My Post Game Recap: GTech

Advertisement
JW does nothing for me as the single high Mandy diaz eraser player his **** scheme relies so heavily on. A competent DC and this team is scary good with players in the right positions
The best way to use JW is similar to how Clemson used Isaiah Simmons as a multi-purpose Defender.

He’s best in coverage when he gets to roam free, but when they have him situated in a designated deep third zone it limits his effectiveness & ability to cover ground.

The right DC will turn Kam, JW & Tae into a Defensive backfield nightmare.

4 sacks and 325 yards of offense (90 below their average and our average) is a pretty decent effort - especially since they offense did them no favors. Yes, there was some busted assignments, but overall not too bad by the D. I would take it every week.

Finally, someone with some clear facts. What team wins with 4 offensive turnovers?
No one wants to read this but to win a game after being -3 on turnovers is almost unheard of. That is not coaching.

Rambo was switching hands when he was hit
Arroyo was centimeters from being down
Knighton has to be more secure but it was a hit right on the ball and it was popped up
TVD made a bad throw on the 2 point conversion attempt.

Advertisement
Good win. I give credit to the players and coaches for pulling it out. U also blame the players and coaches for keeping this game close, smh. What this team has shown me and, more importantly, should show anyone considering coaching here next year is that the cupboards are very well stocked to have early success. Yes we need lbs and corners, but this is NOT FSU post Dumbo Fisther nor any kind of rebuild. That alone should make this a very attractive job for an elite staff.

The best way to use JW is similar to how Clemson used Isaiah Simmons as a multi-purpose Defender.

He’s best in coverage when he gets to roam free, but when they have him situated in a designated deep third zone it limits his effectiveness & ability to cover ground.

The right DC will turn Kam, JW & Tae into a Defensive backfield nightmare.
JW also took some bad angles. On the TD down the sideline he has to get that guy out of bounds.
On the long run it is tough to tell whether he or Rique should ahve made the play but no one they should have been split and outrun like that.
JW also missed an easy sack late in the game.

We are giving him lots of leeway because he is a freshman and makes some great plays but he firsts has to make the routine plays.

No one wants to read this but to win a game after being -3 on turnovers is almost unheard of. That is not coaching.

Rambo was switching hands when he was hit
Arroyo was centimeters from being down
Knighton has to be more secure but it was a hit right on the ball and it was popped up
TVD made a bad throw on the 2 point conversion attempt.
4 TOs. 9 points by their D and specials. Missed FG.

Moving the ball well on all 3 drives with fumbles.

Yah the defense had issues but was not the problem today. It was 100% turnovers. Had it been a normal Diaz performance we’d have lost.

Bro just watching the last drive again. Bailed out a couple times by the refs. Such f#cking atrocious defense. Also, I'm a little disappointed in JW. Dude had the QB dead to rights on a blitz , QB didn't even step up or move out of the way, and JW just ran right past him. They ended up with a huge completion. It was inexplicable how he missed that sack.

Advertisement
I didn’t want to make a separate thread but (I’m no DC or defensive guru) it feels like Kam gets asked to do A LOT in this defense

He is constantly covering receivers and slot guys

He impresses me more and more every week and he should lead the team in drills teaching angles and tackling

No one wants to read or admit this either, but McCloud is playing well on the d-line. I wonder is this switch would ahve been made a year ago if Phillips and Roche did not both transfer. McCloud is not a world beater but it is obvious that he can use his strength and just play better as a d-end than when he had to diagnose and react as a backer. You have ot be happy for #53 and the contributions he has made this year.

4 TOs. 9 points by their D and specials. Missed FG.

Moving the ball well on all 3 drives with fumbles.
Not sure how, but the TVD 2 point conversion interception is not “technically” a turnover. Just checked the ESPN game stats and it only shows the 3 fumbles and TVD is not credited with an interception.

No one wants to read or admit this either, but McCloud is playing well on the d-line. I wonder is this switch would ahve been made a year ago if Phillips and Roche did not both transfer. McCloud is not a world beater but it is obvious that he can use his strength and just play better as a d-end than when he had to diagnose and react as a backer. You have ot be happy for #53 and the contributions he has made this year.
When was hurt, i was like ****, the one consistent DE and it’s McCloud and he gets hurt.

Never thought I would be worried when McCloud went down, but there I was lol 😂

Advertisement
When was hurt, i was like ****, the one consistent DE and it’s McCloud and he gets hurt.

Never thought I would be worried when McCloud went down, but there I was lol 😂
It feels like the year Randy (or someone) moved Sam Shields to corner from wide receiver and things just clicked.
#53 may not play in the league like Shields did but he will end his football career knowing that he was a significant contributor.

Not sure how, but the TVD 2 point conversion interception is not “technically” a turnover. Just checked the ESPN game stats and it only shows the 3 fumbles and TVD is not credited with an interception.
Interesting stat! Almost cost us the game!

Advertisement
Defense was fine today, allowed 3 explosives.
Simmons was a LB at Clemson. He dropped deep occasionally but mostly was a LB.

Liberty you know Simpson is a good DL coach, not quite sure why you keep beating that drum.

I literally gave him credit in my write up.

Advertisement
Back