MSU hires Mel Tucker

Advertisement
91927116-9491-4B13-AF5C-95921C411CA9.gif

They should’ve just slapped the interim tag on Tressel and let the season play out and do search then. Paying $6 mill a year for Mel Tucker is nuts. It may end up being a good hire, but this is pure desperation.

"will more than double Tucker’s Colorado salary, which is around $2.7 million."
So Sparty is paying Mel Tucker $5.5 million per season.
sparty.gif
:vogel:

Bad look for all involved. Mich St screwed this up from the initial coaching clause, to Dantonio's untimely departure to overpaying for a coRch who will have burned tons of bridges with this charade of lying to coaches/kids. Yuck.

Advertisement
Good for Mel. Don't know who he is but I had a brother-in-law names Mel. Just one question, name sounds like a country singer, why would MSU hire a singer to coach football?

Advertisement
That’s a lot of money for a coach who has only coached 12 games but big 10 is bringing in the money hand over fist

Wow, I can relate to Mel Tucker....I used to have a terrible problem with pathological level lying....But, back in 2013, I went in for surgery to have my tongue notarized and things have improved....

Okay, gotta get going.....Megan Fox is in the middle of giving me a hummer....
Rough times. Glad to see you came out better from it. #ironsharpensiron

Advertisement
Ho.Lee.Chit, I admit I know nothing about the guy, which being a huge CFB fan is in and of itself surprising, but not nearly as much as him getting a massive raise with virtually no track record.

Advertisement
zero problem with him leaving for double pay, it’s the double standard when applied to players that’s ridiculous.

side note can we bring in alfano that beast DE that transferred there from bama?

The guy who must be kicking himself is Nick Rolovich who left Hawaii for Wazzu....alot easier to recruit at Colorado than Pullman, Washington.

I remember when Colorado was good. They had kordell stewart and eric bieniemy and they beat Notre Dame for a national championship and played for another one.

What the **** happened to them? Now they're losing coaches to Michigan State.

They pulled alot of out-of-state talent, especially New Orleans, soCal, Texas, etc....HC McCartney was a very good recruiter who had a very good recruiting staff....plus Colorado had a history of getting busted by NCAA.

Advertisement
Back