MLB Gaines Northrup HS/JUCO
WLB Perryman Buchanon Paul Burgess

CB McGee Rodgers Payne Dortch
FS Telemaque Amstrong Swasey Cornelius
SS JUCO Highsmith Crawford Jenkins
CB Grimes Leggett Jean-Louis Hope
NB Finnie Davis

Advertisement
I haven't seen it yet with Grimble. I want to believe, but I gotta see something.

Advertisement
If Buchannan is back healthy I see him starting at Sam with Perryman at Will.

Buchanon is light for SAM, we'll have the same problems we had with Spence there, only worse. Our best case scenario is either Kirby or Northrup showing out in spring ball and taking that position.

So you got Buchannon, a senior backing up Perryman at WLB? He was our starting Sam before he went down. What makes you think he doesn't go back there?

So you got Buchannon, a senior backing up Perryman at WLB? He was our starting Sam before he went down. What makes you think he doesn't go back there?

Perryman's play combined with the fact that Buchanon's injury will probably prevent him from being able to handle heavy snaps. I bet you'll see a lot of Perryman and Buchanon in nickel situations, but very little of Buchanon in a 4-3 or 3-4 set.

He went out in week 4, that's pretty early in the season. He should be good to go by training camp. On a team that is desperate for leadership, I don't know how you don't start him if he's healthy. Perryman will be our best playmaker out there, and you will see him step in for Spence at will and will slide over to mlb at times.

Advertisement
I would kill for 9-3 next year with that depth chart. Maybe I'm setting my sights high maybe low. But VT and FSU come into Miami, and we go to KSU. Yep, 9-3.

I don't think Goldens depth chart will match yours at all, especially on Defense. I also don't see Morris beating out Williams.

I don't think Goldens depth chart will match yours at all, especially on Defense. I also don't see Morris beating out Williams.

How can anyone not see Morris beating out Williams when no one here has seen Williams at all? Worst case should be a toss up.

How can anyone not see Morris beating out Williams when no one here has seen Williams at all? Worst case should be a toss up.
Morris, from all accounts, has set the bar high for Williams to catch him. Just sayin. If Williams beats him out, he'll have to earn it.

Advertisement
You do realize that armstrong and telemaque were strong safeties this year, right? What makes you think either of them flip to free (particularly RRA who would be terrible at FS)?

You do realize that armstrong and telemaque were strong safeties this year, right? What makes you think either of them flip to free (particularly RRA who would be terrible at FS)?

Wow, I didn't even notice that. C'mon buddy, RRA at FS? He's arguably the worst defender in coverage.

Advertisement
I have been saying it for months. I am being dead serious, not trying to bash anyone, but Morris doesn't have the mental aspect of the game down. He does not command the field. He does not know what he needs to know. Our playbook is, and should be huge next year. Williams from everything I have heard "gets it". Just cause you know nothing about him doesn't mean anything. Williams can make good throws too. From what I have heard he is a student of the game. Idolizes Dorsey, and has the same work ethic.

You want to know more about him? He is a pretty big guy too. Definitely a pro style QB. Beat out two sophomores as a true frosh. Was on a team that lost all their leading WR's and RB's. Their best returning WR was like 150 lbs, and either was not used or injured. So they were starting from scratch, with crappy players. He had no run support. If you thought our running game was bad, Memphis had the same carries, and produced 650 less yards, and 13 less TD's. With all the problems the team had he still managed to beat Morris in QB rating this year and last.

What does this all mean? To me it means he has a legit shot. When he starts throwing to Streeter, Hurns, Dorset, Clements, and supporting cast, people who can actually catch and burn you, with a run game to rely on, an experienced offensive line. Then you will see what he can do. This kid has heart. Works his *** off. Can't wait until he gets a chance.

But if I am wrong so be it. That only means that Morris has stepped up his game, but I am really sure the praise he got last year in spring, fall camp, and this year is just to keep Morris from transferring. He is a solid back-up, IMO.

I don't doubt he has a legit shot. But the recent talk about morris from the staff has been it finally clicked for him and he's really improved. And Morris has a very good arm. I think it's a legitimately open competition. I just think someone saying one guy or the other can't win it, or is highly unlikely to, seems hard to understand.

Advertisement
Back