Most Under Appreciated Star in a Canes’ Uni

Advertisement
Best tacklers: 1. Ray Lewis 2. Dan Morgan 3. Micheal Barrow

Hardest hitters: 1. Nate Webster 2. Denzel Perryman 3. Rohan Marley
No way on earth did Denzell or Marley hit harder than Rod Carter...and Lol at Morgan a better tackler than Nate....Morgan will tell ya that himself....

Not at UM he wasn't....Nate was a one Man wrecking crew...22 games & over 300 tackles??....Show me ANY LBer in UM History with those stats in 22 games....You can't...not to mention 12 tackles for loss and 8 sacks....
Not that statistics proves anything, but lewis did leave UM with the single season tackles record, broken by Morgan iirc. Your 22 game stretch thing is trying too hard to use stats. Nate was a really good LB. Lewis is the best defensive player ever. We’re not arguing about impact other than tackling ability. You take nate, I’ll tale ray ray. Nothing more to say.

Advertisement
Not that statistics proves anything, but lewis did leave UM with the single season tackles record, broken by Morgan iirc. Your 22 game stretch thing is trying too hard to use stats. Nate was a really good LB. Lewis is the best defensive player ever. We’re not arguing about impact other than tackling ability. You take nate, I’ll tale ray ray. Nothing more to say.
What Nate did to Joe Hamilton & GT in the 99 Gator Bowl was a sight to behold..earning MVP of the game (I stood on the sidelines with my wife)...Again, I'll say it one more time....300+ tackles in 22 games with 12 tackles for Loss and 8 sacks is something Ray never did at UM....I'm not talking NFL....I'm talking at UM, where Ray played on a MUCH better team...with better LBers beside him...Not too mention a MUCH better DL....I'm fully aware of Rays accomplishments....but Facts are Facts....

He F-ing only played in 22 games in his career at UM....How is that trying too hard to use Stats??...If Nate played in the same amount of games at UM that Ray did...he'd own every record for a LBer at UM.....

What Nate did to Joe Hamilton & GT in the 99 Gator Bowl was a sight to behold..earning MVP of the game (I stood on the sidelines with my wife)...Again, I'll say it one more time....300+ tackles in 22 games with 12 tackles for Loss and 8 sacks is something Ray never did at UM....I'm not talking NFL....I'm talking at UM, where Ray played on a MUCH better team...with better LBers beside him...Not too mention a MUCH better DL....I'm fully aware of Rays accomplishments....but Facts are Facts....
Webster played next to Dan Morgan and Chris Campbell. You think Lewis had better LBs next to him?

Webster played next to Dan Morgan and Chris Campbell. You think Lewis had better LBs next to him?
Only in 99 he did....in 98 it was Morgan...Nate...and Rod Mack (also Michael Smith)....Ray Lewis...Marley and Burgess were just as good...if not better than what Nate had.....

Advertisement
He F-ing only played in 22 games in his career at UM....How is that trying too hard to use Stats??...If Nate played in the same amount of games at UM that Ray did...he'd own every record for a LBer at UM.....
He started 22 games, not played in 22 games, iirc. Lewis started from game 2 of his true frosh year. For a reason.

In his sophomore season, Lewis earned first-team All-American and All-Big East honors. Lewis led the Big East with 153 tackles and also contributed nine tackles for a loss, two sacks, and an interception for a Hurricanes team that had the nation's top-ranked defense and finished No. 6 in both the writers' and coaches' polls.

Lewis's junior campaign was even more successful, as he was again named to the All-American and All-Big East teams, and finished as runner-up for the Butkus Award. Lewis finished his junior season with 160 tackles, the second highest in University of Miami team history after Ed Weisacosky's 164 in 1965. Lewis also totaled eight tackles for loss, two sacks, two interceptions, a forced fumble, four pass deflections, and one touchdown.

Lewis led the Big East in tackles his last two seasons and accumulated the fifth most in Miami history despite playing only three seasons.
-wiki

No way on earth did Denzell or Marley hit harder than Rod Carter...and Lol at Morgan a better tackler than Nate....Morgan will tell ya that himself....
Fair point on Rod Carter. I didn't watch many of games as I was very young at the time when he was playing. There is a clip of one of his hits in the first 30 for 30 about the U. That hit was vicious. I decided to go back and watch that game on Youtube. It was the '87 game against Arkansas in Little Rock. We absolutely destroyed a good Arkansas team. Carter was a beast that game and his hit on their qb is one of my favorite hits of all time.

Last edited:
He started 22 games, not played in 22 games, iirc. Lewis started from game 2 of his true frosh year. For a reason.

-wiki
Ask his teammate who posts on here....It was Nate...not Morgan who was MVP of the 99 Gator Bowl....Again...Show me ANY Starting LBer in UM History...who had better stats in 22 straight games than Nate....Nobody is even close....

Fair point on Rod Carter. I didn't watch many of games as I was very young at the time when he was playing. There is a clip of one of his hits in the first 30 for 30 about the U. That hit was vicious. I decided to go back and watch that game on Youtube. It was the '87 game against Arkansas in Fayetteville. We absolutely destroyed a good Arkansas team. Carter was a beast that game and his hit on their qb is one of my favorite hits of all time.
Thank you...to say Marley at 5'8 200lbs could hit harder than Nate is Ludicrous....same goes for Denzel...and thats not a dig on Marley or Denzel...both who I Love...

Advertisement
Only in 99 he did....in 98 it was Morgan...Nate...and Rod Mack (also Michael Smith)....Ray Lewis...Marley and Burgess were just as good...if not better than what Nate had.....
Lol. So Webster played next to the guy widely considered the goat UM LB (morgan) for both seasons, but ypu’re bothering to argue lewis played next to better guys? Then you mention rohan?

Lol. So Webster played next to the guy widely considered the goat UM LB (morgan) for both seasons, but ypu’re bothering to argue lewis played next to better guys? Then you mention rohan?
You're making it sound like Burgess and Rohan were slouches....

Advertisement
Thank you...to say Marley at 5'8 200lbs could hit harder than Nate is Ludicrous....same goes for Denzel...and thats not a dig on Marley or Denzel...both who I Love...
No, I don't think Marley could hit harder than Nate. I think Nate is the number 1 hardest hitter in UM history. I just think Lewis was better all around tackler and best tackler ever in UM history

No, I don't think Marley could hit harder than Nate. I think Nate is the number 1 hardest hitter in UM history. I just think Lewis was better all around tackler and best tackler ever in UM history
22 games as a starter...300+ tackles can't be touched....on a team that had a MUCH weaker DL than Ray had....Go look at Rays DL...then look at Nates DL....and tell me who's was better....That makes a WORLD of difference for a LBer...

You're making it sound like Burgess and Rohan were slouches....
You’re the one who chosed to argue lewis played next to better LBs. I just pointed out it’s not true. And IMO Rohan was not as good as folks claimed then or now. He was a good hitter but at his size was a liability at times. I thought that then, fwiw.

Advertisement
Back