My Post Game Recap: GTech

This is what he needs to be drilled on.

I seen Ed reed speaking to him on sidelines some. He needs to get out of the high school mind set of hearing the crowd go ""ooh" thats what he is looking for. Its a killer in s.fla with our kids...alot of them...thats what they care about. fOR EXAMPLE...AND HE IS MY GUY....Nesta can make a hard tackle 16 yds down the field and get up celebrating and shimmying...and the sh*t is a FIRST DOWN. Its the mentality down here..." I laid dude out..thats a highlight going on my hudl". I dealt with it coaching high school last year and it was infuriating. Down 14 and kids talking about hudl during the game
That Nesta celebrating a tackle 15yds downfield stuff kills me, that's this teams MO though. Just like breaking out that ridiculous jewelry after a TO or TD down 28 points

Advertisement
You guys are making a lot of excuses for the Defense as if they’ve been any good at all the entire season.

Gibbs almost single handedly beat us with explosive plays because the DC still hasn’t figured out how to call the proper Defense to contain vs Trap runs.

The Defense SUCKS, that’s not up for debate.
I think FSU gashes us this week, really like their two small backs, both run real hard and Travis has been vastly improved. Offense will need to score in the 30s for us to have a chance. Big test for TVD this week, FSU DL is legit.

He blitzed into the back of a lineman. If that’s the case, that was terrible play calling and execution. He left a gap wide open where Gibbs ram through, unless Flagg was supposed to fill.
If Steed was blitzing & hit his gap it’s Flagg job fill any open door…

11 pages i can't read but lets face it fumbles and bad linebacker play are the reason that game wasn't a blow out. the LB's just seem to run themselves into blocks on those big running plays.

Advertisement
I think FSU gashes us this week, really like their two small backs, both run real hard and Travis has been vastly improved. Offense will need to score in the 30s for us to have a chance. Big test for TVD this week, FSU DL is legit.
I didn’t watch their game last week, but if Travis is vastly improved, then why did they have Milton in there the entire game? Is Travis injured?

Lets not get too carried away. Is this the blowout we thought it would be back in Aug? No. Our defense took a HUGE step back so we wont be beating them 50-10 like we did last year. (or whatever the score was) But our offense is better. Way better. And people dont like to say this, but for some reason Manny just has their number defensively. FSU has scored 10 points the last 2 outings. And their offense isnt any better than it was last year pound for pound. So while we shouldnt sleep walk through this game, we are the superior team and should perform accordingly.

Advertisement
Has Travis learned how to complete a forward pass yet?
May not need to ..the flats are always open in Manny's cover 3 defense.

Thats exactly how Gibbs got us late in the game as well....Keontra Smith was high tailing trying to get out to the wide *** field of grass in the flats and he ran an angle route with NO ONE in the middle of the field near him.. i think it was the play James loafed on a blitz to sack simms.

Roster management is going to be an issued : we lost quite a few players already, and more to come " Holly, 2 Williams, Nesta probably booking, Ford, Johnson, Mccloud, @ Lb's you lost Jennings, and probably 3 or 4 more, at CB. Ivey gone, Blades ? Dunston moved to safety: defense looks like a mess outside of safety

Advertisement
Steed and Flagg shooting wrong gap?

Lol...I was told they are in the lineup because they don't shoot wrong gaps?

They obviously aren't better athletes than the kids behind them who are going to miss all these gaps when they get on the field.

I'll take the win, but this game was *** cheeks!!! It never should have been this close.

Lashlle looks like a fool calling the same running plays out of shotgun on 3rd and 4th down (twice) less than a yard to go out of shotgun. Just pure stupidity!!! Didn't learn his lesson from the Pitt game.

Get TVD under center and run QB sneak!!! PERIOD!!!
Yea the short yardage stuff was bad but otherwise there's not much to complain about re: Lashlee the last few games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back