Muschamp

I’m not assuming anything. To start, I’m hoping that Manny is assuming that bc what he’s been doing isn’t working. Then, his assumption better be right. He should have hired a DC. He didn’t so I can only hope this works. If not, he’ll be gone in a year.

I wasn’t saying you, bro; I said “we’re”, b/c we’ve (C.I.S) said the CB “will” be turned around under his watch.

Advertisement
We’re assuming this about TRob. Fact is, we’ve never seen TRob w/o Muschamp, and we continue to see TRob in the UF light. Truth be told, TRob has been hella unimpressive since 2015, and completely nuclear the last 2 yrs. So we’re banking on him getting back to that UF period from like ‘11-14.
Just out of curiousity, what are you evaluating him on the basis of?

Just out of curiousity, what are you evaluating him on the basis of?

2015-20: His stint at Auburn, and his last 2 yrs at USCe. I also brought out his rep as a recruiter in another thread. Since leaving UF, he’s been average to mediocre. And with this being his first time w/o Muschamp at the P5 level, I’m just wondering which version r we getting? Was Auburn - USCe an anomaly or was UF thee anomaly?

That’s why I asked the ? in another thread for those who r familiar w/ him, how good is he really. I know SCe fans don’t particularly care for him.

Rashad Fenton, Carlton Davis and Jaycee Horn is not "average to mediocre." Two south Florida players who flew under the radar until they were rising seniors, and a pro bowler's kid. Flipped Horn from Tennessee and Davis from Ohio State. Trob is exactly what Miami needs

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Rashad Fenton, Carlton Davis and Jaycee Horn is not "average to mediocre." Two south Florida players who flew under the radar until they were rising seniors, and a pro bowler's kid. Flipped Horn from Tennessee and Davis from Ohio State. Trob is exactly what Miami needs
This. He wasn’t as good as he was at UF but South Carolina is not going to have the same pull anyways as UF did either in state or nationally and he still got really good kids there. His dc work should not be confused with his db recruiting and development ability.

We’re assuming this about TRob. Fact is, we’ve never seen TRob w/o Muschamp, and we continue to see TRob in the UF light. Truth be told, TRob has been hella unimpressive since 2015, and completely nuclear the last 2 yrs. So we’re banking on him getting back to that UF period from like ‘11-14.
That’s the same type of bank we’d be going to for Strong.... his bank has been closed for a few years

Advertisement
2015-20: His stint at Auburn, and his last 2 yrs at USCe. I also brought out his rep as a recruiter in another thread. Since leaving UF, he’s been average to mediocre. And with this being his first time w/o Muschamp at the P5 level, I’m just wondering which version r we getting? Was Auburn - USCe an anomaly or was UF thee anomaly?

That’s why I asked the ? in another thread for those who r familiar w/ him, how good is he really. I know SCe fans don’t particularly care for him.
Multiple guys in the league and two guys headed to be high draft picks this year. I don’t think it’s fair to compare the type of recruits that you can pull at UF to SCar, but he developed Horn and Israel into studs and still has been the lead recruiter on guys like Jordan Burch and Jamyest Williams too. Jammie Robinson just mad All SEC frosh team this season as well.

I’m not sure what part of his recruiting history is average so to speak. He’s evaluating and hitting on NFL guys regularly and also landing the blue chippers at a school like SCar, largely recruiting OOS.

Multiple guys in the league and two guys headed to be high draft picks this year. I don’t think it’s fair to compare the type of recruits that you can pull at UF to SCar, but he developed Horn and Israel into studs and still has been the lead recruiter on guys like Jordan Burch and Jamyest Williams too. Jammie Robinson just mad All SEC frosh team this season as well.

I’m not sure what part of his recruiting history is average so to speak. He’s evaluating and hitting on NFL guys regularly and also landing the blue chippers at a school like SCar, largely recruiting OOS.

