Moves are being made

Again, every coach has question marks including Mario... even Saban has losses you could question. The guy clearly bats well above Iowa State's weight class and consistently beats teams with much, much more talent. There is a reason NFL teams have tried to hire him, but he is not good enough for the University of Miami in 2021. If you have questions about some of his losses then I would love to hear thoughts on other candidates that you think are good enough to coach here.
Fine I’ll play if he finishes 11–1 and brings a dc sign me up for lane kiffin. I think he loves big city programs Mario is 1b

Advertisement
yes. I've been watching it for the past month or so. so far, he's been right more than he's been wrong...
He seems to give some specifics, which is encouraging. The fake insiders give nebulous wishy-washy BS that gives them a way out when they’re wrong.

You have to re-adjust your fandom. I've been spoiled with 5 NC's in my lifetime (really 4 has a rabid fan as I was a little too young in '83). After losing to the likes of MSU and Virginia at home, my gut says, to **** with this program until they show a commitment to winning. But my son just wants to go to the games and cheer for touchdowns with his dad. I'm not going to stand in the way of that. And one day, in the not so distant future (hopefully), it will pay off with big time winning football.
Yea.. you gotta keep doing what you’re doing. Divorce yourself from the emotion and enjoy the time w your son.

Advertisement
It’s sad… the team used to mean something to the community. Not so much anymore. Either get it right this time, or be upfront with us that you’re not interested in competing for anything beyond the occasional Coastal title and a loss in the ACC-CG. At least that way you can move past all the venom and animosity from the fanbase.
This, and maybe consider throwing all your eggs into baseball (and basketball?) and compete for titles in those two sports. Two or three influential boosters being ****ed is not going to cut it in football if you want to compete against the SEC.

And just like an effective strategic plan in business, it's a lot easier to succeed if you focus on and exploit your competitive advantages (S Fl talent pool, climate, on campus facilities, not competing against entire states, i.e. Alabama and S Car, etc).

This, and maybe consider throwing all your eggs into baseball (and basketball?) and compete for titles in those two sports. Two or three influential boosters being ****ed is not going to cut it in football if you want to compete against the SEC.

And just like an effective strategic plan in business, it's a lot easier to succeed if you focus on and exploit your competitive advantages (S Fl talent pool, climate, on campus facilities, not competing against entire states, i.e. Alabama and S Car, etc).
I don’t think there’s a fanbase in S Fla to support those sports. The juice may not be worth the squeeze. I could be wrong tho.

Advertisement
Why the continuing complaint that a coaching candidate has only 8 or 9 wins stuff? What 10 0r 11 win coach is going to leave for a rebuild? Orgeron excepted.

These are the records of Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson prior to Miami hire. With the current CIS discussions, they would be unacceptable.

College[edit]​

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Oklahoma State Cowboys (Big Eight Conference) (1979–1983)
1979Oklahoma State7–45–23rd
1980Oklahoma State3–7–12–4–15th
1981Oklahoma State7–54–3T–3rdL Independence
1982Oklahoma State4–5–23–2–23rd
1983Oklahoma State8–43–44thW Astro-Bluebonnet18
Oklahoma State:29–25–317–15–3

Wyoming Cowboys (Western Athletic Conference) (1986)
1986Wyoming6–64–4T–4th
Wyoming:6–64–4
Washington State Cougars (Pacific-10 Conference) (1987–1988)
1987Washington State3–7–11–5–19th
1988Washington State9–35–3T–3rdW Aloha1616
Washington State:12–10–16–8–1

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fine I’ll play if he finishes 11–1 and brings a dc sign me up for lane kiffin. I think he loves big city programs Mario is 1b
Agreed that Lane would win, but I would also be very, very concerned about us getting slammed by the NCAA again. Even a former player on the board has said that.

Can't you make the same argument about Mario having questionable losses? Granted he is a better recruiter. And this is not trashing Mario. I think in many ways he is the safest, highest floor candidate out there. It is more a comment that every coach has those losses on their resume with the parity in college football today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back