MSU hires Mel Tucker

I'm a huge Drew Pearson fan from back in the day. Manny needs to offer his son.

Maybe Ol' Drew doesn't know how to work the Google machine but it would be funny if we did offer and then he reads the story about Manny and Temple right before Diaz sits down with him.

Advertisement
rough situation, but anyone on this board would have taken the money and the job after being offered double. And if you say otherwise after staring at that money and knowing what it can do for you and your family, you are a lie.

For the ones saying, “Well why did he just say he was committed on Saturday??” Well because MSU hadn’t backed up the brinks truck yet, duh.

rough situation, but anyone on this board would have taken the money and the job after being offered double. And if you say otherwise after staring at that money and knowing what it can do for you and your family, you are a lie.

For the ones saying, “Well why did he just say he was committed on Saturday??” Well because MSU hadn’t backed up the brinks truck yet, duh.

I think the smart p-r move there is once you get the offer from MSU in writing then you have your agent take it to Colorado and tell them match at least 75% of this if you want me to stay and I won't even entertain any other college offers for the duration of that contract.

When CU balks you go public with the "discount" and "deal" you offered them and then you save some reputational points here and they take a hit for being "cheap".

Then again, these outrages about coaches lying are usually quickly forgotten anyway.

I think the smart p-r move there is once you get the offer from MSU in writing then you have your agent take it to Colorado and tell them match at least 75% of this if you want me to stay and I won't even entertain any other college offers for the duration of that contract.

When CU balks you go public with the "discount" and "deal" you offered them and then you save some reputational points here and they take a hit for being "cheap".

Then again, these outrages about coaches lying are usually quickly forgotten anyway.
Money talks, BS walks.

Advertisement
I just wanted CU to admit there's no way in **** that this corch is worth THAT instead of getting to play victim.
Will never happen. "While we believe that corch Tucker was the right man for the job...we just couldn't afford to come up to the levels that MSU was willing to."

If CU can get Bieniemy I think they'll be better off.

Will never happen. "While we believe that corch Tucker was the right man for the job...we just couldn't afford to come up to the levels that MSU was willing to."

If CU can get Bieniemy I think they'll be better off.

Better off by about a factor of 10000.

Advertisement
Mel Tucker as head coach?

If this staff loses to him...

LOL...this is a terrible negotiating tactic.

What if CU called His fake bluff, now Tucker is stuck with $1.5M less.

He made the right move, take the money and run.

Advertisement
LOL...this is a terrible negotiating tactic.

What if CU called His fake bluff, now Tucker is stuck with $1.5M less.

He made the right move, take the money and run.

Depends on if you prefer living in Boulder and have any other concerns about the possible ****show environment around MSU athletics as a whole too. Colorado theoretically could have a better trajectory than MSU. Not to mention that Tucker sucks so he may end up only getting paid at MSU for 2 years and then a buyout.

Advertisement
Sounds like Michigan State has their Al Golden. Hire your coach before you go on probation.

Wonder if there is some clause in his contract that deals with the possibility of the football team being put on probation for whatever occurred prior to his arrival?

Advertisement
Back