My optimistic prediction

Teams that should win, don't always win in college football. It happens every year. We are more talented than any team on our schedule except maybe UF, but 19-20 year olds tend to lack consistency. So at some point in a 5 month stretch, our guys aren't gonna have their best stuff. So yea we will probably drop 1-2 games that we shouldn't.

We win 9-10 games and play for the ACC Champoinship

Advertisement
while I don't expect it to happen, we should not drop a game during the regular season point blank.

we're not playing clemson, fsu is down, nc state and all the other mid level ACC teams are no threat. Virginia because of bronco's coaching is the only game that on paper should be a toss up.

but again, manny's first season and i'm not expecting much.

Sooner or later fans like yourself have to be willing to leave the past 15+ yrs behind, and accept the FACT that in this sport what has transpired previously is not always a great predictor of future events. The bottom line is TNM is not simply a slogan-if you think that then you really haven't been paying close enough attention. Every morning fans like yourself take a monster sized deuce in the toilet, and proceed to flush afterwards: why can't you also do that with the past 15+ yrs of MIA Hurricanes Football??

Because a season of proof is what I need. Is that really so much to ask? You mean to tell me if someone shows up to your door and slaps you in the face every November, you would just take their word they wouldn't do it this year? FOH.

That’s great that you are sold on a slogan before the season starts, but lets not forget that we have been sold slogans here long before a coach has a single game on the field.

My only concern is fans with lofty expectations pre season, suddenly gassing up the banner plane when we drop games we shouldn't. Clemson wasn't built in a season.

10-2 with the Coastal and beating one of two from UF/FSU should be very attainable. Again, the whole coaching staff was not overhauled. We have the same defensive coaches for the most part. Now, the whole Offense got overhauled from the crew that ranked 108th in the FBS last season. We can only go up

Advertisement
This is how I see it. In 2017 Rosier was a first year starter, every defensive back was a first year starter, linebackers were true sophomores, our oline was not very talented, our best offensive weapons (Richards and Walton) got hurt early in the season, Richt was our OC and we still won our first 10 games of the season, including at FSU with Jimbo as there coach. I don’t see why we can’t expect to win 10 or 11 games this year. ****, why not just run the table in the regular season?

Objectively, the only game this team "should lose" is the UF game, and that's only based on the way they finished last season vs. the way Miami finished last season.

It is a weak schedule, but then again, we've never seen a Miami team not take a crap against at least 1-2 garbage ACC teams it has no business losing to. I could see this team beating UF, then further down the road, with the usual grind of injuries and the lack of focus from not getting up for teams like Pitt and UNC, losing those games. Especially freaking Chapel Hill, I don't know what it is about that place, but I feel like whenever Miami travels there, it completely forgets how to play the game of football, AND always ends up getting the business from ACC refs.

Agreed, Chapel Hill will be a tough matchup if only due to that wild old man Mack Brown, it’s our first tour road game out of the state, and we all know how the ACC refs love giving Miami the business. We’ll need to utilize the bye week we’ll and prepare and plan to execute right out of the gate, take what little of a home crowd they will have out of the game, and score early and often.

Advertisement
Imagine being such an absurd homer that you get angry when someone predicts a two-loss season after going 7-6 the year prior. This is college football, and we’re playing with a new QB, new OC and a new HC.

*and 2 new OTs who haven’t played a lick.

Advertisement
Sooner or later fans like yourself have to be willing to leave the past 15+ yrs behind, and accept the FACT that in this sport what has transpired previously is not always a great predictor of future events. The bottom line is TNM is not simply a slogan-if you think that then you really haven't been paying close enough attention. Every morning fans like yourself take a monster sized deuce in the toilet, and proceed to flush afterwards: why can't you also do that with the past 15+ yrs of MIA Hurricanes Football??

Because of moments like now. Some of us learn from history and don't want to repeat it. I didn't get my hopes up about this game like most of CIS, and those that did are already lighting their torches for Enos and Diaz.

This is why people are jumping off ledges today. This was an unwarranted expectation.
That was a VERY winnable game. Not at all unwarranted. Florida is not a top 10 team. Over 100 yards in penalties and 10 sacks is ridiculous

Advertisement
That was a VERY winnable game. Not at all unwarranted. Florida is not a top 10 team. Over 100 yards in penalties and 10 sacks is ridiculous

Every team on the schedule is "winnable" it just won't happen. We aren't there.

10-2 with the Coastal and beating one of two from UF/FSU should be very attainable. Again, the whole coaching staff was not overhauled. We have the same defensive coaches for the most part. Now, the whole Offense got overhauled from the crew that ranked 108th in the FBS last season. We can only go up
Any more predictions?

Look no further as to how we are in an endless deja vu. Two years ago, the same things were being said: these players have a different mindset, enos (insert other name here) is a huge upgrade, our young bucks have so much more talent than our current starters or upperclassmen, etc. it’s laughable...

Advertisement
Back