Mullen too brash for Miami

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen — the former UF offensive coordinator who coached Tim Tebow and has been lauded for resurrecting the Bulldogs’ program with a 54-35 record in seven seasons — also has interviewed for the job, sources said, as he did before Golden was hired.

One source said that at least one person heavily involved in the search described Mullen as a bit “brash,” and that it rubbed that person the wrong way.

Three of the four main finalists for UM coaching job have ties to Hurricanes | Miami Herald

I hate these people

Advertisement
He is an arrogant ****y guy. However, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of him as we could use a shot of that with our culture.

Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen — the former UF offensive coordinator who coached Tim Tebow and has been lauded for resurrecting the Bulldogs’ program with a 54-35 record in seven seasons — also has interviewed for the job, sources said, as he did before Golden was hired.

One source said that at least one person heavily involved in the search described Mullen as a bit “brash,” and that it rubbed that person the wrong way.

Three of the four main finalists for UM coaching job have ties to Hurricanes | Miami Herald

I hate these people

These idiots are clueless. Not hiring Mullen to be a psychiatrist. We already had one sports psychologist who was a complete ***. They want a coach who wins the press conference, not football games.

Close to time to jump ship.

Advertisement
And he sucks
Hasn't beat a team that finished with 10 wins

1 season he finished better than 4th in his division

a good run in 2014 beating very overated 5 loss teams ended by losing 3 of 4 including a beat down by Ga tech

I hate these people

If I remember correctly he acted as if " he was the smartest man in the room".

So they went and hired " the dumbest man in the room

Advertisement
So someone else on our BOT must be the one who wants the choir boys. Donna is gone and it's the same old bull****.

Advertisement
And he sucks

a good run in 2014 beating very overated 5 loss teams ended by losing 3 of 4 including a beat down by Ga tech

You realize that MSU's all time record is below .500. Mullen's is over .600 in an era where the SEC West has been strong as ever. Guy can coach

Advertisement
Didn't UF come to the same conclusion?

I think he's a good coach, but he probably is a true *******.

And he sucks

You realize that MSU's all time record is below .500. Mullen's is over .600 in an era where the SEC West has been strong as ever. Guy can coach

His best wins are against 5 loss Auburn and LSU in 2014
so your saying he is average? ok

What a bunch of faqqots getting all bent out of shape about someone who they perceive as "brash."

Years ago we had coaches running up the score on teams and not giving a single fck when opponents would bltch about it.

That being said, isn't Schiano a total @sshole? Remember this?

NFL scouts haven't always felt welcome at Rutgers practices. Former coach Greg Schiano was notorious for treating NFL scouts poorly when they visited campus.

"At Rutgers, it was a really unpleasant day," an AFC executive told Yahoo Sports in 2012. "You were made to feel like an outsider, like you weren't welcome. And everyone was scared to talk to you. (Schiano) tried so hard to be a hard *** and went out of his way to be rude."

Unlike Greg Schiano, Rutgers coach Kyle Flood welcomes NFL scouts at practice | NJ.com

So Mullen is rubbing folks the wrong way, but we're strongly considering a total prick and below average coach like Schiano?

I have an awful awful feeling about this search.

Advertisement
Back