Moving on... Remaining New Class Board

Advertisement
We need top CBs. Brown is top priority now that Marshall is paid off. And if UF paid for Marshall and probably Collier too, they're definitely making offers to the rest of the Palmetto kids, so I won't be surprised if Collins flips. Maybe Smith too. Keep on Yulkeith and Amari Daniels just in case. Also take Chase Smith.

What’s the hold up with the CB Brown ? Is it really between us and VTech? Seems like an easy pick

Advertisement
Divaad didn't get a spot cause there's ALOT of kids on the team & a team bartender he got legit pressure with... Had nothing to do with talent. Never did.
I know you can’t share details but are we talking. It’s on sight pressure or I don’t F with you stay from around me pressure.

There has to be something much deeper than just Rumph going on with corner back Recruiting.
This goes back over ten years that we can’t land elite corners on this team. Even usc with all the crap they’ve gone through has landed top db recruits from SoCal. If you really go back and think about the talent this area and this state Has produced at the position; but the only player we landed was Al Blades?!! it’s almost like if it was typo.
We can land Duke, Coley, AR, Walton, Homer (ranked 10th Nationally), L Miller, but goose eggs at corner??!!! When you think about it feels like you almost have to purposely not recruit corner backs to get that result.

Advertisement
We need top CBs. Brown is top priority now that Marshall is paid off. And if UF paid for Marshall and probably Collier too, they're definitely making offers to the rest of the Palmetto kids, so I won't be surprised if Collins flips. Maybe Smith too. Keep on Yulkeith and Amari Daniels just in case. Also take Chase Smith.

I highly doubt they paid for Collier. Supply and demand. There was no demand. LSU didn't offer and Miami wasn't that interested. B. Smith is a talented 3 star, he's not going to get paid so there is no reason for him to go to UF. Collins was always a flip prospect, money or not. He might get dropped for being so flaky if he doesnt tighten up.

UF already promised money and didn't pay up to other players so I think they are writing bad checks right now.

UF paid Marshall an eye-watering amount of money because the staff was getting clowned on the trail. They got Collier free.
Landing those two took the heat off the coaches. Their class is already mostly complete so they aren't going to start handing out money that they probably don't have.

You are sweating for no reason.

What’s the hold up with the CB Brown ? Is it really between us and VTech? Seems like an easy pick
I haven't been able to get any information from Palm Beach on him, but I'm sure we'll get an update once the Maudes have something.

Advertisement
The DB coach at IMG is a former Va Tech CB & he's pushing Brown to them, that's why they're in it.

And the hold up was we had slowed down on contact with him because we were going after Marshall, but since we lost Marshall no we're amping the contact back up.

I haven't been able to get any information from Palm Beach on him, but I'm sure we'll get an update once the Maudes have something.

There has to be something much deeper than just Rumph going on with corner back Recruiting.
This goes back over ten years that we can’t land elite corners on this team. Even usc with all the crap they’ve gone through has landed top db recruits from SoCal. If you really go back and think about the talent this area and this state Has produced at the position; but the only player we landed was Al Blades?!! it’s almost like if it was typo.
We can land Duke, Coley, AR, Walton, Homer (ranked 10th Nationally), L Miller, but goose eggs at corner??!!! When you think about it feels like you almost have to purposely not recruit corner backs to get that result.
Tracey Howard, Al Blades Jr.......is all i can think of. Goose eggs indeed with miracles at the very end of every recruiting cycle. I feel like we should take 2-3 extra wr's/athletes who played db in hs just to make sure we have enough depth down the line. It seems like every year we're an injury away from sending out Brian Monroe at db. I'm appalled year after year how scarce we are on quality db's ready to play

Advertisement
Tracey Howard, Al Blades Jr.......is all i can think of. Goose eggs indeed with miracles at the very end of every recruiting cycle. I feel like we should take 2-3 extra wr's/athletes who played db in hs just to make sure we have enough depth down the line. It seems like every year we're an injury away from sending out Brian Monroe at db. I'm appalled year after year how scarce we are on quality db's ready to play
And Howard was a safety. Haven't had a pure 100 athletic cover corner here since the man who’s coaching the position and the other one on staff.

OK … so what's your point?

I don't get most of you guys. They don't give rewards for the "national recruiting championship" or the "composite highest draft championship". That's Gator talk.

The whole point is to get talented kids that can field an effective unit. And the effectiveness has in fact improved. One year we had #1 passing defense. If there is any weakness about our defense, it's getting off the field on "money downs". There's a thread on that by Roffers. Read It. If anything it indicates problems we have schematically in critical situations, not weaknesses we have athletically.

Some of you need to get your priorities sorted out.
So you never heard of the Max Emfinger Memorial National Recruiting Award?

Nah. When it didn’t go down because of a writer’s “crystal ball” I knew we were getting played. I said as much at the time and it didn’t go over well.

This was obvious. Onto Plan B
Yeah, that smelled fishy. I was more worried he would hold out till NSD and pull the wrong hat then.

Advertisement
Back