Most Under Appreciated Star in a Canes’ Uni

His (Portis) fumble cost us the game...
Come on now. We had 5 guys fumble that game. Dorsey and Moss each had fumbles that led to Wash touchdowns. Portis deserved to play more but Butch was a stubborn dude. Portis had 7 touches for 150 yards. James Jackson had 11 carries for 34 yards and 1 reception for 7 yards.

Advertisement
Melvin Bratton sharing the stage will never get him in the conversation as one of Miami's greatest backs but his performance in the the 84 game vs BC and Doug Flutie is one of the top all time performances that does not get talked about because of the Hail Mary throw by Flutie. I put it right up there with Edge James UCLA game.

Interesting article on this subject of overlooked canes.
Good article, thanks for posting. I forgot about Stanley Shakespeare. He was a key contributor to the 83 title team.

We got guy here arguing ray lewis wasn’t a good tackler because rohan marley was better than dan morgan, and pat riley over william joseph and d. Lewis. Lol.

Advertisement
We got guy here arguing ray lewis wasn’t a good tackler because rohan marley was better than dan morgan, and pat riley over william joseph and d. Lewis. Lol.
If you're referring to me, I never said Ray wasn't a good tackler....And only a complete Moron thinks Ray's DL wasn't better than Webster's DL....

He played so long ago, people forget how dominant Ted Hendricks was for us.

The Mad Stork terrified quarterbacks his entire college career.

Theres a famous picture of him about to tackle Steve Spurrier.

Steve looks like he's had a Code Brown situation and Ted Hendricks looks like he has a big juicy steak put in front of him.

Also guys like Gino Torreta, Wesley Carroll, Kevin Williams, and Stanley Shakespeare don't get enough mentions.

He played so long ago, people forget how dominant Ted Hendricks was for us.

The Mad Stork terrified quarterbacks his entire college career.

Theres a famous picture of him about to tackle Steve Spurrier.

Steve looks like he's had a Code Brown situation and Ted Hendricks looks like he has a big juicy steak put in front of him.

Also guys like Gino Torreta, Wesley Carroll, Kevin Williams, and Stanley Shakespeare don't get enough mentions.
I can guarantee you Ted wasn't "Underappreciated"....

Advertisement
Melvin Bratton sharing the stage will never get him in the conversation as one of Miami's greatest backs but his performance in the the 84 game vs BC and Doug Flutie is one of the top all time performances that does not get talked about because of the Hail Mary throw by Flutie. I put it right up there with Edge James UCLA game.

Interesting article on this subject of overlooked canes.

Some good names. I always bring up James Stewart. Had he had his head on right, he had the talent to be GOAT at UM - better than all of them. He was that good and there's a reason they called him "superman". 6-3, 230 and ran a 4.4 and strong as an ox (ran a 10.5/10.6 100m in HS). I recall going to practice back when he was a freshman and every time he had a rep on the scout team, the first string starting defense would all say to each other, "hey, james is up, let's go watch".

HiC was another good one. Never seen anyone else glide like he did on the field - watching him in practice was something to behold. Real long strider and fast as ****. Could have been an olympian in the LJ.

I'm not going to claim he was a "star" in the true sense of the word, but I'm going to say RB/WR Jason Geathers. Wherever he was needed whether it be playing RB or catching passes, he was always up to the task and was adept at both position in a utility role kind of fashion. I honestly think it hurt his chances at playing in the league not focusing on his more natural position which was WR in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back