My optimistic prediction

Advertisement
Objectively, the only game this team "should lose" is the UF game, and that's only based on the way they finished last season vs. the way Miami finished last season.

It is a weak schedule, but then again, we've never seen a Miami team not take a crap against at least 1-2 garbage ACC teams it has no business losing to. I could see this team beating UF, then further down the road, with the usual grind of injuries and the lack of focus from not getting up for teams like Pitt and UNC, losing those games. Especially freaking Chapel Hill, I don't know what it is about that place, but I feel like whenever Miami travels there, it completely forgets how to play the game of football, AND always ends up getting the business from ACC refs.

Game plan for Florida should be run, run, screen passes, and short tight end passes over the middle. Florida's pass rush is very good. Don't kid yourself about Franks who is mobile and can throw the ball. The game should be decided if we can constantly put pressure on him and force turnovers. I hold h the thought process that this is a MUST WIN for UM to regain momentum in recruiting, prominence in the college ranks, and confidence in the program.

Advertisement
I feel good about our matchup w UF only b/c of an ex factor we haven’t really talked about; Díaz being Mullen’s former DC on two separate occasions.

I’m sure Díaz is fairly familiar w/ how Mullen’s O operates, including some gimmick plays. Now the Turds can say well, Mullen knows Diaz’s defense, as well. Problem is, this ain’t Diaz’s defense; it’s Baker’s defense which is a different variation of Diaz’s defensive philosophy.

If we beat UF, a top 10 team, I see Miami’s confidence go through the roof.

If we beat Florida, where do we lose? If we beat Florida we are a humming machine that will only improve as the season goes on.
I definitely agree that's what it should be, but our track record over the last decade and a half says the opposite.

Some of y’all are just delusional. I pretty much agree with OP. We have the talent to go 12-0 but let’s be real here. It’s like you guys have completely forgot about our recent history. Stuff like 10-2 would be a flop and if we lose to team X I’ll fly the plane myself in Manny’s first year as a HC is beyond ridiculous but carry on.
Forget recent history, our average age on offense isn't old enough to drive. You can't have the same type of expectation as Clemson and Alabama when you're this young. I get that the schedule's weak, but we're young at critical positions, breaking in a new scheme, and are dealing with a first time starting QB. You can almost guarantee that there will be a few games where it'll be difficult to overcome all that.

This is not our reality anymore.... adjust expectations accordingly. Don’t forget where we were offensively last year. Even a slight improvement we should be in for a big season

Advertisement
ES, I'm curious as to why you are so bullish on Enos. I'm keeping an open mind but did not like the hire initially because he's not really a true spread guy and his best years came when he had a great OL at Arkansas which he will not have here (at least initially). I'm optimistic that the offense will be better than the **** show we saw last year, but that's a pretty low bar.

It’s kinda impossible to do these projection threads, because all not records are created equal. Every 9-3, for example, is not the same.

But I think for this season to be considered a success, we have to win the coastal, win at least 9 games, and beat at least 1 of UF or FSU. If we do all 3 of those things, I don’t think really anything can derail this from being a successful season.

9-3 or better and in Charlotte and anything other than 0-2 vs the little brothers. Not gonna be able to find too much negativity in that.

Don’t act like you never saw a Canes season before. Did you seriously predict we would lose all those ACC games last year?
We are always good for pulling a Pitt performance out of our *** when when we least need it. So folks just get amnesia?

If you are saying 9-3 I am assuming 2 ACC losses. Any ACC losses other than FSU then requires help for us to advance to the ACC championship. 10-2 and we could be staying home.....

Advertisement
I don’t like predicting... and I don’t like tarot cards, crystal balls, Cleo or Walter Mercado. But somebody here says we’re going 8-4... wtf!
If we were 7-6 last year with an anemic offense, then after adding a good OC, a defense that will be better than last years, a SC coach that’s getting the players in great shape, a punter that can actually punt, Manny as a HC which should be an improvement, a qb with an arm and better skills than Rosier, and some other improvements that come from TNM... then how in the fvck do we only improve by one win this year??? Child Please!

ES, I'm curious as to why you are so bullish on Enos. I'm keeping an open mind but did not like the hire initially because he's not really a true spread guy and his best years came when he had a great OL at Arkansas which he will not have here (at least initially). I'm optimistic that the offense will be better than the **** show we saw last year, but that's a pretty low bar.
When has miami ever been a true spread team? Enos will incorporate several different personnel groupings and run in his words a “spread coast” offense. The offense is going to be MUCH better than last year, just watch

Advertisement
So we beat the Turds, but then lose to 2 coastal opponents?!? Name them Sir

HIs point is valid as Miami always finds a way to choke away an ACC game to someone it shouldn't.

Did anyone see that 10-0 team in 2017 losing to a 4-7 Pittsburgh doormat?

Miami had no business losing to Virginia, Duke or Georgia Tech last year. (Boston College was circled as a road Friday night upset by many.)

The Canes haven't consistently learned to win and take care of business week-in and week-out. That should change under Diaz, but until then—hardly far fetched to think Miami can steal the opener, but still **** away two conference games.

Virginia on a short week (Friday night) at home after playing Virginia Tech—quirky timing. At Pittsburgh and at Florida State back-to-back later in year, too.

I am not going to make a prediction on our record because there's so many variables (injuries, targeting suspensions,crazy weather during Hurricane season that may cancel games etc.)

I will say I am optimistic that we can make it to the ACC Championship with a chance at the playoffs. Especially since our Offense and Special Teams should be much better than last season.

When has miami ever been a true spread team? Enos will incorporate several different personnel groupings and run in his words a “spread coast” offense. The offense is going to be MUCH better than last year, just watch
Well that was the point. I wanted to see Miami evolve into a spread team. But like I said in my previous post, I'm taking a wait and see approach with Enos.

Well that was the point. I wanted to see Miami evolve into a spread team. But like I said in my previous post, I'm taking a wait and see approach with Enos.
Something that should help with your concerns and encourage you a bit is that Enos has a proven track record of knowing how to utilize TE's and get the most out of that position.
In one of his very first interviews he emphasized how at Arkansas they used multiple TE sets about 60% of the time.
And let met tell you , from what I have seen on film he used them in many different ways to his advantage.

With our talent at that position I pretty much think we can be an elite offense with him and his game planning by year's end. Hopefully sooner than that but of course there will be growing pains.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back