My optimistic prediction

Always good to be optimistic and predict a 12-0. 11-1, or 10-2 season (you will have a lot of friends on this message board —- and no, I am not saying that is why people make these predictions).

However, in the “I hope I’m wrong” department, my prediction for this season is 8-4 with 4 of the losses among UF, FSU, VT, Virginia, and Pitt.

I also predict / hope that Robert Burns has a breakout season.

Advertisement
I watched all of Florida’s games on YouTube. I don’t see it.

UF is overrated but Mullen is a big game coach.

Franks is legit talented, though not a superstar, and played well at the end of last season.

Their OL situation helps but when you consider we are throwing in a new QB who’s never played, into an unfriendly environment, with our own OL issues and a brand new offense to boot.

I just don’t see us overcoming that.

You had me until you said deducting Richt was only worth 1 win minimum. Don't even get me started on the number of games he ****ed away during his short time here. He left without holding us hostage on the buyout so I'll refrain from going into details out of respect.

but every loss, was it worth the price of the IPF?

Advertisement

Franks is legit talented, though not a superstar, and played well at the end of last season.

Their OL situation helps but when you consider we are throwing in a new QB who’s never played, into an unfriendly environment, with our own OL issues and a brand new offense to boot.

Mullet a big game coach?
The same coach who is 10-33 against top 10 opponents a big game coach???
Nah, this is a toss-up with the libra scale leaning more towards our way.

Always good to be optimistic and predict a 12-0. 11-1, or 10-2 season (you will have a lot of friends on this message board —- and no, I am not saying that is why people make these predictions).

However, in the “I hope I’m wrong” department, my prediction for this season is 8-4 with 4 of the losses among UF, FSU, VT, Virginia, and Pitt.

Some will undoubtedly say that since this is Manny's 1st year that 8-4 would be acceptable. WRONG!!!!!!! I don't care what year he is in. If Diaz loses to 4 out of the 5 teams you mentioned with the sheer amount of talent on this team, he should be immediately put in a witness protection program.

Advertisement

Bartender, I’ll have what this guy is having because it should only take one.

Some of y’all are just delusional. I pretty much agree with OP. We have the talent to go 12-0 but let’s be real here. It’s like you guys have completely forgot about our recent history. Stuff like 10-2 would be a flop and if we lose to team X I’ll fly the plane myself in Manny’s first year as a HC is beyond ridiculous but carry on.

Advertisement
Nope, but this is #TNM...I am buying what Manny and the staff is selling, and I feel like we have the horses to have a really good season. Sure, we may drop the opener based on all the intangibles that go into breaking in a new staff, offensive scheme, etc...but losing to Free Shoes and Willie the Clown?!? **** no, unacceptable.

That’s great that you are sold on a slogan before the season starts, but lets not forget that we have been sold slogans here long before a coach has a single game on the field.

My only concern is fans with lofty expectations pre season, suddenly gassing up the banner plane when we drop games we shouldn't. Clemson wasn't built in a season.

If we beat Florida, where do we lose? If we beat Florida we are a humming machine that will only improve as the season goes on.

Very interesting thought here , we win next Saturday night on a nationally televised audience against a highly ranked team at a NON neutral site with about as much pressure as any on every position including coaching staff.

IMHO I cannot help but feel we run the table this team will become a Juggernaut , knowing we went to a hostile stadium opponents home field (make no mistake it IS) and win against everything possible that will be thrown at us and please do NOT forget home-field refereeing.

We will score with a quick tempo attack everyone of our play-makers will be in play here the unknown playbook will be wide openly used here , JT4 close to 150-200 all purpose yards.

Our D front seven WINS this for us with relentless wear down pressure with FOUR plus sacks and turnover chain is let out wins field position game and rattles them constantly.

JW will also be hit hard and harassed this will be there #1 chalk board plan rattle JW ASAP BLITZ BLITZ , CORNER BLITZ don't let him get in a zone.

But this will be there down fall JT4 territory to shine.

Superior reads and check offs for JW Enos in play.

Again our D will be LETHAL and abusive all game long.

Miami 33
opponent 20

Last edited:
Exactly! If posters are going to outsmart themselves picking random games that Miami “drops” then they should be able to say which games, Because Beason got a lot of Flack for picking UF when there’s a bunch of folks on this site who are also privately picking UF and FSU, too. You’re not “approaching this narrowly”, you’re seeing right through the cowardice. Make them pick the teams and they’ll pick the occupants of Gainesville and Tallahassee.

- with a bye week to prepare Miami loses to UNC? A week after they play the Gamecocks? LMAO!
- with a bye week to prepare Miami loses to VT? At home? A week after they play Duke?

This is tripping over yourself not to say UF or FSU. Just say it. “… eye more closely”? smh. (It’s kind of weird to name UF after picking Miami)

Yeah man we totally haven’t blown 2+ random games every year over the last 15 years so OP must have lost his GOT **** mind.

We got SWAG bro!

Advertisement
That’s great that you are sold on a slogan before the season starts, but lets not forget that we have been sold slogans here long before a coach has a single game on the field.

My only concern is fans with lofty expectations pre season, suddenly gassing up the banner plane when we drop games we shouldn't. Clemson wasn't built in a season.

Sooner or later fans like yourself have to be willing to leave the past 15+ yrs behind, and accept the FACT that in this sport what has transpired previously is not always a great predictor of future events. The bottom line is TNM is not simply a slogan-if you think that then you really haven't been paying close enough attention. Every morning fans like yourself take a monster sized deuce in the toilet, and proceed to flush afterwards: why can't you also do that with the past 15+ yrs of MIA Hurricanes Football??

Last edited:
(c) no real DB dropoff with Hall stepping up

This is a very optimistic statement. Aside from Jaquan, who was our most reliable tackler in years and just an amazing player, we have to replace a 2 year starter (redwine) and a pretty solid CB (MJ).

Hall’s potential is enormous, but I don’t expect him to be JJ year 1. Can Carter and Ivey/Blades match the production of redwine/MJ? Maybe, but it’s not a given as much as you suggest, imo.

Bandy should be a 1st team all conference type, maybe the best CB we’ve had in several years. Probably my favorite player on this year’s roster.

The other guys - especially the safetys - I’m gonna need to see it on the field first.

This is a very optimistic statement. Aside from Jaquan, who was our most reliable tackler in years and just an amazing player, we have to replace a 2 year starter (redwine) and a pretty solid CB (MJ).

Hall’s potential is enormous, but I don’t expect him to be JJ year 1. Can Carter and Ivey/Blades match the production of redwine/MJ? Maybe, but it’s not a given as much as you suggest, imo.

Bandy should be a 1st team all conference type, maybe the best CB we’ve had in several years. Probably my favorite player on this year’s roster.

The other guys - especially the safetys - I’m gonna need to see it on the field first.

Agree with Scranton, think we’re fine at corner, but Safety is my biggest concern not involving the OL or QB. Our scheme puts a lot of reliance on those guys. And while I’m optimistic about the Safety roster depth, it is very unproven.

Advertisement
Back