Moves are being made

Advertisement
You think Cooney survives in that instance? I can see fields as the reputable guy but honestly, he isnt in our top 100 problems but he aint lighting the world on fire. Arroyo, great pull. Mallory, cant get right. This year, we dont have a valid TE option. Brantley, true cane but with limitations. So coaching/recruiting i am not seeing it. Also having Cooney in his role just means as soon as an on field position opens Luke and his boys will be all over screaming for it to go to Cooney and when it doesnt everyone will be salty. Just seems like too much drama. DVD is young and upcoming I can see him getting a shot.
He’s got a lot of ties in south Florida. Keep him for recruiting. If he wants a coaching job let him go do it at a smaller P5 school

Advertisement
You know, I was just thinking today about how Diaz has missed on identifying talent just as badly as Richt. For all his faults, Al Golden was a far superior recruiter than Richt or Diaz and it's not even close. I believe DVD is now the recruiting director. Under Golden it was Brennan Carroll. I wonder if Carroll played a key role in why Golden seemed to have a better eye for talent. I don't know how much influence as recruiting director has- does he just keep track of recruits contact info or does he actually have a role in scouting / identifying prospects?

Advertisement
He’s got a lot of ties in south Florida. Keep him for recruiting. If he wants a coaching job let him go do it at a smaller P5 school
Oh I know he does, but there just seems to be drama around him and his people. In talking about that on-field job, wasn;t that him when the CB position opened up who was salty and kinda airing grievances on twitter about not being selected?

Can anyone confirm?
C51B09F2-0EB8-4449-99A6-3ECE47272BA5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
You know, I was just thinking today about how Diaz has missed on identifying talent just as badly as Richt. For all his faults, Al Golden was a far superior recruiter than Richt or Diaz and it's not even close. I believe DVD is now the recruiting director. Under Golden it was Brennan Carroll. I wonder if Carroll played a key role in why Golden seemed to have a better eye for talent. I don't know how much influence as recruiting director has- does he just keep track of recruits contact info or does he actually have a role in scouting / identifying prospects?
We’ve talked about this on here before. Golden was a better talent evaluator IMO

Advertisement
Back