My optimistic prediction

Ethnicsands

All-American
(Mods, combine with another thread if there’s a place to stuff this)

Our big questions/risks:

1. OTs
2. 4th CB
3. Injuries to Bandy, Shaq, Ford or a starting OL

I didn’t list QB because I expect JW to get it done and if he doesn’t, Enos will get one of the other guys there.

On D, I think we are good save my depth concern and defending 4 WR sets. If Ford is as rumored from a good camp, we may be better than last year because (a) DE depth and pressure; (b) good senior LBs; (c) no real DB dropoff with Hall stepping up; and (4) a competent OC.

On O, it’s going to take some time and maybe luck, but IMO Enos is our best OC in ages, and we have very good talent at TE, WR, RB. Fingers crossed JW steps up and OL is okay.

UF opener: 24 - 17 Miami.

Season: 10-2

Deducting Richt is worth a game minimum, adding Enos is also. Schedule isn’t tough.

Advertisement

Our big questions/risks:

1. OTs
2. 4th CB

I didn’t list QB because I expect JW to get it done and if he doesn’t, Enos will get one of the other guys there.

On D, I think we are good save my depth concern and defending 4 WR sets. If Ford is as rumored from a good camp, we may be better than last year because (a) DE depth and pressure; (b) good senior LBs; (c) no real DB dropoff with Hall stepping up; and (4) a competent OC.

On O, it’s going to take some time and maybe luck, but IMO Enos is our best OC in ages, and we have very good talent at TE, WR, RB. Fingers crossed JW steps up and OL is okay.

Deducting Richt is worth a game minimum, adding Enos is also. Schedule isn’t tough.
So we beat the Turds, but then lose to 2 coastal opponents?!? Name them Sir

So we beat the Turds, but then lose to 2 coastal opponents?!? Name them Sir
You are approaching this too narrowly. I predicted Florida will be close. I predicted we drop 2 games. We could blow our opener. We could drop a game or two we shouldn’t. UF, at NC, VT, at FSU look like the ones to eye most closely. We aren’t anywhere near a place where we should assume we don’t drop a **** somewhere. I am optimistic, but not drunk.

Our big questions/risks:

1. OTs
2. 4th CB

You may catch some flack but if people look objectively this is a good take. Nice thought

Advertisement

Our big questions/risks:

1. OTs
2. 4th CB

10 wins RS qb I'll take that all day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You are approaching this too narrowly. I predicted Florida will be close. I predicted we drop 2 games. We could blow our opener. We could drop a game or two we shouldn’t. UF, at NC, VT, at FSU look like the ones to eye most closely. We aren’t anywhere near a place where we should assume we don’t drop a **** somewhere. I am optimistic, but not drunk.
If Manny somehow finds a way to lose a team that won 2 games last year, being coached by the zombified corpse of Mack Brown, coming off a bye week... I'll fly the plane myself.

Bro, I don't know about you, but if we lose to both UF & FSU in the same season and finish 10-2, I would still consider this season a flop. You can't lose to all of your rivals, this isn't the U of M (Wolverines), this is The U

Advertisement

Our big questions/risks:

1. OTs
2. 4th CB

If MIA is able to beat UF, there is a high probability that MIA will go 11-1 during the season, with the most likely loss occurring against either FSU or Pitt. After playing 3 consecutive home ACC coastal games, MIA will then have to play back to back road games against FSU & Pitt. If we know anything about college football is that one of the hardest things to do is win conference games on the road. This is how a team like Purdue is able to BLOW OUT OSU last yr @ home.

Last edited:
Bro, I don't know about you, but if we lose to both UF & FSU in the same season and finish 10-2, I would still consider this season a flop. You can't lose to all of your rivals, this isn't the U of M (Wolverines), this is The U
If we lose to both those ****ers, I agree it’s not a success no matter if those are our only losses.

I do not expect we will lose to both. Hoping we beat them both.

We should be able to beat FSU, but those games are always close.

Don’t act like you never saw a Canes season before. Did you seriously predict we would lose all those ACC games last year?
Nope, but this is #TNM...I am buying what Manny and the staff is selling, and I feel like we have the horses to have a really good season. Sure, we may drop the opener based on all the intangibles that go into breaking in a new staff, offensive scheme, etc...but losing to Free Shoes and Willie the Clown?!? **** no, unacceptable.

Advertisement
Back