of work there with working on his leverage ansd just going for a regular tackle and wrapping guys up. Its been 10 +years of him going for big hits with no form and hitting guys and they just fall because of his size...its next level now and sometimes u just gotta get guys down.

On fumbles...Rambo might hve actually scored on his...he legitmately had NOOOOO reason to try to stop and cut back..he had the whole sideline.

Arroyo gets a quota of one catch a game...he tried to do a bit much with his 1 catch and got it ripped when he should of went down.

Rooster is loose with the ball and has been since high school..the way he runs and how he loves contact he will forever be a securing issue with the ball. I watched games in high school where he put the ball on the ground 3 times or so.
Yea I know these kids get bad habits in HS where they can get away with bumping people because they are bigger than the other kids but that doesn’t work as well in HS where everyone is bigger and stronger.But that’s where coaching comes in and I doubt we have the coaching to give them proper direction.

I don’t understand why Arroyo doesn’t get AT LEAST 5-6 targets a game even more.To me he’s as good pass catching TE as Mallory and he can block and always seems to be running open in the middle.

As far as Rooster if he gets that tag as a fumbler it’s going to haunt him going forward whether he is or he’s not cause everyone is going to be pulling at the ball constantly.But that can be corrected with good coaching or more pine.Won’t take him long to learn if he’s on the pine but I guess in his position with what’s behind him he’s not sitting for any length at least not with this staff.

I just hope we can get a competent staff in here to help teach these kids the right way of doing things before their bad habits can’t be fixed.

Thanks for the feedback as always.

LMAO!! I was dancing with him! A win is a win. As fugly as it was, I'll take it. Now go #BeatFSU #WinOneForTheIndayArthauz @IndayArtHauz #GoCanes!
Anyone got a video, tho?

And my apologies, @Liberty City El your write-ups are always great, on point and must read. I agree with a lot that you have said, we are normally on the same page on a lot of things (maybe except with this next point that I am about to bring up), but one thing caught my eye.
I saw you bring up us switching to more of a multiple with some 3-3-5, which is a good idea (if we still have a viper in Manny's non-D).... but if I'm not mistaken, some PNW P5 coach that this fanbase Is very familiar with runs a type of 3-3-5, if I'm not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong about that coach's defense. Just putting that out there.

But great write-up as always.

Advertisement
Back