I mentioned how his recruiting ranking slipped when he went to Auburn - South Carolina. And I feel u; again, that’s why I asked the question. USCe fans didn’t think very highly of him, but that could be him as a DC v. a CB/DB coach.

I mentioned how his recruiting ranking slipped when he went to Auburn - South Carolina. And I feel u; again, that’s why I asked the question. USCe fans didn’t think very highly of him, but that could be him as a DC v. a CB/DB coach.

On the one pic with all the guys he coached, I know one of them personally. As soon as I heard we hired him and saw that pic I reached out because frankly I didn't know much about him, his exact words back to me "he's dope. one of the best CB coaches I had and still sends me tips, a lot of his former players keep in touch just for his coaching"

This guy has been in the NFL for a few years so while fans maybe didn't think a lot of him, his former players do which I think holds water, not to mention CB recruiting couldn't be MUCH worse so anything is likely an improvement.

Also USCe is just a dumpster fire. Any decent recruit in the area is likely poached by Clemson or UGA, Auburn always has a decent recruiting class... the last few years USCe is ranked 88, 19, 21, 18, 21, and 25. Auburn was 48, 7, 11, 12, 9, and 9.

Its like when a coach/recruiter leaves Bama, their recruiting rank slips a little because they can't pitch Bama anymore. I am excited for Trob because he has shown the ability to ID and get the under the radar S.Fla kids. Is it still going to be a struggle keeping the 5* CB's home? Of course, we get poached every year, but my hope is in the event we miss, Trob can bring in some of these lower rated local studs who blossom late instead of last min hail mary's

On the one pic with all the guys he coached, I know one of them personally. As soon as I heard we hired him and saw that pic I reached out because frankly I didn't know much about him, his exact words back to me "he's dope. one of the best CB coaches I had and still sends me tips, a lot of his former players keep in touch just for his coaching"

This guy has been in the NFL for a few years so while fans maybe didn't think a lot of him, his former players do which I think holds water, not to mention CB recruiting couldn't be MUCH worse so anything is likely an improvement.

Also USCe is just a dumpster fire. Any decent recruit in the area is likely poached by Clemson or UGA, Auburn always has a decent recruiting class... the last few years USCe is ranked 88, 19, 21, 18, 21, and 25. Auburn was 48, 7, 11, 12, 9, and 9.

Its like when a coach/recruiter leaves Bama, their recruiting rank slips a little because they can't pitch Bama anymore. I am excited for Trob because he has shown the ability to ID and get the under the radar S.Fla kids. Is it still going to be a struggle keeping the 5* CB's home? Of course, we get poached every year, but my hope is in the event we miss, Trob can bring in some of these lower rated local studs who blossom late instead of last min hail mary's

Appreciate you providing this!

Advertisement
Gotcha, yea the South Carolina fans prob have more critiques as DC. He was one of their best recruiters and their team was a lower tier SEC squad. Both of the corners he landed at Auburn are in the league though.

Gotcha, yea the South Carolina fans prob have more critiques as DC. He was one of their best recruiters and their team was a lower tier SEC squad. Both of the corners he landed at Auburn are in the league though.

True that; forgot Davis was under his watch. Cant believe we didn’t go after C.D til this day. Smh. I’m seeing all the CB offers now, and that’s no coincidence, clearly.

Advertisement
True that; forgot Davis was under his watch. Cant believe we didn’t go after C.D til this day. Smh. I’m seeing all the CB offers now, and that’s no coincidence, clearly.
Yes. TRob was given the password to the file Banda was hiding from Rumph

Last edited:
Muschamp can afford to take this position with the paycheck he’s still getting from USCe
I get all these Gator coaches mixed up. I was trying to remember that guy who went Illinois. Can’t figure out which one got naked with the shark in a boat. No wonder they fired him. What kind of sane person does that and hopes to impress parents of recruits. Did they have him take a mental health fitness-for-duty exam? That wasn’t Mullet wasn’t it?

Advertisement
Back