Moten

If Moten committed to us and then pulled the same stunt we'd call it a troll job. It is what it is. And yes he was quoted saying his coach told him to keep his options open, as I recall.

I still take that with a grain of salt coming from the kid justifying his looking around. He may have told him this before he committed. You never know the timeline. But he is implying he knew for a fact that the coach told him after committing do not respect your commitment which I find hard to believe.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First STA troll I've seen

NWO now they have a new coach who is encouraging this stuff.

That's bull****. Rocco is a class act. Preaches same stuff Smith did. He'd never encourage trolling. Maybe telling him to reevaluate if he's not sure. Don't put stuff out there like that. He's been coach 2 years now. Why wasn't there trolling before Moten?

Roco told Moten and his parents to continue to talk to 4 other schools instead of shut it down and stay solid to Florida. Does that sound like how STA used to run their program ? Encouraging kids to look around?
Are you a fly on the wall everywhere? You seem to make statements with authority, UGA coaches told Sony they will take the first two commits, STA head coach told Moten to look around after committing, etc, etc.........
Please stop it's getting annoying.
Well Moten told reporters that so maybe Moten is lying and the UGA Rb's told reporters first 2 are in so maybe they are lying too.

The Moten thing was talked about on this board he did an interview with Rivals I think a week after his commitment to Florida.

Any Florida fan is a piece of **** of my eyes. Why the **** does this guy continue to post here. Freaking irritating. Get lost.

Any Florida fan is a piece of **** of my eyes. Why the **** does this guy continue to post here. Freaking irritating. Get lost.

Aren't you Caneinsider's bodyguard? Aren't you the guy that dog's the crap out of this site at every opportunity?

How about YOU get lost

That's bull****. Rocco is a class act. Preaches same stuff Smith did. He'd never encourage trolling. Maybe telling him to reevaluate if he's not sure. Don't put stuff out there like that. He's been coach 2 years now. Why wasn't there trolling before Moten?

Roco told Moten and his parents to continue to talk to 4 other schools instead of shut it down and stay solid to Florida. Does that sound like how STA used to run their program ? Encouraging kids to look around?
Are you a fly on the wall everywhere? You seem to make statements with authority, UGA coaches told Sony they will take the first two commits, STA head coach told Moten to look around after committing, etc, etc.........
Well Moten told reporters that so maybe Moten is lying and the UGA Rb's told reporters first 2 are in so maybe they are lying too.

The Moten thing was talked about on this board he did an interview with Rivals I think a week after his commitment to Florida.
You're taking what 17 year old kids to the bank even if makes the coaches look shaky? Good for you.

Advertisement
in class with prospects, shares with CIS. you are on the high road to joining the teenage insider/staff writer CIS crew young man.

You're taking what 17 year old kids to the bank even if makes the coaches look shaky? Good for you.

so I should not believe Moten and think he is just a GIANT troll?

Not every recruit that decommits is a troll. He's a kid just like everybody else i mean it's the biggest decision of his life and if he wants to make sure it's the right choice at least he's man enough to do that 10 months before NSD instead of at the last second to hurt the UF program

Not every recruit that decommits is a troll. He's a kid just like everybody else i mean it's the biggest decision of his life and if he wants to make sure it's the right choice at least he's man enough to do that 10 months before NSD instead of at the last second to hurt the UF program

Southcane is trying to say Moten is lying about what Rocco told him to do.

Advertisement

Nobody knows and honestly it doesn't matter i mean dude isn't even done with his junior year of high school so he can decommit anytime for whatever reason al that matters is 10 months from now

Nobody knows and honestly it doesn't matter i mean dude isn't even done with his junior year of high school so he can decommit anytime for whatever reason al that matters is 10 months from now
Of course he can decommit and he has every right to decommit. All that was talked about is why is it happening at a place it usually doesn't happen. The answer is a new coach with a different philosophy.

Wow. Dalvin Cook says hes gonna make a "firm commitment" some time next year and now this with Moten. Do these kids not understand the meaning of commitment? It's actually a joke. It seems like its just these SoFlorida kids that are either flat out potatoes or just primadonnas but this it just becoming a funny joke watching these kids "commit" before NSD.

Wow. Dalvin Cook says hes gonna make a "firm commitment" some time next year and now this with Moten. Do these kids not understand the meaning of commitment? It's actually a joke. It seems like its just these SoFlorida kids that are either flat out potatoes or just primadonnas but this it just becoming a funny joke watching these kids "commit" before NSD.

10 months away.......... literally everybody on here can get their girl pregnant and have their child before NSD comes so what is the big deal if they change their minds now especially when they're 16 or 17 year old kids?

Advertisement
First STA troll I've seen

Not defending the Gator here but that was what was reported on this board. It led to an honest discussion about the new coach there, not what this thread has derived into.

Basically the new coach was encouraging visits, certainly not trolling or anything of the sort, but it is still a bit of a change.

Not defending the Gator here but that was what was reported on this board. It led to an honest discussion about the new coach there, not what this thread has derived into.

Basically the new coach was encouraging visits, certainly not trolling or anything of the sort, but it is still a bit of a change.

He should be encouraging kids to not make commitments till they're 100%, like Smith always did. Not saying he's encouraging trolling, but it sucks to see that he's not running the ship with the same level of integrity we've grown to love about the STA program. All good this must come to an end I guess...

Last edited:
Advertisement
17 or not its about being a man of your word if this is the biggest decisions of your life treat it that way dont be around here saying your going to do something and dont do it, if moten says he wants to be a gator be a gator just be honest thats all

Smith, and Rocco, like them to sit down and review everything with their staff first. Moten shocked them by doing this. Their kids never do this. If they had met and reviewed everything to make sure the family did their homework, they would definitely encourage shutting it down, even if it was UF. STA wants what's best for the kid. Rocco isn't like that, so don't spread rumors that he is
I am not spreading any rumors as you see. Rocco encourage Moten to continue to talk to other schools

I for one hope he's slandering the f out of Florida. F the gators. I wish every single HC in sfl would encourage their kids that are thinking about the gators to keep looking. That way they'll stay the **** out of sfl.
understandable some people don't care about young men's future and you are one of them

IHTP... While I agree with you that this is an important life decision for a young man, let's not forget all the negative recruiting out of Gainesville the past few years.

Last edited:
IHTP... While I agree with you that this is an important life decision for a young man, let's not forget all the negative recruiting out of Gainesville the past few years.
Tex you know this has happen? Last time I checked the last few years Florida and Miami have not really recruited against each other. Name the kids Miami and Uf fought for the last few years. List is pretty short and had nothing to do with negative recruiting.

Advertisement
Back