My pitch to Flowe.

Advertisement
He would be a stud in any system but Mannys defense would be a great fit for this kid. We can be undisciplined at times on defense but we play with tons of agression. Flowe would be killing guys with how often he would be coming on blitzes.
He would start day 1. Kid is a stud.

20191110_084330.jpg

Advertisement
It’s embarrassing that we think we have a chance at this kid.

I don’t care what any insiders say.

He’s not coming here.

I pray to God this thread gets bumped and I get dunked on, but we know how this is going to turn out.
No reason to think otherwise.

And I’ll throw in we’re going to take your brother as well what you tryna do

Add one more. You will start at LB versus Al
Terrible pitch. stick to your day job. That wreaks of a desperation and is begging.

If you want to close someone you make it about them and show them how you can get them to their ultimate desire. You telling a guy he can reach his goals wherever he goes doesn’t help your cause. If you want to close this kid you’ve got convince him that the ONLY place that can give him everything IS MIAMI. No one wants to be in a one sided relationship.

1st thing you gotta figure out is what is his true desire. He wants to make the NFL cool, but why? Is it for money, is it for fame, is it to move his mom out the hood. Does he just love football so much that nothing else matters and it’s purely for the game?

2nd figure out his fears in general and his fears related to the U.

then you make a pitch. But in no way shape or form should any aspect of that pitch be “think of what you can do for Miami”

You want to talk depth chart make it about him and tell him what that means.

i.e. we have a favorable depth. Which means for you that you’ll have an opportunity to play right away. Which means you’ll have a chance to make freshman all American and rookie of the year. That means you’ll be a preseason all American and watch list player moving forward in your career. Players who are freshman all American have better odds becoming all Americans over players who don’t make freshmen all america. Players who are all American get draft % higher than those who don’t. Being a freshman all American is crucial to your goal to getting to the NFL. And Miami is the only place that can get you those snaps.

He will have stopped listening after 5 mins💤

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So was this just a courtesy visit?
Don’t get your hopes up high kid. We will end up with another Romeo Davis type of lb and try to convince ourselves he will be the next Khalil Mack. The last great lb we got from Cali was DJ Williams and we had Butchh as our coach who was a recruiting machine. Let’s hope Mannyproves me wrong because I am tired of being mediocre.

Advertisement
Back